Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Decision by the Appeal Board brings huge relief for Leicester City fans

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Not sure if brings the fans a huge sense of relief to be honest. We broke the rules and got lucky with a loophole. 

If the club wasn't ran by absolute amateurs we wouldn't be having these conversations. 

My sigh of relief will come when these jokers leave.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Pack this mentality in and put the magnifying glass directly on the people responsible. Namely the board room at LCFC.

It's their incompetence that we're in a situation where we're employing extremely expensive lawyers to find loopholes in rules we know we broke.

We are in this position because Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, Apichet Srivaddhanaprabha, Susan Whelan, Kevin Davies, Jon Rudkin et al have royally ****ed up.

It has nothing to do with the Premier League or the EFL and we'll be doomed to make the same mistakes again if we don't point the blame and make changes with the people that caused them.

I think as coming on to say similar but it is a bit of both isn’t it.

We well overspent and changed strategy to our detriment however had the PSR rules not been in place we would have bought a replacement for Kasper and strengthened the squad meaning we wouldn’t have got relegated.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

You need to be writing to the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport about this issue. Immediately. 

Write to our local MPs too.

The Premier League has humiliated themselves and made a football regulator far more likely.

We are in a truly unique situation as a football club compared to any other; the PSR has directly turned us from a thriving club, one competing fairly at the top of the league repeatedly, winning trophies and competing at the high end of European competitions, to one of artificial financial chaos and our name being dragged through the mud.

Both the Premier League and the EFL have repeatedly broken their own rules and possibly the law in just this one issue. We have been treated disgracefully. 

A football regulator is now inevitable.

You need to get ahead of the game and represent our interests when this happens.

Now.

OMG Foxes trust, please do not do any of this. Please do not humiliate us further in the footballing world. 

We are a monument to incompetence, we got a very lucky break. Let's forget about it and start again, with real people in charge!

12 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It’s incompetence with regards to poor transfer activity and wages offered out to players. However if Daka, Soumare ect… had turned out good players worth what we are paying and we’d stayed up comfortably and qualified for Europe we’d still be in this position as villa and newcastle are now finding out. The rules are a restriction to being competive and are absolutely in need of challenging and changing.

By all means go after the club for what they’ve done wrong or poorly but don’t let psr hide behind that. 

12 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

I think as coming on to say similar but it is a bit of both isn’t it.

We well overspent and changed strategy to our detriment however had the PSR rules not been in place we would have bought a replacement for Kasper and strengthened the squad meaning we wouldn’t have got relegated.

Ifs, buts and maybes.

Focus on what happened.

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

OMG Foxes trust, please do not do any of this. Please do not humiliate us further in the footballing world. 

We are a monument to incompetence, we got a very lucky break. Let's forget about it and start again, with real people in charge!

The Premier League does need an independent regulator but Leicester fans have much more important concerns to deal with closer to home.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Ifs, buts and maybes.

Focus on what happened.

OK, fine. We didn't breach, as found by the ruling. 

But you'll find my post focuses on both sides of the situation, the incompetence of the club and the restrictive rules in place holding clubs in false positions financially. 

You seen to have let your anger towards the club only focus on their wrongdoings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

You need to be writing to the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport about this issue. Immediately. 

Write to our local MPs too.

The Premier League has humiliated themselves and made a football regulator far more likely.

We are in a truly unique situation as a football club compared to any other; the PSR has directly turned us from a thriving club, one competing fairly at the top of the league repeatedly, winning trophies and competing at the high end of European competitions, to one of artificial financial chaos and our name being dragged through the mud.

Both the Premier League and the EFL have repeatedly broken their own rules and possibly the law in just this one issue. We have been treated disgracefully. 

A football regulator is now inevitable.

You need to get ahead of the game and represent our interests when this happens.

Now.

Getting relegated with the 7th biggest wage bill in the league wasn't the fault of PSR. Hope that helps.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

1*0MapsvuGf-8saH85OEG8aw.png

If you can't have a discussion about it then fine.

If you read what I put you'll see I'm not disagreeing with you regarding the club. I'm also saying psr is restrictive and prevents competition but I guess you're fine with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Pack this mentality in and put the magnifying glass directly on the people responsible. Namely the board room at LCFC.

It's their incompetence that we're in a situation where we're employing extremely expensive lawyers to find loopholes in rules we know we broke.

We are in this position because Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, Apichet Srivaddhanaprabha, Susan Whelan, Kevin Davies, Jon Rudkin et al have royally ****ed up.

It has nothing to do with the Premier League or the EFL and we'll be doomed to make the same mistakes again if we don't point the blame and make changes with the people that caused them.

Kevin Davies: A Celebration of 800 League Appearances - Lion Of Vienna Suite

What did he do!?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

If you can't have a discussion about it then fine.

If you read what I put you'll see I'm not disagreeing with you regarding the club. I'm also saying psr is restrictive and prevents competition but I guess you're fine with that.

We've gone from a position of real strength to floundering with a  squad worth absolutely nothing in 3 years time because the board has completely failed.

You can blame the rules they voted in favour of all you like. The club was relegated with the 7th highest wage bill and here we are now with nothing to show for it having sold all of our saleable assets to make sure we don't make further massive losses.

If the rules did stifle competition as much as you claim then why are Aston Villa in the Champions League when we were each in the same boat in October 2022? They decided to act and sack their underperforming manager while we floundered and did nothing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

it's both

I’ve given the Board a lot of stick from the start of this and agree that they still have a lot to answer for, but I will add, whoever made the decision to switch the Accounting Period to end of June, is a genius! I wonder whether we were speaking with that Lawyer as early as last season to exploit that gap in the Rules.

Absolutely love what we’ve done there, and the EPL should be thanking us for highlighting the gaps in their Rules.

the EPL and EFL statements I’ve read are pathetic quite frankly, and inparticular the EPL’s statement is filled with hypocrisy, talking about integrity … when they havent penalised any of the Rich 6 yet … let’s see what integrity looks like in the EPL’s eyes with Man City and I assume Chelsea at some point …?

• Like 1

The absolute rank hypocrisy of the Premier League bleating on about rules being applied in the way they are intended on THE SAME DAY they approve Chelsea's PSR calculations based on the sale of hotels to a sister company for £76.5m in order to avoid PSR sanctions!

I'm not quite sure if it's all deliberate and the PL intend for the big clubs to be able to use loopholes and their networks to avoid sanctions, or there is just a total lack of self-awareness and intelligence in their statements and actions.