Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

All jokes aside…..I have battered the club lately. I think we all have and it’s been deserved. We did technically breach the PSR rules and by a hell of a lot. Had Maddison scored that penalty against Everton we wouldn’t have gone down and then we’d have been in the shit last season with a huge deduction. The club messed up big time. They shouldn’t sail away from this without their critics. 

But credit where it’s due…they went out and employed the right Lawyers for the job and exploited the horrendously flawed loophole in the Premier League’s PSR rules. 

I wonder if Everton and Forest will appeal for some sort of compensation. Not sure they can but just a thought.

Did they get relegated? No. 

• Like 2

I dont understand why the movement of our accounting date to end June is relevant 

all clubs have to report their psr numbers for the twelve month period july 1 to June 30. That’s why clubs need to do deals before end June. 

as far as I recall, we moved from end may to end June to bring our accounting period into line with this and also because it tallied with the date when player contracts ended.  It just makes the auditors job a lot easier. (And cheaper for the club) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

Hahahaaha yeah they cheated the rules 3 years ago because they knew a lawyer was going to find a technicality to not punish them. Also, our argument wouldn’t even be valid had we not got relegated so you’re saying their plan was to go down? 

Well I was joking, but you never know👀

15 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

The PL have announced our revised fixture list for December:-

25th 20:00 Newcastle (A) ref Coote

26th 12:30 Southampton (A) ref Coote

27th 12:30 Liverpool (A) ref Coote

27th 15:00 Brighton (A) ref that one from Roma 

28th 12:00 Man City (H) ref Coote

29th 12:00 Man City (A) ref Coote

30th 12:00 Man City (A) BONUS MATCH! ref Coote

Hahaha brilliant. In all seriousness, we’re going to see some SHOCKING use of VAR this season now.

Kieran McGuire just on SSN basically saying the poor wording of the draft of PSR was exploited. All fair game and it's unlikely the PL will appeal the decision unless massive pressure is piled on by clubs in threat of getting relegated this season but they've not got any leg to stand on as it's the crappy wording of their own rules we've exploited!

• Thanks 1