Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gloria

Jeremy Monga

I've heard this young lads name mentioned a few times recently, but info is scant other than he's an excellent prospect.

So, what do we know about him? What stage is he at in his development? And what can the club do to avoid a potential Trey Nyoni situation?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gloria said:

I've heard this young lads name mentioned a few times recently, but info is scant other than he's an excellent prospect.

So, what do we know about him? What stage is he at in his development? And what can the club do to avoid a potential Trey Nyoni situation?

He's talked about in here:-

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gloria said:

Just in case other clubs are doing some research, he’s completely overrated. Don’t get excited he’s not our next hope and saviour.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scotch said:

He's supposed to be the real deal so there is absolutely no point in getting excited. One of the big boys will come and snap him up for peanuts before he gets anywhere near the first team. 

Also there’s no way Cooper will play him until he’s at the end of his career. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Surely a way to avoid them being poached is to give players like this first team minutes in cup games? Realistically we’re not going to win a cup, so why not give them 15-20 mins here and there. 

Wash your mouth out! FNQ!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Surely a way to avoid them being poached is to give players like this first team minutes in cup games? Realistically we’re not going to win a cup, so why not give them 15-20 mins here and there. 

I’m not sure that would aid the cause. 😀

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gloria said:

And what can the club do to avoid a potential Trey Nyoni situation?

Absolutely feck all.

Like any player, if he don't want to sign a new contract we can't do anything.

Yet people will slag of certain people at the club if this happens. I'd love to know what those people would do to make someone sign a new contract.

But the answer will be SELL HIM.

Problem is you need a club that 

a, wants them

b, willing to pay for them

c, the player is willing to go to said club

36 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Except of course, we can't sell him.

He could go to a different academy at the end of the season and we get a fixed rate of compensation.  Probably couple hundred K in his case. 

with his profile and playing at U21 level already, we would hope to keep him at least until we can expect a much higher compensation claim (as per nyoni when it eventually happens). I presume that means him signing as a 16 y o ??    

a lot of what happens with him will depend on his family and which agency they  choose. (And of course the player who could go in any direction on many levels ( mentally), given his tender age). 

Edited by st albans fox

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

Absolutely feck all.

Like any player, if he don't want to sign a new contract we can't do anything.

Yet people will slag of certain people at the club if this happens. I'd love to know what those people would do to make someone sign a new contract.

But the answer will be SELL HIM.

Problem is you need a club that 

a, wants them

b, willing to pay for them

c, the player is willing to go to said club

Young players will go where there is a pathway to first team football and where they will be paid well.

If we cant offer one of the best English talents of his generation that then the people responsible deserve to get slagged off.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Young players will go where there is a pathway to first team football and where they will be paid well.

If we cant offer one of the best English talents of his generation that then the people responsible deserve to get slagged off.

We could offer him whatever we think he wants and it would not be enough if the big 6 come sniffing.

But my point still stands. You can't force any player to sign a new contract. If they want off they just walk at the end of whatever contract they did sign.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So you're saying we should put a 15 year old in the first team , whether that's best for the team or not and that will magically stop him signing for another team?

Pathway to first team football mate, not consistent minutes. Give him some some minutes in the league cup and FA cup and assure him that he will be around the matchday squad in 3 or so seasons and he will stay.

• Like 1