Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Will FFP decision affect our performances ?

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This debate about how to set up is very difficult to land on either way. How does one prove that one set up has the best likelihood of a positive outcome than the other.

It's easy to say, if defensive football was the best avenue to getting results then all teams would do it. It's not as simple as that. 

It's fairly understandable that trying to frustrate teams who have the confidence to set up to attack with superior players might reap rewards because you sacrifice going forward and allowing them space for them to execute their prowess. But it very much depends on whether you the opponent are actually very good at doing that.

The criticism some of us have raised this season is not that for 3 games we've set up defensively but more the personnel we have used does not support the execution. For example vs Villa, we had more possession than them and whilst we selected 3 defensive midfielders, 1 of them played further forward. So we neither tried to stifle the opposition being utilising a low block nor did we look to attack with our best attackers and creators. We went for some weird middle ground and sadly paid the price.

I think it's the team selection rather than the tactics he's deploying that I'm struggling to understand. 

That's all fair enough and valid concerns. But what I don't get is seeing some questionable setups/tactics in 3 games and just blindly assuming that will continue for 35 more games 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

That's all fair enough and valid concerns. But what I don't get is seeing some questionable setups/tactics in 3 games and just blindly assuming that will continue for 35 more games 

Look at the comments from Forest fans re Cooper. It doesn’t make for good reading.

As soon as we actually won the league, the so called "neutral" fans, and a lot of the media, have been very keen to see us go back to obscurity. Our country is all about enjoying plucky losers, not winners. As soon as we won, the "narrative" shifts to waiting to see us fail. Put us back in our place.

We saw the response when we sacked Ranieri, the rest of the country wanted us to sit there and get relegated without doing anything. In fact, that would have made the story of us winning the league even better for them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Just thinking ahead here. In 2016 we became to the most popular 'neutral' fans favourite football in the world and built a bigger fan base. I had friends who supported other clubs buying Leicester shirts and going to the celebrations in the park !

Has this decision now made us the bad boys of British football ? Does everyone suddenly hate us ?

Are we going to get booed every time we walk on the pitch ? Could that affect the players ?  Are teams now going to want to beat us more and punish us  ?

We may be 6 or so points better off but it might come back to bite us in the bum !

Your thoughts..

Couldn't give a Fuch  Schitt we all love this club and now we are cleared of any wrong doings , maybe we can entice Graham Potter or another decent manager to join us at our amazing club but knowing us we’d probably go for Southgate !! :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Look at the comments from Forest fans re Cooper. It doesn’t make for good reading.

They have short memories (as do many of us), they forget he took them from bottom to promotion and laid the foundations for successive survivals with ownership that makes ours look shrewd. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Hmmmm.... I was sort of hoping that the points deduction would lead to Copper having to go for it. Now I feel like it's going to give him license to be more cautious for longer. 

Throw Hamza in and start with FOUR defensive midfielders!

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

And whos to say he won't do similar in future games, against non-Top 6 opposition? Buonanotte, El Khanous and Edouard will all be more integrated come Palace/Everton games. 

I imagine our midfield will be Winks, Skipp and El Khanous/Buonanotte more times than it will be Ndidi in their place. 

Let's hope so. Without a points deduction now, when comparing our squad with that of at least half of the teams in the Premier League, I do think that we've got enough decent players to have a good go at it. Positive managerial leadership and fight is vital though, merely being shrinking violets and hanging on for gtim death will just end badly. 

12 hours ago, ealingfox said:

We've still got a bargain basement manager who plays 3 DMs in a 4-3-3 at home and doesn't think Ricardo Pereira is in our best team, so far from out of the woods yet.

He is a pragmatic manager, so I dont think he will play the same way with the same players for the entire season.

Also he has had 3 games, 2 of them against spurs and villa.  That is no where near enough of an indicator of how things will pan out.

On FFP I think it may well uplift the players, hopefully thats the case.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

On 05/09/2024 at 12:15, volpeazzurro said:

I think because his so called 'defensive' set up is anything but! You could play 11 centre halves but it doesn't mean it will be effective defensively. 

Whilst the expression 'the best form of defence is attack' isn't entirely true, there some merit in it and a halfway house solution is called for.

Cooper's supposed defensive set ups offer no threat whatsoever, therefore opposition teams can afford to swarm forward and have absolutely no fear of retribution. 

On the other extreme, if you remember when under Ranieri, when we conceded a corner, instead of stuffing all of our players in our own box, wherein if the ball got cleared, it would only come back again, he used to leave one player in midfield with Vardy and Marhez on the half way line! That in itself induced uncertainty in the opposition. It made them keep at least 4 players back which very effectively reduced their threat. Vardy and Marhez were never going to be much use anyway in their own penalty area were they!

By leaving Ndidi out and playing Buonanotte who is comfortable on the ball and willing to attack players, by replacing Reid with Mavididi, we then have a threat on the left and right flanks plus Vardy and Buonanotte. As long as Mavididi and Fatawu conscientiously share defensive duties, we've already given the opposition far more to worry about! This to me equals more chance of scoring and less chance of conceding. 

I whole heartedly agree, and I think the majority of others would also.

Especially your personnel adjustments which seem to be a mirrored exactly again, by the majority.

Surely we all can't be wrong with this team selection train of though....so the question I'm asking is why can't Cooper? 

Once the aforementioned players eventually all make it on the pitch we look so much better for it.... again, why is Cooper also not seeing the improvement that we all do?

• Like 1

On 05/09/2024 at 14:46, Babylon said:

Hmmmm.... I was sort of hoping that the points deduction would lead to Copper having to go for it. Now I feel like it's going to give him license to be more cautious for longer. 

I think it will be opposite he can have a go more now we don’t have to wait and see if we was getting a points deduction

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think it will be opposite he can have a go more now we don’t have to wait and see if we was getting a points deduction

I hope you are right my friend..

But I have a horrible feeling he'll continue as is, and we will set up defensively, and minus our more influential players starting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

But I have a horrible feeling he'll continue as is, and we will set up defensively, and minus our more influential players starting.

I don’t think he will last long if that’s the case 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don’t think he will last long if that’s the case 

I agree..

Its only 3 games in and 2 of them against teams that maybe will be pushing for a European place of some sort, so I'm still standing by my original stand point when he was announced to  "give the guy a chance" for now. 

The next 5 games give us a realistic opportunity to pick up some wins, but if we still see the negative, defensive, hang on and hope to grab something set up I may start to question my stance....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I really don't think so, but even at the 2 home games there has been enough entertainment if not points from Cooper-ball compared to 2 Enzo-ball games.

Edited by foxinsox
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I really don't think so, but even at the 2 home games there has been enough entertainment if not points from Cooper-ball compared to 2 Enzo-ball games.

what did you find exciting about camping in our own box for half a match and refusing to attack?

• Like 3