Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

It's nice that we only need to be better than 3 teams by the finest of margins now, rather than by an arbitrary number of points plucked out of thin air decided once the season is up and running.

So we fxxking better be Coops!

3 minutes ago, pleatout said:

Maybe its me, but I've been saying for a while that the league have been looking for a way out.

Man city and Top et al have deeper pockets than the prem and could keep this going until they bankrupted the prem with legal fees.

Add to that it makes for a farcical competition  if you start every season with 3 or 4 teams with threats of points deductions.  The best league in the world starts to look a bit rubbish.

Maybe this is the "deal" that gets them off the hook.  Can we expect an announcement in the next few days that proceedings against man city and Everton and others have been shelved and a new set of rules will be in place next season? I know they are doing that anyway but they might get someone with more than a gcse in law to have a read of it this time

Our decision was a bit of an outlier and only turned on us changing our accounting date and getting relegated. Man City and Everton don’t have that to rely on, but this may cause a wobble with the PL realising they don’t have absolute power. I’d be expecting City and Everton’s lawyers to be making a massive push for an “out of court” settlement right now (with a financial penalty rather than points deduction). The PL could be rattled enough to accept. 

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Time to start working on how we can avoid a points deduction in the championship next season. 

We weren't a Championship club when the breach occurred?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

How can the Premier League come out and say they are surprised and disappointed?

Do they actually want to find us guilty?

They'll try and pin us down (And other "lesser" clubs) whilst turning a blind eye to others.

Of course they do. For a small club like ours to fight back and win doesn’t look good for them. They’d want to make an example of us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yes decent but you made it out like Vichai foresaw something no one else did - compare our board with others. Having a general counsel isn't exactly ground breaking and we were miles behind others.

I don’t think at the time we were. It was not a concept that had caught on. In a league of 20 at most 7/8 clubs had extended the board to include one. Any way, he’s done his job this time. 

• Like 1

Unless the rules change it seems to me that you can spend as much as you like in the PL as long as you go down. Then you can spend as much as you like in the Championship as long as you go straight back up!

Coops - you know what you’ve got to do 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Jesus, and we aren't even their 'rivals' and they 'don't care about us'.

Rather than expressing twisted hate against another club they would do better to direct disgust at the idiots who purport to run the game for the good of the game

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JimJams said:

It's nice that we only need to be better than 3 teams by the finest of margins now, rather than by an arbitrary number of points plucked out of thin air decided once the season is up and running.

So we fxxking better be Coops!

Weirdly, this might make his position less secure if we don't start winning. 

The job is nowhere near as much of a hot potato as it was when it looked like we could have had a 10 point deduction and almost certain relegation.

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

The PL have announced our revised fixture list for December:-

25th 20:00 Newcastle (A) ref Coote

26th 12:30 Southampton (A) ref Coote

27th 12:30 Liverpool (A) ref Coote

27th 15:00 Brighton (A) ref that one from Roma 

28th 12:00 Man City (H) ref Coote

29th 12:00 Man City (A) ref Coote

30th 12:00 Man City (A) BONUS MATCH! ref Coote

Coote the Forest fan.

All jokes aside…..I have battered the club lately. I think we all have and it’s been deserved. We did technically breach the PSR rules and by a hell of a lot. Had Maddison scored that penalty against Everton we wouldn’t have gone down and then we’d have been in the shit last season with a huge deduction. The club messed up big time. They shouldn’t sail away from this without their critics. 

But credit where it’s due…they went out and employed the right Lawyers for the job and exploited the horrendously flawed loophole in the Premier League’s PSR rules. 

I wonder if Everton and Forest will appeal for some sort of compensation. Not sure they can but just a thought.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

You forget, mate of someone on here reffed us once... don't think either have been seen since.

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Also a points deduction is incoming on the 1st of March for not fielding a team in the newly scheduled matches on the 30th and 31st of February….

• Haha 2