Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

4 minutes ago, Flappit said:

You're not a very clever fox then... the specific loophole here doesn't apply to Everton or Forest's situation, as they remained premier league clubs. One clause being unenforceable doesn't render the entire ruleset to be the same.

Sorry to disagree. ours is a totally different argument to theres, We've proved the rules are not fit for purpose. In law you can't choose the rules you like and ignore the ones you don't 

They all stand or they all fail. Which in our case we proved they were faulty.

1 hour ago, Harboro said:

And you can only blame the person who wrote the rules for that!

Wrong, you can totally blame the offending party too.

In this case we spotted a loophole and then exploited it. We should've been pointing it out to the PL prior to abusing it.

We totally knew what we were doing and no amount of lawspeak will convince me otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Sorry to disagree. ours is a totally different argument to theres, We've proved the rules are not fit for purpose. In law you can't choose the rules you like and ignore the ones you don't 

By this logic why only stick to PSR rules? They're all a part of the larger set of rules by which the prem is governed so I guess now we're in a lawless land 

5 minutes ago, shen said:

In this case we spotted a loophole and then exploited it. We should've been pointing it out to the PL prior to abusing it.

We totally knew what we were doing and no amount of lawspeak will convince me otherwise. 

Of course, both LCFC and the Premier League are culpable.

We're culpable for breaching PSR. The Premier League are culpable for not having watertight rules that have allowed us to avoid a punishment. 

Obviously it would have been totally negligent from the club had we not exploited the fact that loophole existed for us to escape punishment.

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Stefan Borsen on Talksport just said we could still be punished this season if we breach PSR for 23/24 but I'm confused as wasn't it reported by many that the sale of KDH and Maresca meant we were fine for that year?

How? Half of that year was spent in the championship. The fact of the matter is neither the EPL or EFL’s regulations are water tight, it’s just been proven. A lot of the pundits are now probably slightly embarrassed and will just continue to bang the drum regardless until the news dies down, because most were convinced we were going to get done. We’ve exposed the shortcomings in the policies and it’s ultimately tied the EPL’s hands. All they can do now is look at their policies and change them, they may also have to forge an alliance the EFL to deal with cross over offences. Thats literally all that can happen now.

Edited by Pliskin

5 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Stefan Borsen on Talksport just said we could still be punished this season if we breach PSR for 23/24 but I'm confused as wasn't it reported by many that the sale of KDH and Maresca meant we were fine for that year?

Rolling three-year period, two of those years spent in PL. 

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm really not sure this logic is correct at all. Just because one rule was poorly drafted and didn't account for one very specific set of circumstances doesn't mean the entire set of rules is vulnerable to legal challenge. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I’m not a lawyer or legal expert, but just because one section or subsection of a law doesn’t cover all situations wouldn’t mean the entire law be invalidated.

Edited by VLC86
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Any other lawyers want to debate this ?

9 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

we don’t know 

we will have to submit our eoy accounts in the autumn because we were a PL club at the end of June so we can’t avoid that requirement.  At that time it may leak out. If it doesn’t then we’ll have to wait until end feb for any charge to be raised. 
if they do charge us then I expect we will challenge the ability to fast track the charges for 23/24 as we weren’t a PL club during that season. 

dimarco is not finished on our payroll ! 

15 minutes ago, shen said:

Do you go and report every incident of going above the speed limit to the Police...

• Like 1

So we can't be punished for 22/23 - That's done and dusted?

But seeing as we can for 23/24, and it's a rolling 3 year period of £105m max losses (or £83m with us being in the Championship for a year?), we are almost certainly going to fail again? 

Even with the sale of KDH and Maresca money, we'd need to be in a decent profit for last year wouldn't we? To counteract the other two years?

I may have misunderstood all of this so apologies! lol

Just now, James_lcfc said:

But seeing as we can for 23/24, and it's a rolling 3 year period of £105m max losses (or £83m with us being in the Championship for a year?), we are almost certainly going to fail again? 

Even with the sale of KDH and Maresca money, we'd need to be in a decent profit for last year wouldn't we? To counteract the other two years?

We sold Harvey Barnes in the same accounting year so it would be the clubs fault if we don’t manage to clear PSR for last season!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

Football is healing... 

THEN YOU SEE THE FUME... 

Everton fans still not getting that infrastructure is an allowable deduction so they weren't deducted points for building a new ground then?

and, am I missing something with the cov fan? we didn't do anything wrong in 2001/02 from what I remember? just played shit and got relegated 

4 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Percy says we are expected to be fine for the next period as well

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

By this logic why only stick to PSR rules? They're all a part of the larger set of rules by which the prem is governed so I guess now we're in a lawless land 

It's only the psr rules that have been challenged. Others are free to challenge any rules they feel unfairly affects them.

24 minutes ago, shen said:

IMO the offending party shouldn’t be blamed for the rules being poorly written, unless they played a part in writing them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

John Percy reckons we've probably avoided a breach for 23/24 through the money we received for KDH, Maresca and Barnes. Stefan Borson was on the radio a while ago and he said there is a chance we may have breached but he wasn't sure at all. I suspect it will be close either way - we'll have either just avoided a breach or breached by a relatively small amount.