Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

22 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

This is brilliant news. BUT… should we go for more and now sue Forest and Everton?

We got relegated in a season they just survived whilst they both broke PSR and we (LOL) didn’t! But we didn’t did we, legally speaking.

i know it’s taking the pi55 but surely we could sue Forest and Everton for our losses last season

i wouldnt, everyone should be going for the premier league etc for the PSR/FFP rules that basically protect the top 6 teams

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Literally every decision in a game is going to go against us, the officials will do everything in their power to get us relegated now.

Great news but we have angered them.

My immediate thoughts too.  Interesting coincidence of timing that the league are currently bringing our players to book over their behaviour last Saturday but, of course, no taking into account the deficiencies of the ref.  I think the Prem will be out to get us at every opportunity this season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, deep blue said:

My immediate thoughts too.  Interesting coincidence of timing that the league are currently bringing our players to book over their behaviour last Saturday but, of course, no taking into account the deficiencies of the ref.  I think the Prem will be out to get us at every opportunity this season.

Fvck em.

Time to fvck psr are off once and for all.

Premier league have basically picked on the small kid minding his own business in the playground, only to find out he's a black belt 

Time to concentrate on the pitch now. For me, Cooper has to get it right against Palace or we fvck him off too before Everton 

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But doesn’t one of those three years involve a season in the EFL? Which is one of the reasons this whole process has fallen down on? 

How can there be a potential deduction if the crooks of the decisions is based on our season in the EFL? Unless I’m understanding this incorrectly. 

It does yes, but that’s not really why it’s fallen down I don’t believe.

There is a process for being in the EFL which adjusts the losses you can make. The detail of how to handle that is there. The three year period still counts, the reason it’s fallen down is merely to do with jurisdiction. We’ve fallen between the cracks of who can charge us, it’s not because we didn’t fail psr. 

They might not be able to charge us for the years we were technically out of jurisdiction. But they can if we fail while we are under it, the numbers arent up for debate. Just the ability to take sanctions against us. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

The Premier League deserve this. PSR has been a joke, and was put in place to stop what we achieved in 14/15 ever happening again. 

Ironic that it is us again, who have taken it to the big boys and won. 

I don't think this will be appealed, as it looks pretty clear cut to me. PL will grumble but move on. 

I suspect many other fans will also enjoy the Premier League's humiliation. A minority will whinge of course.

Let this be a huge wake-up call for Top though. Time to get back to running this club properly and within the future rules. 

Huge boost for us staying up as well. I think we can do it now, although it will be a battle until the last few games. 

Buckle up everyone! The crazy life of being a Leicester fan continues... 

What the hell next?! :sweating:

14-15 was the great escape

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, stu said:

Only speculation, but are we being premature?

Think 23-24 we are fine with the sales of Maddison, Castagne, Barnes, KDH, Hirst etc.

Oh and Fofana money still coming in as well as compensation for Enzo and staff.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Maybe it was all a plan to get relegated, knowing we’d breach but get away with it on a technicality, having a season on loan in the championship to avoid it all. 

I'd love to think it was planned ineptitude, but i reckon it's just sublime lucky shithousey.

22 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

-3 points for our stadium seats not being blue enough. 

-1 for them not being wide enough :P 

Seriously, though - this has to be the worst get-out-of-jail card for PSR: just get relegated before the accounts need to be considered :P

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, iann1982 said:

I think given the sale of KDH and Maresca + team AND the fact we'd have been watching this like a hawk we'll be fine. The 22/23 overage was £24m. Pretty sure we'll have got sponsorships and cash to cover that

also Barnes