Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Charged by the FA for "failing to ensure their players did not behave in an improper way"

How about the FA sending us a ref who is up to speed with the new thresholds of allowed physicality? One that can not come out of the game having more touches of the ball than Vardy? One that communicates his decisions clearly with confidence and not arrogance? Don't give me "He got most of the big decisions right", he ripped the flow right out of the game and just couldn't handle the tempo combined with the new allowance of physicality thresholds. Correctly sent our free kicks and throws back to the correct positions whilst ignoring Villa players stealing ten yards every time. Allowed them to have a running dialogue with him and complains when we try.

I noticed throughout the game Villa had multiple players around the ref, I thought it was the case in the last couple of years that only the player directly involved in an incident and the captain were allowed to approach the ref. Has this changed or is it based on a club badge basis?

• Like 2

It would help if the refereeing standard wasn’t so embarrassingly bad. We’ve even got instant video replays and still are unable to go an entire 90 minutes without making an incorrect call. It’s all well and good dishing out fines, but sort out the incompetence of the referees in this league first. 

• Like 2

Seems a bit harsh as the situation was dumb. It was obviously a throw in to us, but linesman did not help the cause at all waving it to Villa and therefore indicating Vardy got to the ball first and should have gotten a pen. VAR should really tell the ref to alter the throw in, as well as declaring the non pen, to avoid confusion and frustration.

Hopefully we can build some siege mentality on it.

2 hours ago, dfs said:

The ball can be won by the defender and then ricochet off the attacking player for a defensive thrown-in. No idea if that's what happened here as I haven't seen a conclusive replay, but the argument you mention is a fallacious one. 

It’s not when I saw it clearly and it didn’t touch him. So therefore I have no idea how they came to that conclusion.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Failing to not not succeed in ensuring to not ensure that not the players didn’t not not behave in a not misbehaving way to not act not improperly?

What?

Has a sub at the Merc had an aneurism?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It’s not when I saw it clearly and it didn’t touch him. So therefore I have no idea how they came to that conclusion.

Then I guess its human error. Tielemans clearly made contact with the ball (whether or not he made contact with Vardy first) so the lino must have thought it ricochet'd off Vardy I assume.

I'm not disputing the facts of the particular case, just the logic of the 'it must either be a foul or an attacking throw-in/corner' argument which is often banded around in these cases. 

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Isn't the headline contradictory unless they want us to behave improperly?

no? failing to ensure players did not behave in an improper way means the same thing as failing to ensure players behaved in a proper way.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

no? failing to ensure players did not behave in an improper way means the same thing as failing to ensure players behaved in a proper way.

I misread it originally.

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

At least it means we probably wont have him reffing us again for a while. 

Wouldnt be surprised if Cooper gets at least a warning for his comments to the press either. 

What did Cooper say? I know he got booked in the game. 

Edited by SecretPro