Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Palace vs Leicester - Pre match thread (14th September 3pm)

I'm not too mad at Ayew starting, on the basis that we'll bring Fatawu on but the risk is, we could well be out of the game before it's even time to bring him on.

My biggest frustration would be Ndidi starting. He's absolute dross now and does nothing but give away fouls and hinder our own attacks.

I want to like Cooper, but he's making it harder and harder to do so with such negative selections.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'm not too mad at Ayew starting, on the basis that we'll bring Fatawu on but the risk is, we could well be out of the game before it's even time to bring him on.

My biggest frustration would be Ndidi starting. He's absolute dross now and does nothing but give away fouls and hinder our own attacks.

I want to like Cooper, but he's making it harder and harder to do so with such negative selections.

He should be starting Bilal or Facundo in Ndidi's place, and then bring him on later in the game for Winks or Skipp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At least anyone watching from home now knows to not bother turning it on until at least 60 minutes has been played / until he makes some subs

I could maybe understand using Wilf there against the big 6 (and I still wouldn’t be happy about it) but Palace away? ffs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I want Ndidi gone, he seems to be in cruise control, just can't be asked to do anything proactive on the pitch. He waits for a goal scoring opportunity to come...that's about it really 

• Like 1

Totally agree about the lack of flair in midfield and even in defence with no Ricardo and JV who can progress with the ball. Total opposite approach to Enzo. Got a feeling of keeping the score down until half time and then pushing on. I hope for the managers sake that this works. The other thought is that if Ayew starts who do you bring on later? Continues to feel like Cooper has his favourites that he trusts and he won't take any risks with players that can open the game up

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I want Ndidi gone, he seems to be in cruise control, just can't be asked to do anything proactive on the pitch. He waits for a goal scoring opportunity to come...that's about it really 

Totally agree.  I feel like his new contract and wages might be some form of pressure for him to play.

Either that or the nostalgia of him being good.

There's been no evidence in months to suggest he should be starting over other options. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah it’s frustrating if that is the team. Like you I can absorb Ayew starting but for the love of the baby Jesus drop one of the three central DCM’s for Buonanotte.

• Like 1

Cooper’s selection getting a bit silly now. The strategy seems to be to hold out for a draw and then play for 25 minutes. There are 90 mins to win a game. If you create a mentality of not playing for 2/3rds of the game, then you deserve everything you get. 

Cooper just won't ever drop Ndidi will he? I get he just wants to keep the game tight, but this midfield 3 isn't capable of creating anything. 

We're going to be relying on keeping it 0-0 and hoping the likes of BEK and Buonanotte can do something off the bench.

Three defensive midfielders is maybe ok against the top teams. But against Palace? It's too negative.