Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

'Dynamic Pricing'

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Didn't we have a package of 3 for £100?

Villa get four games and 10k more in the ground.

£135 I paid for the 3 game package. £50 for Sevilla and £65 for Atletico. in 2016/17.... Mad pricing but they know you're not going to miss out

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Knighton1976 said:

Oh well, I'm sure that'll finish the club.

Not sure he's intending to finish the club lol

Just going to stop being a sucker being willingly milked by an organisation that sees him as income.

• Like 2

Not exactly dynamic pricing, but the cost of merchandise from the club is horrendous. A shirt £70. You can buy the same online if you search for about £25.

It's a case of supply and demand.

Bet they sell loads of shirts at the end of the season when there priced at about £30. They're still making a decent profit on them.

I don't give them my money apart from for my ST.

10 hours ago, demon_dog said:

Not exactly dynamic pricing, but the cost of merchandise from the club is horrendous. A shirt £70. You can buy the same online if you search for about £25.

It's a case of supply and demand.

Bet they sell loads of shirts at the end of the season when there priced at about £30. They're still making a decent profit on them.

I don't give them my money apart from for my ST.

I got myself two shirts for £23 on DHGate :D

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I can’t think of about 8 clubs that id have thought would have been before us

Assuming you meant can but regardless, Leicester are a club who treat their fans horrendously whilst pricing tickets memberships etc like we are a top 5 club. If dynamic pricing came into play, we would be one of the first for sure

• Haha 1

On 04/09/2024 at 16:54, filbertway said:

Got a mate who's been a Villa season ticket holder for years and is jacking it in after this year due to the awful treatment of fans by the club.

Every chance he’ll still be going next season. People claimed they ending their support of our club over numerous things and yet …..

Dynamic pricing totally feels manipulative and not surprised this has now become a talking point. I've found in the past tickets available to purchase closer to events without the stress/excitement of the queuing system at release. They're basically doing what touts had done to them for a long time.

18 hours ago, Trekerz said:

If there was one club i had to put all of my money on to introduce this first, it would 10000% be us

We have the third cheapest season ticket in the league despite a considerable waiting list? 

I know everyone loves a shit on our owners and lets not kid ourselves, they're obviously billionaire capitalist that want to make money, but that's true of every owner in the league and most are worse than ours. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We have the third cheapest season ticket in the league despite a considerable waiting list? 

I know everyone loves a shit on our owners and lets not kid ourselves, they're obviously billionaire capitalist that want to make money, but that's true of every owner in the league and most are worse than ours. 

Give it a few years and watch them ST prices compared to others if we stay in the league. Only reason for them being towards the lowest atm is what Vichai set. They will gradually increase year on year till we are similar in price to the top 6 

5 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Give it a few years and watch them ST prices compared to others if we stay in the league. Only reason for them being towards the lowest atm is what Vichai set. They will gradually increase year on year till we are similar in price to the top 6 

... Based on what? 

1 minute ago, Trekerz said:

Based on all of the other shit the owners have done to the fans since Vichai died? 

Like what? 

And again, I mean compared to every other Premier League club? 

To iterate, I'm not suggesting for one second that our owners are perfect or that I like the ownership model and the pricing structure of our or any Premier League club. 

I hate the money and greed in football, it's completely taking over. 

But I just think people singling out our owners as if they're specifically, uniquely bad OR wishing for them to sell up so we could have different owners are probably being a bit naive. 

We're not getting a 51% ownership model, we aren't getting greater fan power, we aren't getting Dale Vince rocking up looking after the common man and the planet whilst still keeping the club upwardly mobile. 

There's fans at basically every Premier League club that will be upset that the club aren't fan orientated in their thinking, are constantly rising prices, that shirts cost too much, that fans are ignored, that the match day experience is prohibitively expensive, etc. 

That's modern football. I'm not saying you have to accept it, you could organise, mobilise, boycott, march, protest and you'd be right to do so. But the problem is the entire commercial infrastructure of professional football, not just LCFC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is currently being proposed at Valencia & Celta Vigo is, unfortunately, the future. Both clubs being used as guinea pigs for "Dynamic" pricing which effectively means far higher prices for the premium games like Real & Barcelona. This will soon transfer to the premier league (& possibly others) so the high days & holidays brigade can pay extortionate prices to see games involving the "Big" clubs.