Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Local News

10 hours ago, David Hankey said:

As details of this horrific crime emerge there can be no defence of the mindless hoodlums.

Are you implying some here are attempting to defend them

Or are you getting your stage ready for further narrow-minded posts?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

The 14 year old lad will be charged in the next hour or so. Be interesting to see what the charges will be. My inkling is it won't be murder. 

Police will always go to the CPS with the highest possible charge, in this case, murder, particularly if there's evidence that Mr Kholi was a victim on a previous occasion by the same individual(s), which might suggest premeditation.

However: "Where an unlawful killing is done without an intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm, the suspect is to be charged with manslaughter not murder. Apart from the absence of the requisite intent, all other elements of the offence are the same as for murder".

The "requisite intent" means the prosecution would need to prove intent to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm.

Like all of us on here, I'm no expert but sadly, I think a a single punch or a push to the ground resulting in a head injury that caused death would be a manslaughter charge. 

There is a precedent: From the CPS website:

Darren John Fell, 41, was convicted of manslaughter and was today sentenced to nine years in prison after striking Wayne Sheppard.

Shortly before 10pm on 2 July 2022, Fell encountered Mr Sheppard, 44, outside flats on New Park Street, Devizes, and the two men exchanged a few words.

Witnesses stated Mr Sheppard showed no aggression towards Fell before the defendant suddenly punched the victim to the jaw.

As Mr Sheppard collapsed, he hit his head on the concrete floor and suffered a catastrophic brain injury.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

FFS. Really?

You really are a parody of a proper thinking human being.

Given the reaction from him, I'm not sure he has understood your post. 

I'm seriously considering breaking my not ignoring anyone on here rule for him, the ignorance of his posts is honestly staggering. Sad, but staggering. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Otis said:

Just been charged with murder. 

As expected. However a charge is not the same as a conviction.

As I mentioned earlier, the police will always go to the CPS with the highest possible charge. What happens after that goes to court where the conviction may not be the same as the charge.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Is anywhere?

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Bradgate Park / Swithland area etc..:whistle:

Y'see, in @David Hankey world, every street in every council/housing association area or any area that isn't privately owned is full of scurrilous rascals, scoundrels, rogues, and robbers, as well as highwaymen, thugs, miscreants and ne're do-wells and "types", intent on causing mischief and devilment that will, at all costs, do harm to the local gentry and the well heeled, moneyed, law abiders that cannot countenance any misbehaviour by people of lower classes that have a need to have recourse to such crudeness as to harass those such as he, by behaving in a manner likely to cause discomfort and/or prevent him leaving his property for fear of being made a mockery.

In Mr Hankey's world, these types should be put in stocks and have rotten tomatoes and various other soft vegetables thrown at them. Maybe excrement too, if they come from a really lower class of hooligan.

Edit. This post is not intended in any way to make light of the tragedy in our town. More to make a point regarding previous posts that have been submitted by this individual. 

A point he will either ignore or not understand. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Parafox said:

Y'see, in @David Hankey world, every street in every council/housing association area or any area that isn't privately owned is full of scurrilous rascals, scoundrels, rogues, and robbers, as well as highwaymen, thugs, miscreants and ne're do-wells and "types", intent on causing mischief and devilment that will, at all costs, do harm to the local gentry and the well heeled, moneyed, law abiders that cannot countenance any misbehaviour by people of lower classes that have a need to have recourse to such crudeness as to harass those such as he, by behaving in a manner likely to cause discomfort and/or prevent him leaving his property for fear of being made a mockery.

In Mr Hankey's world, these types should be put in stocks and have rotten tomatoes and various other soft vegetables thrown at them. Maybe excrement too, if they come from a really lower class of hooligan.

Edit. This post is not intended in any way to make light of the tragedy in our town. More to make a point regarding previous posts that have been submitted by this individual. 

Carry on villifying just because you think you are right.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

A question for anybody with legal knowledge: if the police regarded this crime as racially-motivated, would that be apparent in the charge? In other words, is there a crime of 'racially-aggravated murder' as opposed to plain 'murder'?

No, there's no separate charge. Murder is always just 'Contrary to common law'. Any racial aspect could be considered and aggravating factor when it comes to sentencing.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

No, there's no separate charge. Murder is always just 'Contrary to common law'. Any racial aspect could be considered and aggravating factor when it comes to sentencing.

Like the Brihanna case, where her being trans was a factor in the murder but wasn’t a transphobic aggravated murder

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Parafox said:

You forgot guttersnipes, freebooters, rapscallions and oiks. 

• Haha 1

On 03/09/2024 at 15:02, davieG said:

As I was always taught

1 boy = 1boy

2 boys = 1/2 boy

3 boys = No boy at all = all sense and natural behaviour vanishes.

This is what I was taught as well. 

23 hours ago, Sly said:

This is what I was taught as well. 

Its only true to a point though, I had a lovely group of mates whose worst poor behaviour would have been a bit of littering.  Yes you are sillier or less restrained, but it depends on your start point imo.

The only thing you can say with any certainty is that at any point in history there were lots of people saying that point was exponentially worse than a point a few years prior.

Lots of data in this, for those that like that kind of thing, proving the picture as far as knife crime is concerned is pretty complex:

https://youthendowmentfund.org.uk/is-knife-crime-at-record-highs/#:~:text=Based on this measure%2C knife,higher than in 2012%2F13.

While staying broadly on topic, we were talking about that horrible case at work the other day and the whole 'the world has gone to absolute shit and all people are evil' thing came out so I had a quick look to see what the murder stats were in the UK, just to get an idea of how common this sort of thing is.

Now I know how many murders there are in the UK, I've been asking folk what they think the number is. Interestingly, the closest guess was still double the actual figure, with most people overestimating it by between about 10 to 20 times

Edited by Bellend Sebastian
  • Like 1