Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Will FFP decision affect our performances ?

Just thinking ahead here. In 2016 we became to the most popular 'neutral' fans favourite football in the world and built a bigger fan base. I had friends who supported other clubs buying Leicester shirts and going to the celebrations in the park !

Has this decision now made us the bad boys of British football ? Does everyone suddenly hate us ?

Are we going to get booed every time we walk on the pitch ? Could that affect the players ?  Are teams now going to want to beat us more and punish us  ?

We may be 6 or so points better off but it might come back to bite us in the bum !

Your thoughts..

2 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

Just thinking ahead here. In 2016 we became to the most popular 'neutral' fans favourite football in the world and built a bigger fan base. I had friends who supported other clubs buying Leicester shirts and going to the celebrations in the park !

Has this decision now made us the bad boys of British football ? Does everyone suddenly hate us ?

Are we going to get booed every time we walk on the pitch ? Could that affect the players ?  Are teams now going to want to beat us more and punish us  ?

We may be 6 or so points better off but it might come back to bite us in the bum !

Your thoughts..

Probably by Forest and Everton fans, Liverpool hate us too for other reasons. Apart from that no-one else will probably care.

Good to see its wound Cov up

12 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We've only played 5th placed and 4th placed Spurs and Villa at home so far. We were right to prioritise a more defensive setup in those games. 

I really don't understand why people seem to be extrapolating the setup in those two games as if that's how he'll set up in each and every game. We haven't even played a fixture with El Khanous and Edouard integrated into the squad yet

Let's hope you're right.

• Like 1

Obviously Forest, Everton and Cov fans have their own agendas. 

Entitled 6 probably don’t care. Newcastle seem actively pleased. Villa probably similar.

Ipswich thought we cheated last year so probably pissed too. Maybe Southampton as well but these teams also have their own agenda as they will want us to have a deduction for their own prospects not the principle of it.

Id be interested in how the likes of Brighton, West Ham feel. Unlikely to be involved at the bottom so not personal vested bias and also no issues between the club.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We've only played 5th placed and 4th placed Spurs and Villa at home so far. We were right to prioritise a more defensive setup in those games. 

I really don't understand why people seem to be extrapolating the setup in those two games as if that's how he'll set up in each and every game. We haven't even played a fixture with El Khanous and Edouard integrated into the squad yet

I think because his so called 'defensive' set up is anything but! You could play 11 centre halves but it doesn't mean it will be effective defensively. 

Whilst the expression 'the best form of defence is attack' isn't entirely true, there some merit in it and a halfway house solution is called for.

Cooper's supposed defensive set ups offer no threat whatsoever, therefore opposition teams can afford to swarm forward and have absolutely no fear of retribution. 

On the other extreme, if you remember when under Ranieri, when we conceded a corner, instead of stuffing all of our players in our own box, wherein if the ball got cleared, it would only come back again, he used to leave one player in midfield with Vardy and Marhez on the half way line! That in itself induced uncertainty in the opposition. It made them keep at least 4 players back which very effectively reduced their threat. Vardy and Marhez were never going to be much use anyway in their own penalty area were they!

By leaving Ndidi out and playing Buonanotte who is comfortable on the ball and willing to attack players, by replacing Reid with Mavididi, we then have a threat on the left and right flanks plus Vardy and Buonanotte. As long as Mavididi and Fatawu conscientiously share defensive duties, we've already given the opposition far more to worry about! This to me equals more chance of scoring and less chance of conceding. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marcymarc666 said:

Your thoughts..

I don't think so, I think most reasonable fans of other clubs know that fsp is ridiculous and un competitive and are pleased someone has shown it up for how ridiculous it is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I don't think so, I think most reasonable fans of other clubs know that fsp is ridiculous and un competitive and are pleased someone has shown it up for how ridiculous it is.

Yeah, for many fans outside the top 6 clubs, it's very much, "there, but for the grace of God, go us."

The removal of the threat of a points deduction will surely improve morale within the squad. Suddenly, the players' sole objective for the season has become much more achievable. It will be a massive boost for them to know that their fate is entirely in their own hands.

Opposition fans of some clubs may chant about it, we may even get booed, but I don't think that will affect us negatively. If anything, it will spur our own fans to get behind the team even more. For most of last season the atmosphere at the KP lacked a bit of bite. I think it will be much better this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think because his so called 'defensive' set up is anything but! You could play 11 centre halves but it doesn't mean it will be effective defensively. 

Whilst the expression 'the best form of defence is attack' isn't entirely true, there some merit in it and a halfway house solution is called for.

Cooper's supposed defensive set ups offer no threat whatsoever, therefore opposition teams can afford to swarm forward and have absolutely no fear of retribution. 

On the other extreme, if you remember when under Ranieri, when we conceded a corner, instead of stuffing all of our players in our own box, wherein if the ball got cleared, it would only come back again, he used to leave one player in midfield with Vardy and Marhez on the half way line! That in itself induced uncertainty in the opposition. It made them keep at least 4 players back which very effectively reduced their threat. Vardy and Marhez were never going to be much use anyway in their own penalty area were they!

By leaving Ndidi out and playing Buonanotte who is comfortable on the ball and willing to attack players, by replacing Reid with Mavididi, we then have a threat on the left and right flanks plus Vardy and Buonanotte. As long as Mavididi and Fatawu conscientiously share defensive duties, we've already given the opposition far more to worry about! This to me equals more chance of scoring and less chance of conceding. 

And whos to say he won't do similar in future games, against non-Top 6 opposition? Buonanotte, El Khanous and Edouard will all be more integrated come Palace/Everton games. 

I imagine our midfield will be Winks, Skipp and El Khanous/Buonanotte more times than it will be Ndidi in their place. 

• Like 2

Everton's penalties last year galavnised the team and fans, with a back against the wall/siege mentality. 

If we've the weight off our shoulders it obviously could go either way, but the damage has already been done in terms of our transfer limitations, and a proportion of our grumble fans are unlikely to fickle their way back to allowing the team to make mistakes and try to turn into a cohesive squad.

Strange one to the original question, but it could have the opposite effect.

As a player at the start of the season you are probably thinking you need to get close to 50 points to stay up and not have your wages cut, but now you are probably looking at 10 less.

Also, there is no excuse now. If we go down, it’s purely because we are shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He was pretty cagey at Forest. Primarily 3 at the back, sat deep, terrible away form. 

His PL record from 59 games is

12 - 17 - 30 

59 scored and 105 conceded.

Now the comforting thing to do is say he had a mental squad at Forest (true) but he went cagey. We had the opposite of an overhaul at Leicester and he's still cagey. We've accumulated the 2nd lowest xG so far only ahead of Ipswich (genuinely difficult fixtures). Villa and Spurs are good sides but they're leaky. In fact Spurs, Villa and Fulham all conceded exactly 61 goals last season.

His sides are good for a goal a game, it's not the fixture list, it's just how he manages. It might work better now we don't have a deduction and we can afford to draw more games but when it looked like we'd need 45 points to stay up he was the wrong appointment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Your thoughts..

Hate us for what? Abiding by the rules as they are written?

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Once the narrative sets like concrete, you don't get folks in this place to change it. And most of them had decided on Cooper before he even got the job.

Not really. I know it's stupid bringing up 15/16 to make any kind of general or long-term point but plenty of people laughed Ranieri out of town over the summer when he was given the job, then everyone was completely in thrall by October. And that was after he'd reverted to a theoretically more defensive setup.

As ever results is the currency. I should have added earlier that I actually couldn't care less if he played 3 DMs at home and benched Pereira if we won. Even now If he keeps doing it but starts winning that's fine by me, in my eyes the ends justifies the means in football. Big if though.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Your thoughts..

don't have an opinion on whether we play better or worse now because of it

in regards to everyone suddenly hating  us. doubt that as many football fans see psr as a piss take to help the big six. we've almost stuck 2 fingers up to the likes of man city and chelsea and their antics. can see everton and forest (note i can write forest and don't need to right florist or f*rest ans i'm an adult) fans having the arse with us and getting radged up about it, but who cares what they think or say

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

This debate about how to set up is very difficult to land on either way. How does one prove that one set up has the best likelihood of a positive outcome than the other.

It's easy to say, if defensive football was the best avenue to getting results then all teams would do it. It's not as simple as that. 

It's fairly understandable that trying to frustrate teams who have the confidence to set up to attack with superior players might reap rewards because you sacrifice going forward and allowing them space for them to execute their prowess. But it very much depends on whether you the opponent are actually very good at doing that.

The criticism some of us have raised this season is not that for 3 games we've set up defensively but more the personnel we have used does not support the execution. For example vs Villa, we had more possession than them and whilst we selected 3 defensive midfielders, 1 of them played further forward. So we neither tried to stifle the opposition being utilising a low block nor did we look to attack with our best attackers and creators. We went for some weird middle ground and sadly paid the price.

I think it's the team selection rather than the tactics he's deploying that I'm struggling to understand. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Your thoughts..

Bring it on, I like being the bad boys of football. 🖕