Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Premier League cannot take action against the club for exceeding the relevant PSR threshold

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Maybe it was all a plan to get relegated, knowing we’d breach but get away with it on a technicality, having a season on loan in the championship to avoid it all. 

What happens if we get relegated - does the EFL get to deduct points for 23/24 breach of their rules or do we argue we were back in PL @ 30/6/24 & therefore outside of EFL jurisdiction & then we keep yoyoing until PSR removed 😉 

So it seems that without intending for this to be the case, relegation  effectively makes any psr sanction redundant and unenforceable.

so relegation becomes sanction enough for breaking psr rules. 

you'd think that the PL will be going through our accounts to June 30 2024 with a fine toothcomb now!   Desperately trying to find that we’ve exceeded allowable losses.  No way are we getting the cost of mars bars for the women’s team through ! 

• Like 2

Just now, les-tah said:

has anyone conclusively answered the question..

does it mean that no points deduction from last season 

or

just 1 points deduction from the season we got relegated 

Last season - not known yet

relegation season - no deduction (unless the PL employ nick demarco to find a way around out appeal win) 

This is almost certainly going to put a target on the club's back moving forward from both the PL and the EFL, so we better have our shit in order.

I'd be amazed if the PL + EFL didn't announce a rule change this season to allow enforcement of spending laws in each other's divisons - else this loophole will keep being exploited.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Will PL appeal this latest decision? 

Just now, Adster said:

Can they appeal and appeal? 

Short answer is "almost certainly not." 

I think the Premier League would have also said in their statement of which course of action they would pursue now if there was one. 

• Like 2

Just now, les-tah said:

has anyone conclusively answered the question..

does it mean that no points deduction from last season 

or

just 1 points deduction from the season we got relegated 

Right so my extremely reductive understanding of it is we went down to the championship and successfully appealed points deduction based on it being a different league, we then got promoted and the premier league tried to get us for it and we appealed based on being in a different league seems to me that the big brains at the premier league hadn't factored in legally what happens when a side gets relegated.

18 minutes ago, Bilo said:

A pity this didn't come out a fortnight ago, as I'm sure we wouldn't have had the problems with recruitment that we had when we had a points deduction hanging over us.

I believe the outcome was delayed to after the close of the window intentionally.

• Like 1