Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

'Dynamic Pricing'

I'm seriously tempted to just start watching my local non-league side. Standing, able to have a beer while watching the game, and not going to get fleeced for the price of a ticket.

A mass drop-off in attendance would make a huge difference as it would affect 'the product' all club owners are so keen to exploit. It's the only way.

• Like 1

It's also worth remembering that Fortuna Dusseldorf are making 4 home games free for all this season, with the eventual aim of making all home games free of charge, offsetting the drop in revenue by acquiring more long-term sponsors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldblueyes said:

The likes of Ryanair and Easyjet have been doing this sort of thing for years. As more and more seats get filled the prices start to increase. Also a flight from Faro to EMEA could be say £99 yet on the same day the reverse flight could be up to £250.  They obviously must move the airports further away on that journey. 

This is one of the most basic posts I've seen on this forum

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

We need to take a leaf out of the Bundesliga fans' book if they try this here.

As in, marches in the streets and fall scale boycotts.

Vote with your feet and your wallet.

Wouldn't it be magical (should this be introduced) on a day when City are playing at home, teams like Shepshed, Oadby and Anstey Nomads getting crowds of a couple of thousand, while the KP is empty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

This is one of the most basic posts I've seen on this forum

I'd have thought it was a reasonable comparison to make.

The problem for clubs is the emotional investment of supporters, we don't complain about the price of jeans in John Lewis but every decision a football club makes is under scrutiny from supporters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxes1 said:

Basically dynamic pricing is legalised touting 

There is a certain sense in it (clearly it's almost entirely about milking the event) if tickets are priced at the maximum level people are prepared to pay, touts are less likely to get involved.

47 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I did the maths and I could get about 10 games of my local non league for the cost of ticket+travel+membership of 1 City game this year. 

Or 4 games of my local League One side. 

Same here!

I’ve already lost interest in going this season, I popped my ticket on the official exchange on Saturday and went non-league instead.

Only downside is that’s 4 of my 5 official allowances to sell officially gone already!

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can we go back to the days where you had to queue up physically with other people, paid the same price as the person who'd be sitting next to you, and get a physical ticket you can keep as a souvenir?

Dynamic pricing is absolutely disgraceful.

The days when my dad went to Filbert Street in his lunch break at the Poly to buy tickets but couldn't open the door to the ticket office, only to be assisted by Jock Wallace who appeared from nowhere.

Football is pushing beyond the limits of what many people will reasonably tolerate.

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We need to take a leaf out of the Bundesliga fans' book if they try this here.

As in, marches in the streets and fall scale boycotts.

Agree. But unfortunately won’t ever happen. 

Clubs don’t care who is coming through the gate, and there will always be someone that will pay in this day and age. Usually tourists. 

Its been going on for years in other areas, perhaps without you generally noticing but as with everything, it goes too far once and everyone jumps on it and it will get changed. 

Same goes for hotels in big cities when events are on, holidays during the school holidays etc 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can we go back to the days where you had to queue up physically with other people, paid the same price as the person who'd be sitting next to you, and get a physical ticket you can keep as a souvenir?

Dynamic pricing is absolutely disgraceful.

Roman times?