Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

'Dynamic Pricing'

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Dynamic pricing already exists in a different name with higher prices for "bigger tiered/categorised" games. 

That's not the same. 

Prices are already known at the time of release of whatever category the event is placed in. Dynamic pricing goes a step further in that the price could change at any given time, and more likely to be extremely expensive the closer the event gets, even though you're watching the same thing from possibly the same viewpoint... 

• Like 1

I can tell you exactly where this would  lead as well… when fans in our country refuse to pay the obscene money and it leads to empty seats, the clubs push for the games to be moved somewhere with more demand. 

We then get games moved around the globe because the us or saudi fans will be more than happy to pay £200 a ticket (pretty standard for american sports) 

19 hours ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

Same here!

I’ve already lost interest in going this season, I popped my ticket on the official exchange on Saturday and went non-league instead.

Only downside is that’s 4 of my 5 official allowances to sell officially gone already!

Tout!

10 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Tout!

My post read wrong, it should say that I can only sell on my ST 4 more times via LCFC official exchange.

Certainly not a tout, just using LCFC ticket site to hand it back to the club so they re-sell.

I regret buying my season ticket, had it since 1998, and it will be the last season.

36 minutes ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

My post read wrong, it should say that I can only sell on my ST 4 more times via LCFC official exchange.

Certainly not a tout, just using LCFC ticket site to hand it back to the club so they re-sell.

I regret buying my season ticket, had it since 1998, and it will be the last season.

I got it. My comment was a feeble attempt at humour.

Though when you don't renew your season ticket, you'll really need to rethink your FT username.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Surprise! It just cost you £1200 to read this reply. I know you weren’t expecting to pay me £1200 (or any pounds come to that) when you received the notification, but this post has got remarkably popular and been viewed many times thereby increasing its value. You really should’ve read this post last year if you’d wanted to do it for free - or read some really bad posts for nothing like the ones @Raj writes.

Please send the payment to [email protected] by teatime or I’ll send the boys round.

Don’t blame me - that’s @Jon the Hat’s free market for you.

Just to let you know @UniFox21, should you wish to read some posts for free from @Daggers there are many, many, many* examples that might even give you a refund.

*I feel I might not have used enough manys.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just to let you know @UniFox21, should you wish to read some posts for free from @Daggers there are many, many, many* examples that might even give you a refund.

You will now be hearing from my extensive and exceptional legal team.

*my retriever. 

*when she learns to type in English. 

• Haha 1

On 02/09/2024 at 19:46, sharpylcfc said:

Absolutely horrendous if this is brought in. I don't agree with it at all. Absolutely disgrace that it was done with the Oasis tickets too.

Daylight Robbery mate was on phone for over 10hrs for 2 £125 tickets only to get same tickets for over £400 absolutely taking the pi55 !!

6 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

However, you will have to sign up to the @Daggers content* plan  (free for 3 posts then just $25 per month). This will give you access to all of his boring posts about dogs, motor bikes and music. You will have to supply a few personal detials that you cant be assured will be safe.

If however if you want want access to his witty, clever and insightful comments you will need to join the exclusive premium plan at $100 pm.

*note; all plans come with adverts for the benefits of living in Kettering

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

You will now be hearing from my extensive and exceptional legal team.

*my retriever. 

*when she learns to type in English. 

I think I've used this firm before.

Fenton, Rex and Fido?

I worked as a revenue manager for an airline, dynamic pricing is applying the same method to one-off events.  The tried and tested "it is supply and demand" (a capitalist wet dream) will be trotted out every time.  

It is only a matter of time before more extreme forms of revenue-grabbing will be employed by the big six, and then the others will try to follow suit. 

On 02/09/2024 at 20:02, JimJams said:

A fair type of dynamic pricing is you charge people on the way out and they pay a sum dependent on the entertainment served up....

:ph34r:

Do the people that leave on 85 minutes get it cheaper?

• Haha 2

The problem we have, whether it be Oasis or football etc, is that there will always be someone, somewhere, willing to pay obscene prices. 

I've said for years, the big (and soon all) premier league clubs, could not care less about the average fan from the local area. Even season ticket holders, they don't care less as they don't make enough money out of you. 

The big clubs would rather fill their stadiums with 'fans' from abroad who don't care what the cost is for a ticket and will also buy merch in the shop and food and drink in the stadium. 

For example, 1 season ticket holder could but a season ticket for £500, and that's them done for a year. They don't buy food or drink on match day and.dont buy merch in the shop.

'Fan' from China etc would pay £100+ for a match ticket, buy food and drink in the ground plus bags of nonce tackle out of the shop.

That one 'fan' could spend nearly as much in one game as a season ticket holder has for a season.

I know my example are extreme and I know some season ticket holders obviously do spend more money at the club than just their ticket, but the bottom line is, football is greedy, be it clubs, owners, media etc, they all want to get as much money as possible out of the fans and even when some people say, enough is enough, I'm not paying that anymore, someone else will always come along and pay it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

The problem we have, whether it be Oasis or football etc, is that there will always be someone, somewhere, willing to pay obscene prices. 

I've said for years, the big (and soon all) premier league clubs, could not care less about the average fan from the local area. Even season ticket holders, they don't care less as they don't make enough money out of you. 

The big clubs would rather fill their stadiums with 'fans' from abroad who don't care what the cost is for a ticket and will also buy merch in the shop and food and drink in the stadium. 

For example, 1 season ticket holder could but a season ticket for £500, and that's them done for a year. They don't buy food or drink on match day and.dont buy merch in the shop.

'Fan' from China etc would pay £100+ for a match ticket, buy food and drink in the ground plus bags of nonce tackle out of the shop.

That one 'fan' could spend nearly as much in one game as a season ticket holder has for a season.

I know my example are extreme and I know some season ticket holders obviously do spend more money at the club than just their ticket, but the bottom line is, football is greedy, be it clubs, owners, media etc, they all want to get as much money as possible out of the fans and even when some people say, enough is enough, I'm not paying that anymore, someone else will always come along and pay it. 

I don't disagree with you but to do away with season tickets for clubs like ours would be suicide surely. 

Ok man city and arsenal could possibly fill their ground with tourists but how are we (and clubs like wolves, Southampton, Ipswich, forest etc etc) going to attract 30,000 non leicester based tourists every other week? 

I agree clubs want more money and are greedy but can't see that model working for them apart from the big 6

9 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

I don't disagree with you but to do away with season tickets for clubs like ours would be suicide surely. 

Ok man city and arsenal could possibly fill their ground with tourists but how are we (and clubs like wolves, Southampton, Ipswich, forest etc etc) going to attract 30,000 non leicester based tourists every other week? 

I agree clubs want more money and are greedy but can't see that model working for them apart from the big 6

No you're right, I'm just giving an extreme example of the greed in football and in the entertainment industry as a whole. 

I won't pay for sky, as it's too expensive. Sky don't care as they have millions of subscribers. If everyone boycotted sky, or oasis tickets, or premier league matches, only then would they have to bring prices down to a sensible level, but it won't ever happen as there are always people willing to pay and willing to be ripped off. 

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

No you're right, I'm just giving an extreme example of the greed in football and in the entertainment industry as a whole. 

I won't pay for sky, as it's too expensive. Sky don't care as they have millions of subscribers. If everyone boycotted sky, or oasis tickets, or premier league matches, only then would they have to bring prices down to a sensible level, but it won't ever happen as there are always people willing to pay and willing to be ripped off. 

Agree.....the only way a boycott works is if everyone.....and I mean EVERYONE does it.  A handful here and there are, as you say, just replaced by others.  

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Villa charging their season ticket holders £70 for each champions league game 

Didn't we have a package of 3 for £100?

Villa get four games and 10k more in the ground.