Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

What next for Leicester City's PSR case with points deduction still possible

I just hope our accounts for last season are 100% legit without any loopholes etc.

KDH was sold after the 30th June deadline, just hope the Premier League don't rule unfavorably against us because of this, we've well and truly pissed the ****wits off.

Edited by trooky

7 minutes ago, trooky said:

I just hope our accounts for last season are 100% legit without any loopholes etc.

KDH was sold after the 30th June deadline, just hope the Premier League don't rule unfavorably against us because of this, we've well and truly pissed the ****wits off.

I thought the deal was done just before June 30th?  I remember at the time thinking we'd done it just in time

29 minutes ago, trooky said:

21 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I thought the deal was done just before June 30th?  I remember at the time thinking we'd done it just in time

Chelsea announced it on 2nd July. Might have signed before.

19 hours ago, Ricey said:

This is significant from the Athletic article:

image.thumb.png.e85c425b24a419c0285a8b41eb8b1e25.png

The club must have been confident of the outcome that has occurred. Whilst the two scenarios and the financials needed for both are somewhat different, we must have been switched on to this. I suppose if we were confident of the 22/23 outcome and the saving in points deduction it was likely to yield, we may well view the 23/24 penalty if there is one to be less and that was the worthwhile end result.

Only issue there is, we still aren't 100% sure if the EFL have grounds to now take on trying to hit us for 22/23, where the possibilities would be either a fine or a deferred points deduction when we're next in the EFL?

So many uncertainties and all very messy.

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

It was certainly reported before start of July, so I am inclined to think they just delayed the announcement which clubs often do.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

No one will know until accounts are published.  However, to do that deal we must have needed it in the books by end June. Otherwise why bother until the end of this season?? 

• Like 1

Im not seeing again how we can be judged when not in the PL last year.Pretty sure these rules were put in place thinking of the regular top teams disregarding the yo yo group at the time they were drafted. Pity they dont get active against the target group

From the BBC reporting on the ManC hearing. Reading that I would think that LCFC would be claiming costs after winning it's case ?

BBC News - Man City hearing: Premier League 115 charges case begins - BBC Sport
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c1d7drg10nwo

What about legal costs?

This specific case is six years in the making, so legal fees on both sides are already estimated at tens of millions of pounds before the hearing even starts.

Expect whichever side 'wins' to make a claim for costs.

For context, the Premier League wanted Everton to pay the full £4.9m legal costs of their first PSR six-point deduction case from last season. Everton's lawyer Celia Rooney told the appeal that those figures were “frankly eye-watering”.

However, an appeal board ruled Everton should pay £1.7m and the Premier League cover the remaining £3.2m legal fees.

Any costs being paid by the Premier League at the end of the City case would have to be spread across the 20 clubs which make up the league."

Any costs being paid by the Premier League at the end of the City case would have to be spread across the 20 clubs which make up the league."

Oh, so now it makes sense. The case will be so big with the 115 charges, plus Man City cobbing the finest lawyers an unlimited supply of crude oil will buy, that when the lawyer bill comes in it turns out every club has failed PSR, because lawyers charge hundreds per hour just to read an email then not do anything about it, and the prem have been investigating for years. So Man City still win the title because we all end up with a points deduction. lol