Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Charged by the FA for "failing to ensure their players did not behave in an improper way"

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-charged-appeal-timeline-9527576

Leicester City charged as appeal timeline confirmed

Leicester City have been charged by the Football Association for their players’ conduct during the 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa. The FA allege City “failed to ensure its players did not behave in an improper way” during their appeals for a penalty in added time.

In the 93rd minute, Jamie Vardy looked to latch onto Harry Winks’ chipped free-kick, but Youri Tielemans stretched to clear, bringing Vardy down in the process. Tielemans made clear contact with the ball, but went through the back of Vardy at the same time.

City players surrounded referee David Coote to argue their case, but the official was unmoved. For his protests, Winks was booked. Now, they’ve been charged over their players’ conduct and have until Thursday, September 5 to give a response.

By added time, City frustrations had mounted. The decision to award a free-kick against Oli Skipp for a tackle on Ollie Watkins, and then led to Villa’s opening goal, caused ire, as did a second-half incident where Vardy put the ball in the net after the whistle had blown, with Coote calling play back because the ball had flicked off his heel during the build-up.

If City do not appeal and the charge is upheld, a fine is the likely punishment. The severity of the fine depends on the severity of the incident, but Manchester City were £120,000 back in December for admitting the same offence.

Edited by moore_94

Just now, AKCJ said:

At the time I thought that this was given as offside against Vardy but on the BSLB podcast they said it was given as a throw in to Villa? Is this right?

I've not seen it back yet.

That's what the argument was; it's either a pen or a throw-in to us... how on earth they can come up with a throw-in to Villa, god only knows. 

• Like 4

Just now, Babylon said:

That's what the argument was; it's either a pen or a throw-in to us... how on earth they can come up with a throw-in to Villa, god only knows. 

I swear the referee did give it though. Proper weird one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The ball can be won by the defender and then ricochet off the attacking player for a defensive thrown-in. No idea if that's what happened here as I haven't seen a conclusive replay, but the argument you mention is a fallacious one. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I swear the referee did give it though. Proper weird one.

I think there are two separate incidents.

The Vardy/Tielemens one on the edge of the box - on field decision was no penalty

Few minutes later Vardy brought down in the box, ref pointed to the spot but the flag was up for offside

17 minutes ago, dfs said:

The ball can be won by the defender and then ricochet off the attacking player for a defensive thrown-in. No idea if that's what happened here as I haven't seen a conclusive replay, but the argument you mention is a fallacious one. 

Isn't that something to do with willies?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-charged-appeal-timeline-9527576

Leicester City charged as appeal timeline confirmed

Leicester City have been charged by the Football Association for their players’ conduct during the 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa. The FA allege City “failed to ensure its players did not behave in an improper way” during their appeals for a penalty in added time.

In the 93rd minute, Jamie Vardy looked to latch onto Harry Winks’ chipped free-kick, but Youri Tielemans stretched to clear, bringing Vardy down in the process. Tielemans made clear contact with the ball, but went through the back of Vardy at the same time.

City players surrounded referee David Coote to argue their case, but the official was unmoved. For his protests, Winks was booked. Now, they’ve been charged over their players’ conduct and have until Thursday, September 5 to give a response.

By added time, City frustrations had mounted. The decision to award a free-kick against Oli Skipp for a tackle on Ollie Watkins, and then led to Villa’s opening goal, caused ire, as did a second-half incident where Vardy put the ball in the net after the whistle had blown, with Coote calling play back because the ball had flicked off his heel during the build-up.

If City do not appeal and the charge is upheld, a fine is the likely punishment. The severity of the fine depends on the severity of the incident, but Manchester City were £120,000 back in December for admitting the same offence.

If Winks was carded for moaning then surely it was dealt with on the field. 

It was hardly the worst behaviours from players after contentious decisions, they had a moan at the ref, one got carded then it went on. There wasn't even much moaning after full-time.

25 minutes ago, dfs said:

That didn't happen. Tielemans got the ball and kicked it out. It didn't hit Vardy. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That didn't happen. Tielemans got the ball and kicked it out. It didn't hit Vardy. 

Fair enough, I said I didn't know if that had happened or not. Just find the argument that people always seem to make ('either a Leicester throw or a pen') a bit annoying as it is clearly not true.

• Like 1

how annoying for the club to have to fork out £100k+ for effectively disputing a throw in.  the penalty - there is no point crying that much for a pen because the VAR will intervene if its that bad a call not to give it. 

i get that the players are totally pissed off by then because they feel like they've been sawn off several times already.  at this time i'll give cooper rope on the basis that he's trying to build a siege mentality.    but i'm not convinced that he isn't just a moaner and i cant see where that actually gets us. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Tielemans did play both man and ball . Anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul for a reckless challenge.