Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

And things our first season back in after relegation. So that period will still be there, until a fresh three calendar years in the league have been played out surely? They can’t backdate anything because it would have been picked up, and then can’t do anything that includes that EFL season. Forests penalty came in there second season, so, I can’t see how the premier league can do anything this season, we will just refer back to the independent committee who will ultimately come to the same conclusion…. Surely?

The three year period to the end of last season will be assessed against an £83m limit.  The ruling yesterday doesn’t impact that in any way.

• Like 1

This throws up some interesting consequences. One being that I suspect those in a relegation battle come Jan may spend heavily if they think it gives them a good chance of staying up. Think the only way the PL stop this is to join with EFL in committing to points deductions happening the season after, whichever league you're in.

Think the moaners are missing a few bits on this too. Admittedly I did expect us to get punished but it seemed sensible that it would happen given recency of the offence. If the Prem could just punish you when you come back up you could be talking 10+ years between the offence and the punishment, which would seem daft. Again this the solution is that the points deduction is applied in the EFL, but not our fault they haven't sorted their shit out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Phube said:

Simon Jordan’s raging… lol

Though can we sue him for slander for saying we breached, when it’s proven we didn’t!? 

Eh? We absolutely did breach the rules. We got out of it because we announced our accounts a week or so after giving our premier league share to one of the promoted clubs. 

He's spot on with with his assessment. Only lasted 4 minutes mind cus the other 2 started speaking and it hurt my brain.

Whoever signed off on the writing of the rules is in a world of pain right now lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I can bet my last penny if SJ was a chairman / owner of a premier league club who were in the same position as us, he would of opened up his chq book to the best lawyer in town to fix it. Facts 

I imagine he'd happily admit to the fact he would.

Just now, Tommy G said:

I can bet my last penny if SJ was a chairman / owner of a premier league club who were in the same position as us, he would of opened up his chq book to the best lawyer in town to fix it. Facts 

His record owning a football club isn’t that great which makes his new emperor clothes act hilarious 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

This is a much bigger issue that Chelsea have got away with this

amazing how they go for the "smaller" teams like everton, forest, villa, newcastle leicester......but when its one of the top 6 teams, they roll over like a little kitten

premier league is moronic 

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Eh? We absolutely did breach the rules. We got out of it because we announced our accounts a week or so after giving our premier league share to one of the promoted clubs. 

He's spot on with with his assessment. Only lasted 4 minutes mind cus the other 2 started speaking and it hurt my brain.

Whoever signed off on the writing of the rules is in a world of pain right now lol

Of course he's right, Mr Jordan is the best thing on the radio and pretty much always gets it right ( IMO). We knew what we were doing and we've got away with it.  The prem have had there pants pulled down !

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This throws up some interesting consequences. One being that I suspect those in a relegation battle come Jan may spend heavily if they think it gives them a good chance of staying up. Think the only way the PL stop this is to join with EFL in committing to points deductions happening the season after, whichever league you're in.

Think the moaners are missing a few bits on this too. Admittedly I did expect us to get punished but it seemed sensible that it would happen given recency of the offence. If the Prem could just punish you when you come back up you could be talking 10+ years between the offence and the punishment, which would seem daft. Again this the solution is that the points deduction is applied in the EFL, but not our fault they haven't sorted their shit out.

I think the club will be doing everything they can to avoid giving the PL a chance of seeking harsher retribution in the future for breaches.

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This conversation seems to be going around in circles.

It could only be a breach if rules have been broken. The commission found that not to be the case. LCFC asked for the rules to be applied as written. What rule has been broken?

4 hours ago, shen said:

The point is we knew what we were about to do, the intent was nefarious. Even if the cause or motivation may have been principally righteous, it's still a blot on our book.

We were one of the clubs agreeing on the PSR, remember.

It's like gamers finding a weird bug in a game and abusing it. They (mostly) know full well it's a bug and should be fixed. In most cases they get reprimanded as well.

But to me it just highlights how $hitty all this off-field malarkey is. As Sly put it, it all comes down to a law exercise and finding the best people to manipulate this. 

If we didn't agree with the intent/spirit of the rules, then we should've done what we could to influence clubs/PL to rewrite it meaningfully.

Yeah, that's what counts regarding a PL punishment. It still stinks from a moral perspective and that does mean something to me as a fan.

No need for us to feel guilty about breaching the rules. We didn't make that amount of loss on purpose. Remember all those transfer windows where we didn't sign players so we could keep within the rules? Plus we are a victim of player power. For example If Youri and/or Cags renewed their contracts and one or both were sold instead of going on a free transfer then we would not have breached the PSR Rules. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

You know what Finners, someone needs to go on their forum and tell them that.

He lives there now. He can just open a window and shout it into the street...most of them can't read anyway. 

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I think the club will be doing everything they can to avoid giving the PL a chance of seeking harsher retribution in the future for breaches.

Very serious questions will be asked if the club do actually breach the rules. I can't believe they really are that incompetent. 

31 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Leicester were charged for allegedly breaching Rule E.49 of the Premier League PSR regulations because their three-year rolling losses of £129.4m, up to the end of the 2022-23 season, were £24.4m over the allowed threshold of £105m.

Assuming the above is correct from the BBC website, we would need to find £24.4m of allowable deductions in that 3 year period. I would guess at the following being claimed:

£10m - final payments for construction of Seagrave

£5m per year towards the womens football team including the running costs of Belvoir Drive

£5m per year towards youth development

£1m per year for charitable donations

Total £43m. 

The above could be higher than these figures, so the assumption that we have breached has always been incorrect as haven't ever presented a case to the Premier League, hence it is referred as an alleged breach.

To add to the point of Simon Jordan, Stefan Borson is their football finance expert and his appearance last week he was sure that we were looking at big deductions. So it goes to show that all those that are convinced of the clubs position don't have a clue.

Just now, ALC Fox said:

Well try coming up with rules that are actually fair for all clubs and that don't have a bunch of loopholes in that can be exploited because they were written by idiots.

i doubt it, they seem to turn a blind eye to the bigger clubs in this country

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

of course they are

"We share the frustrations of the Premier League. It cannot be right that Clubs potentially escape the scrutiny of the agreed rules and sanctions due to movement across the divisions."

Absolutely no acknowledgement that the reason we've escaped charge is due to there awfully written rules. 

• Like 3