Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

'Dynamic Pricing'

Seen it with Oasis, now football clubs getting on to it. 

Valencia using it as a way to charge more for fans just because they might buy a ticket later than someone else? 

How long before our club see it as another way to fleece fans, loyal ones at that? 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Seen it with Oasis, now football clubs getting on to it. 

Valencia using it as a way to charge more for fans just because they might buy a ticket later than someone else? 

How long before our club see it as another way to fleece fans, loyal ones at that? 

The pricing is so dynamic they always set a minimum price that is already expensive. 

Our club will love this if it takes off.

£45 a game until the dynamism kicks in.

The likes of Ryanair and Easyjet have been doing this sort of thing for years. As more and more seats get filled the prices start to increase. Also a flight from Faro to EMEA could be say £99 yet on the same day the reverse flight could be up to £250.  They obviously must move the airports further away on that journey. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oldblueyes said:

The likes of Ryanair and Easyjet have been doing this sort of thing for years. As more and more seats get filled the prices start to increase. Also a flight from Faro to EMEA could be say £99 yet on the same day the reverse flight could be up to £250.  They obviously must move the airports further away on that journey. 

Fundamental difference between football and holidays, though. 

Just now, JimJams said:

A fair type of dynamic pricing is you charge people on the way out and they pay a sum dependent on the entertainment served up....

:ph34r:

£25 quid per minute that they've left early :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Hopefully dynamic pricing gets binned soon. Talk about it in Government now I think they'll act on it. 

Doubtful, they will pay it some lip service but nothing will come of it, same was said about ticket touts 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

I don’t have too much of an issue with the airlines doing it, as the starting price is usually so low. I’ve flown many times for twenty five/thirty quid. 

Different story when the starting price is already stupidly high 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Nothing would surprise me.

I think my season ticket is reasonable, but the individual match tickets prices are already horrendous.

I did the maths and I could get about 10 games of my local non league for the cost of ticket+travel+membership of 1 City game this year. 

Or 4 games of my local League One side. 

• Like 4