Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Absolutely there is if we’ve breached £83m to end June 24.  
they will be desperate to screw us this season but we’ll argue that they can’t 

The prem can charge us 12 points if they want, should we breech, but ultimately it will come down to the independent commission once again. If we corporate with them, which we always do, it will be reduced 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

The prem can charge us 12 points if they want should be breech, but ultimately it will come down to the independent commission once again. If we corporate with them, which we always do, it will be reduced 

Not quite. The PL does not impose the points deduction - the commission does. The PL can, I believe, suggest a certain deduction but they do not decide it. If we breach for 2021-24 by a relatively small amount, it is likely we'll just receive a fine or a two-point deduction.

26 minutes ago, Flappit said:

You need to stop digging... 

Example of your logic. Man clearly murders someone. Police fumble chain of custody or fail to follow procedure correctly. Man gets off murder charge on technicality as, effectively, part of the law cannot be enacted on that man in this specific situation. 

Clever fox: murder laws have been proven unenforceable, get busy everyone! 

(Rudkin goes to live in bunker to avoid hordes of Leicester fans) 

There's many a case that's been thrown out of Court because the poice fumbled evidence or didn't follow the correct procedures as you say.

You only have to look at the recent Letby case which is being challenged now.

The Premier League statement against the Appeal Board is absolutely appalling and disgusting. They're responsible for this farce, they're responsible for this joke of a sport they're ruining week in week out. Meanwhile teams like Man City and Chelsea are untouched. Oh, there are 115 charges so we'll make a decision by 2077. 

I'm afraid they'll "teach"us a proper lesson through VAR decisions this season. 

• Like 1

This idea that the Premier League will get referees into a dark room and demand that Leicester are screwed by VAR, is pretty laughable. 

The PL will want to brush this whole farce under the table. Leicester just need to get their house in order and stick within the rules from now on. 

PL won't be able to touch us if so. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

There's many a case that's been thrown out of Court because the poice fumbled evidence or didn't follow the correct procedures as you say.

You only have to look at the recent Letby case which is being challenged now.

"whoosh" was the sound of the point, as it sailed over Clever Fox's head.

35 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Very elnightening and thanks as knowledge is always useful. As I said I can only speak of my situation and in that case which did go to Court and the whole document was deemed flawed because of some of the clauses within.

Whereas in the Clubs situation, None of it has gone as far as the Courts. Which I doubt it will do now as usually in arbitration both sides agree to accept the ruling.

It is very unlikely that a document (I’m assuming contract) can be deemed in its entirety as void.

What probably happened is that the overriding clause was deemed unenforceable - void and therefore the essence of the contract was lost. The entire agreement would’ve included boiler plate clauses which would’ve still, in case of breach been enforceable. For example a confidentiality clause. These clauses in theory would still apply if you get my point. 

Anyway that is different to this situation, the rules remain binding on the clubs. We have clarity on jurisdiction, 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxTimmy2 said:

Of **** off! What for??

We're clearly innocent, just ask the appeals board.

This is for 2021-24, not the 2020-23 period. FosseHub have linked a story by footyinsider which claims we're likely to breach for last season, citing anonymous 'sources'. Fortunately, footyinsider is as bad a source as there is, so the story does not carry much weight.