Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

35 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Funny thing is the Notts Forest fans are up in arms claiming we've cheated....for the third time :D.

The irony of that lot with the transfer for the Greek keeper and their owner hiring Clattenburg to try and bribe refs. 

Forest need to take a look themselves, they

breached in their first season…… if anyone needs a dressing down it’s them. They’ve thrown money around like Chelsea, and are still a bag of shirt. At least we’ve been successful. 

2 minutes ago, shen said:

But Leeds et al could rightly be aggrieved that we've cheated and maintained the chance to go straight back up.

Disappointed so many are OK with this and even defending our actions. Yeah, I get the argument that the PSR are themselves lopsided, but we're no better (arguably as bad as or worse) than the clubs that (I presume) the same fans are taking shots at for their supposed cheating, like Everton, Villa, Forest, Chelsea, Man City etc.

I know this benefits 'our' club, but does it really not matter how it conducts itself?

Yes, this is all true, we operated in contravention of the ‘spirit of the law’. However, it is hard to care too much, as the PL is responsible for the rules and they have been found wanting. The truth is that whilst PL and EFL do not cooperate this is always a possibility.

The PL has also retained too much focus on the top 6 which has meant neglect of the lower league and their ability to compete (spend) which meant this type of challenge was inevitable, and Forest, Leeds, etc should look to their own processes to not have recognised this opportunity to take the PL to task.

It does feel like a long term plan to me, restructuring the financial reporting period to allow this exact claim, and we can legitimately narrow our eyes at that nefarious planning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Does this mean that we can spend big in Jan, and dish out a few meaty contracts? 🤣 

It is a 3 year running thing with PSR, I don’t totally understand it but we have made some solid sponsorship deals this time around, so if in a position which we could seriously stay up I wouldn’t be surprised if we did spend a little. 

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Was the decision pretty much on the cards at the weekend? We’ve been sanctioned for our conduct against Coonte, yet some of the decisions made are beyond logic. 

I reckon the club knew something a while a back. Spent a fair few quid and given out decent contracts, would they have done this knowing a deduction was on the way and more than likely relegated again ? .....Must of been very confidant in the outcome.

6 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The Premier League won't appeal because essentially it's their contract which is unenforceable - they have effectively fuched themselves here - what a bunch of tosspots. 

Kieran Maguire has already said it’s nearly impossible for the PL to appeal due to lack of grounds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Kieran Maguire has already said it’s nearly impossible for the PL to appeal due to lack of grounds.

Well if they did, it would be even more of a humiliation for them, let’s face it the whole PSR stuff is just total garbage anyway. 

• Like 1

I think the PSR rules need to be looked at. It was brought in to protect clubs from going into administration but it is fast creating a monopoly to suit the 'bigger' clubs. You have to spend to compete and this is what teams like Chelsea and Man City have done for years to establish themselves in world football. 

We were forced to sell KDH and weaken our squad considerably to stay clear of the laws. But were we ever at risk of administration? I do not think so!! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well if they did, it would be even more of a humiliation for them, let’s face it the whole PSR stuff is just total garbage anyway. 

We’ve exposed how flaccid the whole process is, it’s down to the premier league to review their policies 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Was the decision pretty much on the cards at the weekend? We’ve been sanctioned for our conduct against Coonte, yet some of the decisions made are beyond logic. 

It’s been on the cards for some time. I was told three weeks ago this would happen but decided against mentioning it on here it as it seemed so implausible. It seems the club has been very confident about this outcome for some time…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It’s been on the cards for some time. I was told three weeks ago this would happen but decided against mentioning it on here it as it seemed so implausible. It seems the club has been very confident about this outcome for some time…

That's why they went a little cash happy and signed Ayew:ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sly said:

If I’m being honest, it’s quite sad that football is being settled in a court of law. 

It’s good for us as it gives us a fighting chance to stay in this league now. I can see how the likes of Southampton, Forest, Everton, Ipswich will have concerns now. 

95% of football fans don’t agree with PSR, its consistency in approach, or the time it takes to decide. The entire policy is a mess. The Chelsea and Manchester City situations are a joke. 

Everton and Nottingham Forest are different situations to ours as well, however I didn’t agree with them getting deductions last season. I’m glad they both survived last season on footballing merit alone. 

My personnel opinion is UEFA needs to enforce a wage cap on clubs if they want to enter European competitions. That would then filter down into the top tier leagues. This levels the playing field then and doesn’t mean clubs like the top 6 horde talent on massive long contracts. 

I’d also rather see players trading that didn’t involve ridiculous, inflated transfer fees as well, however that’s largely broken. 

My major concern now is the statement from the Premier League. The fact they’re “Surprised and disappointed”, feels like a watershed moment, like when we got the infamous “We don’t want too many Leicester City’s”. How will the Premier League treat us now, on and off the field? 

PSR rules, relegation and promotion has also ripped this club apart and put us back years. We’ve lost Maddison, Barnes, KDH, Castagne, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Amartey, Perez, Hurst, Evans, Mendy and even Schmeichel to try and comply. Some of that is our own incompetences, however the big six were built on throwing money at stuff and building a legacy. The current rules have stopped the smaller clubs from growing whilst the likes of Chelsea have two or even three teams of players that could compete in this league. 

The truth is we do want more Leicester City's and by not allowing us to grow by investing our owners own money to prop us up, the Premier League have actually damaged us as a business. 

We were a massive story, potentially the biggest sports story ever. I’d never begrudge another set of fans any club outside the big six experiencing what we did. It’s brilliant for sporting integrity and takes the game back to what it is at its simplistic form, of 11 v 11 and the winner gets the honours. The stupid PSR rules and the potential EPL favouring of the “larger” clubs has tried to stop this in my opinion.

This feels not just a victory for Leicester, but a victory for every ambitious club that wants to challenge the big boys. 

Maybe not one for this post, or topic, however I’m also surprised that the needle hasn’t moved yet from the bettering companies on us staying up. 

Great post. 

9 hours ago, Simonb said:

So rather than wasting time on planning the expansion, use that time to generate more cash that can then be spent on the team

I take on board your points, but that is the whole idea of the expansion - to generate more income and investment. What KP invest in the Stadium upgrade shouldn't have impact on what is available to spend on improving the squad. 

As far as I understand, finance isn't the problem. We are still a relative wealthy club and there is scope to spend more on the playing side now this PSR ruling has gone in our favour. We could afford to bin Cooper off, but I think this is unlikely unless someone better has agreed to join. Moyes might be the only realistic option. However, I'm not sure a  3rd change of styles of play in a matter of months is conducive to continuity. Nonetheless, if after 10 games we are in the bottom 3, with little sign of improvement on the pitch, the board may need to act.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I see, well I’d imagine that the same conclusion would be drawn if they tried to come again. What this means is, ultimately the EPL and EFL need to come together and look at the regulations again, as shortcomings have been discovered. All of this is normal when dealing with legal processes, it’s exactly why you always get legal aid. Even if you’re in the wrong because this is what it can achieve. Yes we’ve done wrong, but the EPL clearly hasn’t been diligent enough also. Learning curve for all parties I would say. 

They can appeal, but I think it's unlikely. When you start basically admitting the wording isn't up for scratch yourself I'm not sure if gives you anywhere to go. 

I don't like the press even saying a technicality, really, as per the judgement. We've merely applied the rules as they are written, that's on them. 

I think new rules would now need to be drawn up and voted on. 

• Like 2