Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

10 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Mixed emotions.

Obviously this is great for this season and the longer term if we can stay up, but my word what a shitshow all this is.

I felt the same when we won the league... I just couldn't help feeling we didn't have the squad for the champions league. So whilst I was happy, I was also worried. 

• Haha 1

Interesting to see this morning how close Villa came to breaking PSR in their push to break the Top4. Just emphasises the rules are in place to keep the rich rich and the poor grateful. With hindsight part of me wishes the Super League had taken off.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, shailen said:

They can fine us but surely the EFL can't take Premier league points away from us?? Might be messy if we get relegated! 

EFL can't touch us whilst we're in the premiership. If/when we get relegated, we will be facing an almighty sanction from them IF they can prove that we broke any of their rules. 

Finding it hard to celebrate this, given what a disaster 2022/23 was.

We’d have still been much better off in surviving, taking a deduction and then finishing above three crap promoted teams. 

Still, looking forward to calling Everton and Forest cheats at every opportunity. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

A punishment for 23/24 if applicable will be done during this season 

I don't think that's right. They cannot apply a sanction. Well, they're welcome to, but we're not competing in their competition, so I'm happy, on behalf of Leicester, to accept a 100 point deduction for the season 2024-25.  Sheff Utd were allegedly due to get hit with a points deduction on their return this year for infringements related to paying (or not!) other clubs for transfers in their promotion year.

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Isn't it the opposite? 

We argued that the rules were ambiguous and open to interpretation. 

We have successfully won the legal argument that the rules need to be applied as written - and not as interpreted. 

So we have ADHERED to the rules,.not broken them 

Hmmmm it's a weird one. There are two things here, we DID fail PSR. We spent more money than was allowed; that's not been up for argument. 

The argument we've won is that the EFL didn't have the remit to punish us, and neither did the premier league, because we fell into a void between the rules (their own problem). There is no perfect analogy for it really

If we had stayed up, we'd have been punished. So, as per the analogy, if we'd stayed in the country (premier league) we'd have been put in prison, but we fled to brazil (the EFL). When returning to our country of origin (Premier League), they couldn't do anything.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 4

Just watching a video on YouTube that Forest Fan TV have put up entitled 'Cheating Scum! Leicester Escape Point Deduction...' (yes I do feel dirty after watching that so need to go for a shower), oh it's a joy to watch! I love how salty these hypocrites are. Turning on their saviour Steve Cooper too. But to summarise they don't care about what happens to us :crylaugh:, and apparently Di Marco is a Forest man. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

They just had their in house Forest fan on and while he said lots of fans will feel aggrieved he believed that this is fair play as it exposes the ineptitude of PSR rules. 

Yeah I listened. The Forest fans pissing and moaning are being petty. The situation for us is slightly different, albeit because we were a bit more cunning

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They can appeal, but I think it's unlikely. When you start basically admitting the wording isn't up for scratch yourself I'm not sure if gives you anywhere to go. 

I don't like the press even saying a technicality, really, as per the judgement. We've merely applied the rules as they are written, that's on them. 

I think new rules would now need to be drawn up and voted on. 

Ultimately that’s what will happen. It often does when a case going through a legal process falls down. 

The premier league rather than chasing us, will now need to have their policies reviewed, as all we’ve done is highlight where it falls apart. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was trying to think of an analogy last night and funnily enough that's the best one I could come up with also. 

How about...

Leicester City were caught stood over the bloody corpse of the premier league with a bloodied and dripping carving knife in their hand saying 'take that you bastard'.

But then get off with it because the prosecution referred to the knife as a flick knife. 

:D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Flappit said:

I don't think that's right. They cannot apply a sanction. Well, they're welcome to, but we're not competing in their competition, so I'm happy, on behalf of Leicester, to accept a 100 point deduction for the season 2024-25.  Sheff Utd were allegedly due to get hit with a points deduction on their return this year for infringements related to paying (or not!) other clubs for transfers in their promotion year.

As at 30 June this year we are a premier league club. PL will therefore look at our 23/24 PSR calculations and if failed punish us in January 25. 

1 minute ago, Fox forever said:

As at 30 June this year we are a premier league club. PL will therefore look at our 23/24 PSR calculations and if failed punish us in January 25. 

Not sure - I think the PL PSR rules look at spending over three years, and the appeal outcome suggests that because we weren't in the PL last year (esp during one crucial month last summer), they can't take that year into account at any point. So that would make it hard for us to breach at any point if 2023/24 is in the mix. Could be wrong though!

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

How about...

Leicester City were caught stood over the bloody corpse of the premier league with a bloodied and dripping carving knife in their hand saying 'take that you bastard'.

But then get off with it because the prosecution referred to the knife as a flick knife. 

:D

Yeah I prefrer that one lol

• Haha 2