Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

'Dynamic Pricing'

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Like what? 

And again, I mean compared to every other Premier League club? 

To iterate, I'm not suggesting for one second that our owners are perfect or that I like the ownership model and the pricing structure of our or any Premier League club. 

I hate the money and greed in football, it's completely taking over. 

But I just think people singling out our owners as if they're specifically, uniquely bad OR wishing for them to sell up so we could have different owners are probably being a bit naive. 

We're not getting a 51% ownership model, we aren't getting greater fan power, we aren't getting Dale Vince rocking up looking after the common man and the planet whilst still keeping the club upwardly mobile. 

There's fans at basically every Premier League club that will be upset that the club aren't fan orientated in their thinking, are constantly rising prices, that shirts cost too much, that fans are ignored, that the match day experience is prohibitively expensive, etc. 

That's modern football. I'm not saying you have to accept it, you could organise, mobilise, boycott, march, protest and you'd be right to do so. But the problem is the entire commercial infrastructure of professional football, not just LCFC. 

100% it happens at every club, that doesn’t mean we should accept it at ours? That’s the reason as you say every club is in this situation. The difference between us and them though is the on the pitch decisions they have made that have affected us.

We were challenging for Europe and winning an FA cup with the foundations Vichai set but Top has taken over and is clearly running it into the ground and he’s holding rudkins hand whilst he does it. He gets a free pass from a lot of fans because of what his father did but in reality, if he was a new owner who came in after Vichai, he’d be labelled a catastrophical fail

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

100% it happens at every club, that doesn’t mean we should accept it at ours? That’s the reason as you say every club is in this situation. The difference between us and them though is the on the pitch decisions they have made that have affected us.

We were challenging for Europe and winning an FA cup with the foundations Vichai set but Top has taken over and is clearly running it into the ground and he’s holding rudkins hand whilst he does it. He gets a free pass from a lot of fans because of what his father did but in reality, if he was a new owner who came in after Vichai, he’d be labelled a catastrophical fail

Yes. 

But to circle back around to the start of this conversation, you implied that our owners are the most likely to implement dynamic pricing. 

I'm just disagreeing and I don't think there's any evidence to validate your point other than just general pessimism and low morale at the current state of the club. 

Our owners don't do anything every other Prem club does but lots of other Prem clubs do do things worse than ours. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

:(

Screenshot_20240906_125633_WhatsApp.jpg

Early bird prices and increases for POTD have been common in the lower leagues for years, probably decades, now. Can remember as a teenager when we were going to random matches spending £5-10 more for POTD prices. I am sure city used to do early bird prices for STs.

There is nothing wrong with dynamic pricing in itself. Anyone who has bought an airline ticket or a space in an airline carpark  will have experience of dynamic pricing.  The price changes periodically  from when it is first offered on sale. There is dynamic pricing with football tickets in banding of games - or if you take advantage of 'Happy Hour' in your local.

There is a problem with changing in pricing whilst a customer is trying to buy a ticket and finding the price has changed whilst they have been logged onto website. At the moment a customer enters a company website trying to buy a ticket for an event, that should be the price at checkout. In other words, prices should be clear at outset and should not be changed once a person is trying to buy a ticket.

(Just to relate to Oasis tickets - pricing could change for new customers whilst on sale, but not whilst someone is in a queue.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, oxford blue said:

There is nothing wrong with dynamic pricing in itself. Anyone who has bought an airline ticket or a space in an airline carpark  will have experience of dynamic pricing.  The price changes periodically  from when it is first offered on sale. There is dynamic pricing with football tickets in banding of games - or if you take advantage of 'Happy Hour' in your local.

There is a problem with changing in pricing whilst a customer is trying to buy a ticket and finding the price has changed whilst they have been logged onto website. At the moment a customer enters a company website trying to buy a ticket for an event, that should be the price at checkout. In other words, prices should be clear at outset and should not be changed once a person is trying to buy a ticket.

(Just to relate to Oasis tickets - pricing could change for new customers whilst on sale, but not whilst someone is in a queue.

I think if you know up front that the first 10k tickets are 175 and the second 10k are 225 etc. then at least you are prepared and can set yourself a maximum, rather than being ambushed after 3 hours of waiting by a double the price.

8 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Happy hour isn't dynamic pricing, **** me.

8 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Hit the nail on the head 

On 02/09/2024 at 19:59, Ashley said:

Hopefully dynamic pricing gets binned soon. Talk about it in Government now I think they'll act on it. 

Let's be honest it's not even worthy of a Commons debate. The only people in favour of it would be doing it with a grin on their faces only normally reserved for pumpkins at Halloween.

"Mr Speaker, I'd like to talk about dynamic pricing. It's sh!te and it should be banned. All in favour say aye"

Debate over.

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Quick question... are we all good with corporate theft dynamic pricing when it comes to everything?

Pop in to Tesco, last loaf of bread on the shelf.... now costs 9 quid... seems fair.

Don’t know what you’re expecting back here given no-one appears to be happy with Valencia’s ‘dynamic pricing’ on this thread 

• Haha 1

Originally dynamic pricing was airlines reducing the price as the date of a flight got nearer to try to fill the plane.  The unintended consequence of this was that people waited for a ‘last minute bargain’ so airlines didn’t know how much revenue they were going to get until very late.  If there is one thing businesses hate it’s uncertainty.

Now the cheapest flight tickets are almost always on the day they are released and are increased according to the level of demand.  The best (worst) example of this I have seen was the day the UCL fixtures were announced with hundreds of us frantically refreshing the RyanAir website before the announcement and the prices going up just because we were looking.

41 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Originally dynamic pricing was airlines reducing the price as the date of a flight got nearer to try to fill the plane.  The unintended consequence of this was that people waited for a ‘last minute bargain’ so airlines didn’t know how much revenue they were going to get until very late.  If there is one thing businesses hate it’s uncertainty.

Now the cheapest flight tickets are almost always on the day they are released and are increased according to the level of demand.  The best (worst) example of this I have seen was the day the UCL fixtures were announced with hundreds of us frantically refreshing the RyanAir website before the announcement and the prices going up just because we were looking.

There should be some kind of law that requires a company to set a publicly advertised ceiling price that is higher than the release day price that essentially says, "this is what you could pay if you don't buy early."

Football is nothing with the fans. However, as long as stadiums are full, in the eyes of the business, the pricing is correct. 

Dynamic pricing has been used for other industries for years, airlines, hotels, Amazon, Uber, Petrol forecourts etc

It is basically supply vs demand modelling and more industries will implement it. 

If people want to see something, they’ll burn money to watch it. Just because I don’t perceive something to be worth £400, doesn’t mean someone else will and pay it.