Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Decision by the Appeal Board brings huge relief for Leicester City fans

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

OK, fine. We didn't breach, as found by the ruling. 

But you'll find my post focuses on both sides of the situation, the incompetence of the club and the restrictive rules in place holding clubs in false positions financially. 

You seen to have let your anger towards the club only focus on their wrongdoings.

Breached by £20 million plus has declared in the commission’s report.  

It was the Premier League’s extent of jurisdiction what overturned the allegation. 

Important distinction for me 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

The absolute rank hypocrisy of the Premier League bleating on about rules being applied in the way they are intended on THE SAME DAY they approve Chelsea's PSR calculations based on the sale of hotels to a sister company for £76.5m in order to avoid PSR sanctions!

I'm not quite sure if it's all deliberate and the PL intend for the big clubs to be able to use loopholes and their networks to avoid sanctions, or there is just a total lack of self-awareness and intelligence in their statements and actions.

I do not think it's that sinister. Everyone seems to get hyped up about some perceived big 6 plot, but don't they have more resources to counter sloppily drafted rules? As has been shown by us this week, if you have resources and a legal team worth a few grand an hour, you can exploit weaknesses in corporate drafting.

Chelsea got the hotel deal through, they will close that loophole soon enough. I am sure they are actively working to close our loophole down.

Big clubs are clever, Villa and Newcastle are at threat of breaching the rules. So they devised that big money laundering ring at the start of summer and swapped a load of players around with Chelsea also involved. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Ifs, buts and maybes.

Focus on what happened.

You can focus on what happened, but also focus on why it happened and that’s 2 reasons

1- incompetence from the club around spending, wages, and calculation of budgets.

2- the restrictions placed by the rules meaning that clubs can’t spend money they have available to them.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Pack this mentality in and put the magnifying glass directly on the people responsible. Namely the board room at LCFC.

It's their incompetence that we're in a situation where we're employing extremely expensive lawyers to find loopholes in rules we know we broke.

We are in this position because Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, Apichet Srivaddhanaprabha, Susan Whelan, Kevin Davies, Jon Rudkin et al have royally ****ed up.

It has nothing to do with the Premier League or the EFL and we'll be doomed to make the same mistakes again if we don't point the blame and make changes with the people that caused them.

I've said repeatedly on this forum that the club are culpable for a lot of things and Rudkin's position is untenable.

But to claim they are solely responsible when we've just proven, and they've just admitted, that their rules are very, very poorly written, is palpably absurd. 

This has EVERYTHING to do with the Premier League and the EFL.

The thing that you're actually blaming the board for, is poor management, which is fair enough, but that was their poor reaction to very poor, anti-competitive rules implemented by demonstrably incompetent leagues.

You can't accuse others of burying their head in the sand about the club's culpability while simultaneously burying your head in the sand about the root cause of the issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm not relieved.

The club is shit, lost its soul and continues to overcharge for everything it does. The club's ownership and management is woeful and needs to leave. The Trust continues to be a wet rag flapping in the breeze while a fire is raging.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I've said repeatedly on this forum that the club are culpable for a lot of things and Rudkin's position is untenable.

But to claim they are solely responsible when we've just proven, and they've just admitted, that their rules are very, very poorly written, is palpably absurd. 

This has EVERYTHING to do with the Premier League and the EFL.

The thing that you're actually blaming the board for, is poor management, which is fair enough, but that was their poor reaction to very poor, anti-competitive rules implemented by demonstrably incompetent leagues.

You can't accuse others of burying their head in the sand about the club's culpability while simultaneously burying your head in the sand about the root cause of the issue. 

The cause of the issue is the incompetence of the board. Baffling that you could point the finger anywhere else.

Years and years of failure off the pitch.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The cause of the issue is the incompetence of the board. Baffling that you could point the finger anywhere else.

Years and years of failure off the pitch.

Three years of failure at best. For which the club is culpable. As I've said.

Before that we were thriving - Top 3 for 2 seasons till the last day, European regulars including the Europa Conference semi-final, FA Cup and Community Shield wins.

What changed?

The introduction of tighter PSR rules.

Which:

- Everton and Forest have already been punished for breaking.

- Villa and Newcastle have had to reign in their spending and make questionable deals to avoid breaking it, despite actually qualifying for the Champions League.

- Man Utd and Chelsea have been given extreme flexibility available to nobody else in order to comply.

- And which the Premier League themselves admitted to the independent panel were poorly written before the said independent panel found in our favour.

Stop looking at just 50% of the problem. (it's actually more like 20%)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

No, what happened is we bought too much absolute shit and gave them monumental contracts they hadn't earned. PSR didn't make us buy Soumare, Daka, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Castagne, Silva, Perez, Praet, Faes, Souttar, Kristiansen etc. Nor did it force us to hand eye watering contracts to the likes of Choudhury or Justin.

Absolutely nothing to do with PSR. Entirely to do with the incompetence of our board.

Why do these people also conveniently forget that had we not been relegated we'd have been slapped with a points deduction. We wouldn't have skipped through the loophole. The money was still wasted on crap, it was still wasted entrusting Brendan and his gang with more control.

To shoulder the blame almost entirely on PSR is the biggest get-out clause for the incompetence, and it'll get us absolutely nowhere. Though our owners will love it. Slide that blame elsewhere.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Why do these people also conveniently forget that had we not been relegated we'd have been slapped with a points deduction. We wouldn't have skipped through the loophole. The money was still wasted on crap, it was still wasted entrusting Brendan and his gang with more control.

To shoulder the blame almost entirely on PSR is the biggest get-out clause for the incompetence, and it'll get us absolutely nowhere. Though our owners will love it. Slide that blame elsewhere.

I imagine we would’ve pushed for Barnes to leave before the deadline like we did with Maddison if we hadn’t been relegated so we would comply (sold for £38m and we needed £25m to comply)

But then that would’ve likely put us in the shit for this next period

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

No, what happened is we bought too much absolute shit and gave them monumental contracts they hadn't earned. PSR didn't make us buy Soumare, Daka, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Castagne, Silva, Perez, Praet, Faes, Souttar, Kristiansen etc. Nor did it force us to hand eye watering contracts to the likes of Choudhury or Justin.

Absolutely nothing to do with PSR. Entirely to do with the incompetence of our board.

Again, I've said the club is culpable for a hell of a lot. Rudkin's worst failing (out of many) is getting players out of the door.

But the irony of your argument is that we could have gone with better targets but we couldn't afford to.

Because of PSR.

2021 Vestegaard was a panic buy because a week before the season started Fofana suffered an injury from a malicious tackle and we couldn't replace him like for like because of PSR.

2022 Faes was a last-minute buy because Fofana forced his way out at the end of the window and we couldn't replace him like for like, because of PSR.

We couldn't keep or replace Kasper like for like because of PSR.

We couldn't afford Lookman because of PSR. 

We literally couldn't sign anyone in 2022 because of PSR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Again, I've said the club is culpable for a hell of a lot. Rudkin's worst failing (out of many) is getting players out of the door.

But the irony of your argument is that we could have gone with better targets but we couldn't afford to.

Because of PSR.

2021 Vestegaard was a panic buy because a week before the season started Fofana suffered an injury from a malicious tackle and we couldn't replace him like for like because of PSR.

2022 Faes was a last-minute buy because Fofana forced his way out at the end of the window and we couldn't replace him like for like, because of PSR.

stressed-stressed-out.gif

Surely this is a wind up?

Why do you think we couldn't afford to sign a Kasper replacement or Lookman etc?

Might it be because our DoF had signed off on dozens of horrible deals plunging the club into making monumental losses?

PSR didn't make us spend our budgets on the tripe that we signed up. We pissed HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS up the wall on footballers that are or were utter shite.

• Like 2

The only relief I will have is seeing meaningful change within the club.

Escaping a deserved points deduction on a loophole caused in the main by being relegated is nothing to be pleased about.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Because of PSR.

Again, these people run a huge global business. Players get injured, have contingency plans in place. I bet you'd be the first to dismiss any other premier league club crying because a player got injured lol. 

Players leave clubs on the last day of the transfer window, have contingency plans.

When goalkeepers want to move on and make more money they leave, guess what...have contingency plans.

This all smacks of an adult baby at my work, bloke is in his 30s. Always got some excuse! I got covid, sprained an ankle, traffic, road closures, the dog is ill, missed my train, don't have enough money to buy a new phone, laptop broke, fridge stopped working, package delivery is late..... Any excuse to avoid saying he is simply INCOMPETENT and cannot organise sufficiently himself like an adult.

On 05/09/2024 at 10:21, Vlad the Fox said:

If you can't have a discussion about it then fine.

If you read what I put you'll see I'm not disagreeing with you regarding the club. I'm also saying psr is restrictive and prevents competition but I guess you're fine with that.

Are you fine with the club being loaded with hundreds of million pounds worth of debt??

We shouldn't really need a rule to say that spending tens of millions more than you're earning every year isn't a great business plan. If KP had that kind of money for Rudkin to throw away on more overpaid players (even though we aren't able to shift the existing ones from the budget) then I'm fairly sure the construction work would have been started by now.

On 05/09/2024 at 16:37, urban.spaceman said:

Because of PSR.

I get what you are saying and the rules are a sack of uncompetitive shit.

But, I think our own failings are on the club. I strongly believe we could have remained competitive on the pitch whilst complying with the albeit crap rules, if we had spent wisely and paid sensible wages. 

It’s the wages that have killed us. We never appear very high on net spend charts. And that obviously has been the factor preventing us from moving our unwanted players on. 

We breached the silly rules.

We all know we breached the silly rules.

Some of us don’t like the silly rules. 

End of story and we are just a hot mess due to the silly rules. 

3 hours ago, Sly said:

We breached the silly rules.

We all know we breached the silly rules.

Some of us don’t like the silly rules. 

End of story and we are just a hot mess due to the silly rules. 

We might appear to be a hot mess, but fortunately our owners' willingness to write off debt by converting it to equity means we're not in a mess, financially speaking. Our overall debt is not unmanageable and we will make a profit for 2023/24 - possibly even enough profit to avoid another PSR charge. If we manage to stay up this season and avoid making repeating past mistakes with player salaries, we won't be in terrible shape at all. 

• Like 3

On 05/09/2024 at 16:44, AKCJ said:

stressed-stressed-out.gif

Surely this is a wind up?

Why do you think we couldn't afford to sign a Kasper replacement or Lookman etc?

Might it be because our DoF had signed off on dozens of horrible deals plunging the club into making monumental losses?

PSR didn't make us spend our budgets on the tripe that we signed up. We pissed HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS up the wall on footballers that are or were utter shite.

There is a middle ground here; yes, there were clear mistakes in recruitment. But it was then compounded by the looming introduction of the new PSR rules, which meant we needed to cut our wage budgets by 30% if we ever wanted to compete in Europe (we were in it at the time, so we had to change). I don't think it does any good to pretend either side of it wasn't an issue. 

• Like 2

On 05/09/2024 at 08:09, 420Hashish said:

Getting us relegated to avoid PSR issues. He's done it again! 

hq720.jpg

But if he didn’t choke CL qualification for 2 seasons running and if he didn’t allow the downfall the two seasons thereafter, despite the squad being so much better than the one now

and despite having the most expensive squad to ever be relegated in EPL history, we could have also avoided PSR issues.

Or maybe not. In any event, no club would wish to be relegated and go into a downward spiral, just to avoid PSR issues. The downward spiral could multiple PSR issues tenfold.

The PSR are designed to keep you down and stamp upon you while you are down. Look at the likes of the clubs that have gone before us - relegated, financial trouble, PSR rules means you are further penalised and so create more financial and performance issues, which in turn create further PSR penalties … until you go bankrupt.

I think if you get relegated and are in financial troubles, naturally you would need to cut back etc and you don’t need to be penalized further.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Just as a separate note - appreciate for a moment the club and the owners did lose millions year after year. Can’t really blame the owners for not putting money in because they have.

That’s part and parcel of owning a football club at this level. It’s more of a vanity project and I think we can all agree we’d not heard of King Power, Singa beer or any of the dodgy finance companies we’ve endorsed since then. 

Football at the top level, is one massive PR machine for things like this due to the exposure it provides.