Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Joel Matip

Would imagine his agent is pretty much throwing out every club's name possible to just whip up a bit of interest. 

I doubt we'd add to the squad at CB in the free transfer market without looking elsewhere first. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we do add someone to the squad on a free but Matip would be a shock. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Torten said:

Wouldn’t we only be able to register him in January anyway?

We still have until 13th September to submit our squad

So we could still sign someone like Matip available on a free and include them

• Like 2

33yrs old & since joining Liverpool has missed 140 games through injury which is more than the 133 (full lge matches) he's played in the 8 seasons at Liverpool, are people serious about taking him?

When 1 of the top 3 Qu's asks when you google him  "Is Matip still injured..." i think that says it all & i'm shocked its not a firm 'steer clear' given the battering other players we have signed or been linked with who were labelled sicknotes!

We would also need to match West Ham's offer of a 2yr deal + probably better wages than we would want to give, pure bloody madness to even think it.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

Ryan Bertrand played far more before joining us on a free, and that move has been subsequently panned by all and sundry because he got an injury that pretty much kept him out for his entire contract, but we weren't signing a particularly injury risky player at the time.  Yet people are ok with going for someone with a massively worse fitness record, who as said, has been injured more than he's been available, who has not played a competitive match in 2024 thanks to a cruciate injury. He's also a year older than Bertrand was. 

Do people just want him so we've got a new sicknote to moan about?

Edited by JimJams