Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

They can appeal, but I think it's unlikely. When you start basically admitting the wording isn't up for scratch yourself I'm not sure if gives you anywhere to go. 

I don't like the press even saying a technicality, really, as per the judgement. We've merely applied the rules as they are written, that's on them. 

I think new rules would now need to be drawn up and voted on. 

Exactly, shouldn’t be any grey areas, by the book we haven’t done anything wrong 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

They can appeal, but I think it's unlikely. When you start basically admitting the wording isn't up for scratch yourself I'm not sure if gives you anywhere to go. 

I don't like the press even saying a technicality, really, as per the judgement. We've merely applied the rules as they are written, that's on them. 

I think new rules would now need to be drawn up and voted on. 

And that has been the claim all along, that we want the PL to adhere to their own rules. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

We’re the topic on TalkSport after the ads

They just had their in house Forest fan on and while he said lots of fans will feel aggrieved he believed that this is fair play as it exposes the ineptitude of PSR rules. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We haven’t broken the rules, I hope we seriously seek compensation, this would have an impact on any potential signings this summer!

We DID break the rules! We just used ambiguity in the wording of those rules to escape punishment. It's the equivalent of commiting a crime in this country then moving to a non extradition country before the charges are filed. 

6 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

They just had their in house Forest fan on and while he said lots of fans will feel aggrieved he believed that this fair play as it exposes the ineptitude of PSR rules. 

To be fair, I've seen a lot of that. I think most people just hate the rules and appreciate it's a load of old s****. 

• Like 3

TBF, those complaining about us getting away with the champ last season... WE> SHOULD> NOT> HAVE> BEEN>THERE. It was down to fvcking Rodgers and the lack of spending caused by the PSR threats.

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

We DID break the rules! We just used ambiguity in the wording of those rules to escape punishment. It's the equivalent of commiting a crime in this country then moving to a non extradition country before the charges are filed. 

I was trying to think of an analogy last night and funnily enough that's the best one I could come up with also. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

lets be right tho, chelsea would have, utd probably did, Man City have....

PSR/FFP is not fit for purpose and it just feels like its there to protect the top 6 and stop anything like what we did in 15/16 from happening again

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

What, but we have returned and not been punished, anyone committing such a crime will be arrested at passport control ;) 

• Haha 2