Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

Whilst I do enjoy the fact we have gotten away with it the league really are shitting on their own lasagna.

Seemingly unable to write and enforce their own daft rules, they're letting themselves open for rafts of complaints, litigation, and argument. 

The current governance of the Premier League isn't fit for purpose - this kind of chicanery just serves to highlight it - and I worry that the solution might well look like a Super League. A cynic might suggest that the plan.

• Like 1

Just now, Fosse93 said:

Does our 3 year accounting period start from this season now? Don’t see how previous seasons will apply if they’re essentially now void.

It's a rolling 3 year period.  

The PSR need to be scrapped. 

They are awful, and outside a vested interest in Leicester who have they actually benefited?

I agree with the poster earlier that said a bond should be placed instead to ensure a club's safety. Maybe proportional to contract value of the players to stop Chelsea offering everyone career length contracts! 

• Like 1

That is absolutely fantastic news

Close shave and a lesson learnt. Top needs to get a grip of things and run the club properly now so this doesn't distract us again, and find ways without increasing tickets further to bring in more revenue.. better sponsorship deals etc, prior to spending hundreds of millions on the land and ground 

Brilliant outcome though

Thought I'd have a look at the comments under the athletic article about this, expecting all sorts of abuse.

Nope pretty unanimous support from other clubs (especially forest and everton) fans for sticking it to the PL on this one. There's more negativity towards the outcome on here 

"Leicester played the corrupt system at their own game and won"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

This doesn't count against PSR

Yes I get that but I mean rather than being all flashy and developing everything.. we need to get our head in the game and organise our financial incomings based around what's happening on the pitch

So rather than wasting time on planning the expansion, use that time to generate more cash that can then be spent on the team

Shame we don't have the funds to bin Cooper off and get someone in that will give it a go 

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's a rolling 3 year period.  

Not really answering the question though…how can they apply a rolling 3-year period when one year is effectively voided as we cant be fined for it? Do they just use the last three valid years?!

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

Cooper must be gutted his prime excuse his gone now, man might have to try and actually set us up to win some games and make it look close.

G'won Coops, you can do it. Let us cross the half way line, we're a wild beast yearning to score.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2