Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Palace vs Leicester - Pre match thread (14th September 3pm)

On 11/09/2024 at 14:31, FosseSpark said:

Here's how we start. Over half the team haven't  been at International duty. El Khannous has been playing as a 6 for Morrocco and so whether he is a bolted on 8/10 for us is another question. Could be that he plays as part of 3 in a 4-3-3. 

Hermansen

Justin Faes Okoli Kristiansen

Winks Skipp

Fatawu El Khannous Mavididi

Vardy

Ricardo, Coady, Buonanotte, Ayew, Ndidi, Alves, Edouard, Ward

No point in putting Edouard on the bench, not allowed to play against his parent club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, phildw said:

Really can't believe we are STILL having to rely on an ageing crocked Vardy at this stage after a full transfer window! Absolutely ridiculous 🙄 

I don't understand how signing a striker wasn't a priority this window. I thought it would be number 2 on the list of priorities after replacing KDH. 

If they won't let Edouard play we should refuse to play them or they pay his wages this week conning cockney cvnts.

I bet they didn't point this out when Rudkin signed him.

I feel sorry for Jon. He gets blamed for everything.

How was he supposed to know this. Half our fans didn't know this.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If they won't let Edouard play we should refuse to play them or they pay his wages this week conning cockney cvnts.

It's an absolute scandal that Palace won't let us play Edouard, but the PL will do **** all about it because they want revenge for the PSR thing. Once again it's one rule for us and one for everybody else :mad:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's an absolute scandal that Palace won't let us play Edouard, but the PL will do **** all about it because they want revenge for the PSR thing. Once again it's one rule for us and one for everybody else :mad:

All loanees can't play against their parent clubs it just doesn't effect us.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, sylofox said:

I can't think of many occasions where this HASN'T been written into a loan contract between 2 PL teams.

It's pretty commonplace. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/09/2024 at 13:32, Ric Flair said:

I might be being extremely naive but if his methods create a strong home record and good atmosphere but the opposite away, then he should be encouraged to set up at home how he sees fit and get the results but it's his tactics away from home that should be dealt with as a priority. We're not even talking about the record being OK by trying to nick results, it was pretty much the universally defeat after defeat. I think he picked up just 13 points on the road in just under 1.5 seasons in the Prem.

Horrendous.

Just heard his pre-match comments about “how challenging an away match is in the PL.”

No wonder his teams travel so poorly, his mentality to away games is honking.

Look to unsettle the home crowd, all home support is fickle and quickly get on players backs yet we set up to be so passive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

I can't think of many occasions where this HASN'T been written into a loan contract between 2 PL teams.

It's pretty commonplace. 

WHOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHH.

It's a prem rule he can't play. Nothing to do with Palace or contracts.

I was taking the piss.

Edited by sylofox

8 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Just heard his pre-match comments about “how challenging an away match is in the PL.”

No wonder his teams travel so poorly, his mentality to away games is honking.

Look to unsettle the home crowd, all home support is fickle and quickly get on players backs yet we set up to be so passive.

To be fair to him, what he actually said was:

“An away game comes with challenges and we want to be a team that thrives in those moments.”

I don’t think there’s too much wrong with this comment in itself. The problem is, Cooper’s track record in the PL at getting his teams to ‘thrive’ away from home is appalling. Hopefully today will be the day that he proves that he’s learnt something from his time at Forest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m surprised Palace haven’t picked up more points. I expect we’ll lose today, but stranger things have happened…

But please please please do not start with 3 defensive midfielders. 

Do you want him to start with 4 then? 😆 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

To be fair to him, what he actually said was:

“An away game comes with challenges and we want to be a team that thrives in those moments.”

I don’t think there’s too much wrong with this comment in itself. The problem is, Cooper’s track record in the PL at getting his teams to ‘thrive’ away from home is appalling. Hopefully today will be the day that he proves that he’s learnt something from his time at Forest.

Apologies, I had it on at the gym and remember fuming about how timid he sounded, so might have not heard it correctly.

I think his “honesty” that some seem to love in his comments rile me up more than anything.

I can’t find many positives from the start of his Leicester career.

He talks as the team play, extremely passive.

• Like 1