Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

What next for Leicester City's PSR case with points deduction still possible

My understanding is that we knew we’d be in breach for the last 3 year cycle ie 20/21, 21/22, 22/23.  
We’ve managed to avoid the charge for that 3 year cycle, due to being relegated in summer 2023.

We’re going to submit accounts for 23/24, along with all the other PL teams, this December.  Then they will look at the previous 3 years ie 21/22, 22/23, 23/24.

We think we’re Ok for 23/24 because we sold KDH and Maresca. 
We should be Ok for 22/23, because summer 2022 was when we barely spent any money, leading to Rodgers having a big strop. 
So I suppose it may come down to how bad 21/22 was.

EPL are going to do a mid season review like the EFL attempted, but its another flawed rule, as players can be sold after end of the season.

The sport really needs an independent regulator, what we are witnessing is the result of a mess when clubs themselves design the rules, of course most clubs will be self interests as priority.

In my mind a independent regulator would never make a spending limit based on revenue as it is unsporting, they also wouldnt be doing things based on emotions but instead on legal reality.

UEFA also are renaming their rules, as they have realised it is nothing to do with fair play.

Most other sports that have spending restrictions apply the same rules to every competitor.  As an example in F1, the richest teams had to make huge cuts, as they were not based on revenue.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

My understanding is that we knew we’d be in breach for the last 3 year cycle ie 20/21, 21/22, 22/23.  
We’ve managed to avoid the charge for that 3 year cycle, due to being relegated in summer 2023.

We’re going to submit accounts for 23/24, along with all the other PL teams, this December.  Then they will look at the previous 3 years ie 21/22, 22/23, 23/24.

We should be Ok for 22/23, because summer 2022 was when we barely spent any money, leading to Rodgers having a big strop. 

it’s reported that we failed to 23/23 @ 129m 

so for the year to June 24 we need to find savings to bring the running loss below 83m.  That’s 46m.better than where we were. 

But remember that the income from parachute will be around 35m lower than what we took the previous season. So that’s crudely 81m 

commercial and match day income will also be down. 
salaries will be markedly lower unless we had a bonus agreement to refund  most of thatdrop in the event that we bounced back 

I think it’s going to be very close. 

37 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Surely the past 3 cycle is now irrelevant, when it has been found that we didn’t breach the rules in 22/23, meaning that there is a year missing from the cycle and cycle is effectively incomplete and irrelevant???

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

so for the year to June 24 we need to find savings to bring the running loss below 83m.  That’s 46m.better than where we were. 

But remember that the income from parachute will be around 35m lower than what we took the previous season. So that’s crudely 81m 

salaries will be markedly lower unless we had a bonus agreement to refund  most of thatdrop in the event that we bounced back 

Must be close as the club wouldn't even fork out a small transfer fee for Sensei.

That said, I can't accept the club really is so incompetent that it would actually breach.

42 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Must be close as the club wouldn't even fork out a small transfer fee for Sensei.

That said, I can't accept the club really is so incompetent that it would actually breach.

Hmm. I don’t think the club wanted Sensei once Milan started to play silly buggers. Not sure they really wanted him before that. Very much an Enzo ego trip. 

52 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

We choose not to as he hand a ankle issue, Inter want more money then we want to pay due to the risk associated with the player.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

The sport really needs an independent regulator, what we are witnessing is the result of a mess when clubs themselves design the rules, of course most clubs will be self interests as priority.

OFFOOT would be as ineffective as OFGEM, OFWAT and all the rest. There's a lot wrong with top flight football and the distribution of cash etc but I can't see that a regulator would be anything more than another ineffectual sheriff - like the PFA or supporters trust - to get annoyed with when they fail to stop clubs doing exactly what they want

56 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

There's nothing from our actions in the last 3 or 4 years that would convince me we're remotely competent.

Our finest transfer in that time has been employing De Marco, we just seem to have spent our time hoping the issue would go away.

1 hour ago, dave12 said:

Surely the past 3 cycle is now irrelevant, when it has been found that we didn’t breach the rules in 22/23, meaning that there is a year missing from the cycle and cycle is effectively incomplete and irrelevant???

Didn’t breach the rules because they’re so poorly written, and did not overspend are two very different things!

We didn’t argue we didn’t overspend, so that period will certainly become involved.

The other bit that i think is quite important, we made a lot of effort to reduce our spend following relegation, didn’t sign anyone in Jan, didn’t replace Casadei, sold Maddison, Barnes, KDH, lost Maresca, didn’t resign Fatawu, Ndidi until post July 1.

How many £ms of wages left as free agents?

We had high wages coming down, that whilst there were cuts, we couldn’t do much about the wages we were left with - it’s not as if we increased the contracts.

We made a lot of effort to get there. If we hadn’t have pissed off the PL/EFL, I would be comfortable. These accounts are going to take forever and a day, they’ll be reviewing them very closely to find a way to get something to stick.

The other part is I’m not sure there actually any punishment until we drop back down.

3 minutes ago, Wiggy Fox said:

You should make a big tifo of that for the Everton game 

Make another one with the names of the independent panel on it and thank you! Anyway those names will be published or does that remain private? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ACF said:

Didn’t breach the rules because they’re so poorly written, and did not overspend are two very different things!

We didn’t argue we didn’t overspend, so that period will certainly become involved.

The other bit that i think is quite important, we made a lot of effort to reduce our spend following relegation, didn’t sign anyone in Jan, didn’t replace Casadei, sold Maddison, Barnes, KDH, lost Maresca, didn’t resign Fatawu, Ndidi until post July 1.

How many £ms of wages left as free agents?

We had high wages coming down, that whilst there were cuts, we couldn’t do much about the wages we were left with - it’s not as if we increased the contracts.

We made a lot of effort to get there. If we hadn’t have pissed off the PL/EFL, I would be comfortable. These accounts are going to take forever and a day, they’ll be reviewing them very closely to find a way to get something to stick.

The other part is I’m not sure there actually any punishment until we drop back down.

Punishment for 3 years ending June 24 ( if we have failed) will be dealt with by PL as we are a PL club as at 30 June 24 and points deduction will be made this season. Now we have Rejoined “club” we comply with new rules and our PSR calculation needs to be with PL by December this year ( as with all20 clubs) and punishments handed out around Feb 25. 

soak it up peeps, they wont doing anything else this season, if anything it will be next and they will try. but sod em

i've been bombarded with cheating bin dipper messages since the news came out from florist scum, so they are trying to tell me that if they found a loophole to avoid points deduction they would use it ? absolute b****cks, w@nkers!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. The clubs transfer behaviour before the end of the accounting period suggest they were aware of how close these figures were before the end of the accounting period. However it just worries me that they had the wrong target figure.