Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claudio Fannieri

Prostate United Challenge

I'm taking on Prostate United again this October, where I will complete a 5km run each and every day of the month to raise much needed funds and awareness for Prostate Cancer UK which is an amazing cause. I will be running for team LCFC and would appreciate any messages of support, donations and any sharing of my challenge on social media from the Foxes Family. 

if there is anyone who has links to the club, could you please try and raise awareness so they can share on social media to show support and hopefully reach a wider audience. 

Link to my just giving page below, and once i start the challenge i will post updates of my progress. 

https://prostateunited.prostatecanceruk.org/fundraising/steve-aquilina-prostate-united-challenge

• Like 3

1 in 8 men will get prostate cancer. If you're over 50, or you're black, or your dad or brother had it, you're at even higher risk.

• Like 4

Just as an update I have emailed the club via the Help and press email addresses asking if they would support me by promoting the challenge I am undertaking to help raise awareness amongst the clubs fans. Email sent on Monday evening so hoping to receive some positive feedback/response in coming days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Just as an update I have emailed the club via the Help and press email addresses asking if they would support me by promoting the challenge I am undertaking to help raise awareness amongst the clubs fans. Email sent on Monday evening so hoping to receive some positive feedback/response in coming days. 

Hopefully they can put a link in next home game program or do a bit on you for the clubs new app, I’ll copy and paste to Twitter see if can get more sponsorship shares and Donated 👍

Edited by justfoxes

17 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Hopefully they can put a link in next home game program or do a bit on you for the clubs new app, I’ll copy and paste to Twitter see if can get more sponsorship shares and Donated 👍

Thank you so much for the donation and sharing on social media. Your message gives extra motivation to complete the challenge and raise as much money & awareness as possible. 

• Thanks 1

Happy weekend everyone in a little over 2 weeks time I wlll be undertaking the Prostate Cancer UK Prostate United challenge where I will run 5km each and every day of October to raise much needed funds and awareness for this wonderful cause. 

I will be running as part of team LCFC currently I am the one & only 😂 

Please see the link to my just giving page, and please read my reasons for undertaking this challenge, appreciate any donations, messages of support and shares/retweets

Thank you 

#prostatecancer #fundraising #prostateunited

https://click.contact.justgiving.com/?qs=10d546401b0fa1e1e8cb1b8cd89109ecc0aaf6d0a8bcad157bbbeeacb5db9f782045de24ba32529ce21cdd3ece4449845c6d71c439755bd4 

• Like 2

Ahh FT I have a prostate story for you.

Went to the doctors for two reasons, father in law got prostate cancer so all the men in family went to get a check up, I also had piles, so I wanted some cream or something for that.

However upon meeting the doc I said about father in-law and doc said, "youre under 40 so we don't do prostate exams,  OK see you later"

Now I hadn't asked about the piles but it occurred to me if I asked him now it would seem like I'm just after showing him my arsehole.

So 3 years later I still have piles.

30 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

As a regular 3am pisser in his 50s, I've sponsored this endeavour.  :P

Good on ya, @Claudio Fannieri  that's great work. 

Have you had a PSA test?

I'm 54 and got around to having one about 12 months ago. A regular middle of the night pisser, and my dad had had prostate cancer in his 60s.

Now I am prostate-less! And off for another PSA test in an hour or so, just to monitor it remains low 🤞🏼

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

As a regular 3am pisser in his 50s, I've sponsored this endeavour.  :P

Good on ya, @Claudio Fannieri  that's great work. 

Thanks so much for the generous donation, it’s very much appreciated. 

love coming on to this thread and seeing people talk openly about this subject 🖤🩵

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Have you had a PSA test?

I'm 54 and got around to having one about 12 months ago. A regular middle of the night pisser, and my dad had had prostate cancer in his 60s.

Now I am prostate-less! And off for another PSA test in an hour or so, just to monitor it remains low 🤞🏼

Am keeping my fingers crossed for you that it remains low

• Thanks 1