Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

I find it funny that peeps are saying LCFC cheated by getting relegated and avoiding a points deduction when the threat of a points deduction is getting relegated and we have come back with a weaker squad, not a stronger one and having been forced to sell probably our best player.

The club have not really benefited from this.

Exactly.  Had we stayed up we might well have been able to avoid the overspend as well - I think it is clear the numbers added up in the planning stage, but the disaster of a season meant a drop in year on year place money of 30M and that completely ****ed us.  If they are going to say clubs must plan for relegation level finances every season that would be rather different.

Edited by Jon the Hat

44 minutes ago, Sly said:

If I’m being honest, it’s quite sad that football is being settled in a court of law. 

It’s good for us as it gives us a fighting chance to stay in this league now. I can see how the likes of Southampton, Forest, Everton, Ipswich will have concerns now. 

95% of football fans don’t agree with PSR, its consistency in approach, or the time it takes to decide. The entire policy is a mess. The Chelsea and Manchester City situations are a joke. 

Everton and Nottingham Forest are different situations to ours as well, however I didn’t agree with them getting deductions last season. I’m glad they both survived last season on footballing merit alone. 

My personnel opinion is UEFA needs to enforce a wage cap on clubs if they want to enter European competitions. That would then filter down into the top tier leagues. This levels the playing field then and doesn’t mean clubs like the top 6 horde talent on massive long contracts. 

I’d also rather see players trading that didn’t involve ridiculous, inflated transfer fees as well, however that’s largely broken. 

My major concern now is the statement from the Premier League. The fact they’re “Surprised and disappointed”, feels like a watershed moment, like when we got the infamous “We don’t want too many Leicester City’s”. How will the Premier League treat us now, on and off the field? 

PSR rules, relegation and promotion has also ripped this club apart and put us back years. We’ve lost Maddison, Barnes, KDH, Castagne, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Amartey, Perez, Hurst, Evans, Mendy and even Schmeichel to try and comply. Some of that is our own incompetences, however the big six were built on throwing money at stuff and building a legacy. The current rules have stopped the smaller clubs from growing whilst the likes of Chelsea have two or even three teams of players that could compete in this league. 

The truth is we do want more Leicester City's and by not allowing us to grow by investing our owners own money to prop us up, the Premier League have actually damaged us as a business. 

We were a massive story, potentially the biggest sports story ever. I’d never begrudge another set of fans any club outside the big six experiencing what we did. It’s brilliant for sporting integrity and takes the game back to what it is at its simplistic form, of 11 v 11 and the winner gets the honours. The stupid PSR rules and the potential EPL favouring of the “larger” clubs has tried to stop this in my opinion.

This feels not just a victory for Leicester, but a victory for every ambitious club that wants to challenge the big boys. 

Maybe not one for this post, or topic, however I’m also surprised that the needle hasn’t moved yet from the bettering companies on us staying up. 

The “We don’t want any more Leicester Cities” was in a slightly different context because nobody ever suggested we bought our way to the title in 15-16.

The club with the biggest interest in this is the one with vast amounts of wealth that the rules do not allow them to spend.

What they really mean is they don’t want  any Newcastle Uniteds.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

The “We don’t want any more Leicester Cities” was in a slightly different context because nobody ever suggested we bought our way to the title in 15-16.

The club with the biggest interest in this is the one with vast amounts of wealth that the rules do not allow them to spend.

What they really mean is they don’t want  any Newcastle Uniteds.

It was I agree. 

I referenced it more due to the fact that the other six have this attitude toward clubs that they don’t want them to be competitive with them. PSR was / is just another road block to prevent this from happening. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The PL have royally ****ed themselves here. 
So as long as you are in the EFL during your 3 year period you can spend whatever you like.

Absolutely moronic rules.

lollollol

It is the rules they set, we deserve compensation for having to be put through this to be honest! ;) clearly by the letter of the book they decided to put together we broke nothing. No HYS on the bbc was disappointing wanted to see the meltdown from the forest and Everton lot 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Funny thing is the Notts Forest fans are up in arms claiming we've cheated....for the third time :D.

The irony of that lot with the transfer for the Greek keeper and their owner hiring Clattenburg to try and bribe refs. 

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is the rules they set, we deserve compensation for having to be put through this to be honest! ;) clearly by the letter of the book they decided to put together we broke nothing. 

It’s due to being in EFL at the end of the accounting period 22/23 (we had given our shares to Luton by then) so we were therefore not a PL team and we’re not subject to PSR rules, it’s hilarious. Nick De Marco has played a blinder.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

It's a clear win but I do get why other teams will be pissed off and it also leaves a sour taste knowing we did actually fail and this just covers up the mismanagement of the club. I do think the rules are ridiculous and favour the big 6 but other teams manage to comply outside of a few that are as badly managed as we are.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

It does yes, but that’s not really why it’s fallen down I don’t believe.

There is a process for being in the EFL which adjusts the losses you can make. The detail of how to handle that is there. The three year period still counts, the reason it’s fallen down is merely to do with jurisdiction. We’ve fallen between the cracks of who can charge us, it’s not because we didn’t fail psr. 

They might not be able to charge us for the years we were technically out of jurisdiction. But they can if we fail while we are under it, the numbers arent up for debate. Just the ability to take sanctions against us. 

I see, well I’d imagine that the same conclusion would be drawn if they tried to come again. What this means is, ultimately the EPL and EFL need to come together and look at the regulations again, as shortcomings have been discovered. All of this is normal when dealing with legal processes, it’s exactly why you always get legal aid. Even if you’re in the wrong because this is what it can achieve. Yes we’ve done wrong, but the EPL clearly hasn’t been diligent enough also. Learning curve for all parties I would say. 

• Like 1

This just highlights that PSR and the currently football structure is a mess.

Chelsea have shown it up. Man City have shown it up. That’s all fine because they are the big clubs who are allowed to do what they want - they are encouraged to squeeze through loop holes.

We have an OJ Simpson moment and walk free and everyone’s outraged.

I would also like to point out that if, like it should bed the football league included the whole pyramid, we wouldn’t have got through the loophole.

i find it really bizarre that the premier league and the football league are separate entities.

are the clubs in the premier league not playing football anymore?

Surely the whole pyramid needs to sit under the same umbrella, or every league needs to be separate. The current set up makes little sense to me.

an amalgamation of it all would make much more sense, and would address the issue of finances not filtering down.

the premier league should never have been a separate entity as it is part of the English football league system and should be treated as such.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KFS said:

Nottingham Forest and Everton fans should be met with the response that we paid the ultimate price last year because of their factual cheating the year before. Cant believe they’re even piping up. 

Actually I can. Two of the gobshite sets of fans in the premier league.

But Leeds et al could rightly be aggrieved that we've cheated and maintained the chance to go straight back up.

Disappointed so many are OK with this and even defending our actions. Yeah, I get the argument that the PSR are themselves lopsided, but we're no better (arguably as bad as or worse) than the clubs that (I presume) the same fans are taking shots at for their supposed cheating, like Everton, Villa, Forest, Chelsea, Man City etc.

I know this benefits 'our' club, but does it really not matter how it conducts itself?

This is great news and should give the whole club a massive lift, however we need to remember our get out of jail free card is on the basis of a legal technicality, therefore this shouldn’t exonerate any one at the club who has been complicit in us breaching the rules. People still need to be accountable however I fear this will now just be swept under the carpet and the club carries on its merry way. 

There is still many many things that need to change both on and off the field at our club, so yes of course it’s a massive cause of celebration, but remains a hollow victory. 

Interestingly this is now no longer a free hit for Cooper so does this release or increase the pressure on him. 

Whilst we have got away this, we will now be a marked club with both the EPL and EFL waiting to bury us at the earliest opportunity therefore we have to get our house in order and quickly. We have won this battle now we have to be at the top of our game to win the war. 

• Like 2

On the one hand, squeezing the club through the tightest of legal loopholes and out into safety shows a certain...moral flexibility on those involved within the club.

On the other, the faux outrage from fans of other clubs who, to a man, would have no issue with their club doing exactly the same is absolutely hilarious entertainment. Spare us the spitting feathers, guys - it's both hypocritical and indicative that you take a game over which you have no control way too seriously, and perhaps you should get outside and touch grass a little more for the sake of your mental health. :D

• Like 4