Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Palace vs Leicester - Pre match thread (14th September 3pm)

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

The comparison with an Enzo team is interesting as we saw second half of last season the way to beat us was sit deep, frustrate and counter. Feels like an unchanged team to Villa to me! Keep it tight early and take the handbrake off a little second half if needed.

That seemed to be the approach that West Ham took against them and they ran out winners. But for me Palace were the better team in the game, despite the scoreline. 

The Premier League these days is very German like, in a good way. Both teams take turns having a real go, and often times it's in the chaotic moments that the goals happen, from transitions and counter-transitions. I think Glasner should take a lot of credit for having more of a go than most, yet ironically this may his biggest weakness as it can leave Palace open. I can see why Bayern Munich were after him though, as they would be thinking that his style will be even more effective when you have better players. 

• Like 1

On 02/09/2024 at 09:32, pmcla26 said:

Hermansen 

Ricardo

Faes 

Okoli 

Kristiansen 

Skipp 

Winks 

Fatawu 

El Khannous 

Mavididi 

Vardy

That would be my choice too but realistically, you'd think Ricardo isn't going to start, as much as we know he should.

I'd certainly like to see Okoli keep his place. Torn between El Khannous and the Brighton lad though. I think the Brighton lad will fit in more naturally due to being more experienced in the league.

(Yes, i can't be bothered to Google how to spell 'The Brighton Lads' name)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bettsj2 said:

I think this will be the worst of the games so far.

Palace will dominate and we'll delay trying to utilise any creative output until it's too late.

3-0 defeat.

I think the approach to this match will either confirm your analogy or he may suprise us, if its the former then it's going to be a long season, we have the team to collectively win matches just not sure Cooper will go for it.

It'll be Nketiah's first game for Palace and he'll have a point to prove. 

As for everyone picking the Team, I'll leave that SC. I'm sure he'll see the next 7 games as his time to get us started on the road to Premiership Survival.

I'll just wait and see where we are by the time we meet Ipswich Nov 2nd

Hopefully the No Points Deduction News will give us a boost. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

It'll be Nketiah's first game for Palace and he'll have a point to prove. 

As for everyone picking the Team, I'll leave that SC. I'm sure he'll see the next 7 games as his time to get us started on the road to Premiership Survival.

I'll just wait and see where we are by the time we meet Ipswich Nov 2nd

Hopefully the No Points Deduction News will give us a boost. 

Will he play ahead of Mateta? I hope he does, but I can't see it...

• Like 1

Here's how we start. Over half the team haven't  been at International duty. El Khannous has been playing as a 6 for Morrocco and so whether he is a bolted on 8/10 for us is another question. Could be that he plays as part of 3 in a 4-3-3. 

Hermansen

Justin Faes Okoli Kristiansen

Winks Skipp

Fatawu El Khannous Mavididi

Vardy

Ricardo, Coady, Buonanotte, Ayew, Ndidi, Alves, Edouard, Ward

Edited by FosseSpark

44 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Here's how we start. Over half the team haven't  been at International duty. El Khannous has been playing as a 6 for Morrocco and so whether he is a bolted on 8/10 for us is another question. Could be that he plays as part of 3 in a 4-3-3. 

Hermansen

Justin Faes Okoli Kristiansen

Winks Skipp

Fatawu El Khannous Mavididi

Vardy

Ricardo, Coady, Buonanotte, Ayew, Ndidi, Alves, Edouard, Ward

Why do you think Cooper will choose El Khannous over Buonanotte? 

Alves is highly unlikely to make the bench, sadly. And Edouard definitely won't as he's ineligible for this game.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That seemed to be the approach that West Ham took against them and they ran out winners. But for me Palace were the better team in the game, despite the scoreline. 

The Premier League these days is very German like, in a good way. Both teams take turns having a real go, and often times it's in the chaotic moments that the goals happen, from transitions and counter-transitions. I think Glasner should take a lot of credit for having more of a go than most, yet ironically this may his biggest weakness as it can leave Palace open. I can see why Bayern Munich were after him though, as they would be thinking that his style will be even more effective when you have better players. 

Except it's not 'tight' if you play Ndidi and JJ because they keep giving the ball away. They are the exact opposite.

• Like 1

I could see nothing but a win under a seasoned manager.

However under Cooper can see this being nothing but a solid loss.

Can't see us winning against Everton under Cooper.

As soon as the points deduction got thrown out Steve Cooper should of been sacked. If that had happened I could see us winning 4 out of the next 5 Games.

Unfortunately I can see us drawing 2 and losing 3 of  the next 5 under Cooper.

Edited by Fox85
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

I could see nothing but a win under a seasoned manager.

However under Cooper can see this being nothing but a solid loss.

Can't see us winning against Everton under Cooper.

As soon as the points deduction got thrown out Steve Cooper should of been sacked. If that had happened I could see us winning 4 out of the next 5 Games.

Unfortunately I can see us drawing 2 and losing 3 of  the next 5 under Cooper.

Take it you aren't a Cooper fan?

Not even gave the game at the weekend a thought as sad as that sounds, I'm really struggling to get up for this season and I have no idea why, usually buzzing for matchday but I'm not arsed, probably because i just cannot stand the Prem 

Mads 

Faes Okali Vesty  

Justin                               VK     
    Winks Skipp Ndidi Hamza 

Ayew 

Cooper going ultra positive with 5 at the back and 4 dcm……

• Haha 1