Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

1 minute ago, stu said:

Only speculation, but are we being premature?

Potentially not. 

Some of our losses might not count toward the stupid PSR calculations, so we

could come under the threshold. 

13 minutes ago, stu said:

Normally a fan of Kieran and spitting facts, but this is incorrect. We didn’t break any rules last season and legally proved this, didn’t we?

We don't know yet. Last year's finances aren't out. 

But it wouldn't be a surprise if we overspent and will be in trouble if we go down. 

3 minutes ago, stu said:

Only speculation, but are we being premature?

I think, and I may be wrong , that we still may get a deduction next season, assuming the rules arent changed. We can worry about that next season though.

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Potentially not. 

Why only if we go back down? The tweet suggests we could be charged this season if we have breached for 23/24.

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Sorry to bang the drum again..But how can the numbers count in any way whatsoever if they cant touch us for it now? Make it make sense🤣

The numbers are valid, they haven’t proved we didn’t fail PSR, we did. Just that by a technicality (don’t like that wording really as it’s the way they have written it) they can’t charge us for it. We are now under their remit again, so they can charge us if the three year figures are off. 

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Seems like it and there’s no clear path forward for PSR charges for the most recent three years ending in ‘24.

This entire ordeal should absolutely nail for everyone that no one has any idea what's going on with PSR.

The Prem don't know their own rules, clubs don't, lawyers seem unable to. So anything these financial 'experts' say take with a huge pinch of salt.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t see the link between your points and our change of end year date 

Afaik, Psr calcs are to end June, irrespective of a club’s accounting EOY date. 

but both the PL and the appeal committee statements specifically refer to the movement of our end of year date to June 30 

I don’t think that’s correct, I think it’s calculated to the club’s year end date. 

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

Potentially not. 

I think given the sale of KDH and Maresca + team AND the fact we'd have been watching this like a hawk we'll be fine. The 22/23 overage was £24m. Pretty sure we'll have got sponsorships and cash to cover that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The numbers are valid, they haven’t proved we didn’t fail PSR, we did. Just that by a technicality (don’t like that wording really as it’s the way they have written it) they can’t charge us for it. We are now under their remit again, so they can charge us if the three year figures are off. 

But doesn’t one of those three years involve a season in the EFL? Which is one of the reasons this whole process has fallen down on? 

How can there be a potential deduction if the crooks of the decisions is based on our season in the EFL? Unless I’m understanding this incorrectly. 

23 minutes ago, stu said:

Normally a fan of Kieran and spitting facts, but this is incorrect. We didn’t break any rules last season and legally proved this, didn’t we?

They're welcome to try it. From everything I've read today, they're more likely to tweak the wording to close the loophole we exploited than they are to scrap PSR outright.

Wouldn't be too worried about Leeds coming up anyway, league looks stronger this year and they've already spaffed points against Portsmouth. lol

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But doesn’t one of those three years involve a season in the EFL? Which is one of the reasons this whole process has fallen down on? 

How can there be a potential deduction if the crooks of the decisions is based on our season in the EFL? Unless I’m understanding this incorrectly. 

Crux, ffs! 

• Thanks 1