Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gloria

Jeremy Monga

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

If we have been lucky enough to unearth a generational talent, there's absolutely no reason he shouldn't be in and around the first team squad at some point this season.

Bellingham and Rigg are good recent examples, I know it's the championship where they got their start, but Jude was playing for Dortmund at 16/17. Chris Rigg will be in the Prem and starting in January I think (or maybe another dortmund find ;)

I'd say it's unlucky that both carabao rounds have coincided with him being away, but lets be honest he wouldn't have got a sniff :( 

Don’t think he’s 16 till next summer 

I think it would be unprecedented for a 15 y o kid to be regularly in a first team PL squad. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it would be unprecedented for a 15 y o kid to be regularly in a first team PL squad. 

Don't worry, this thread will have 58 pages on how absurd it is Cooper isn't playing him by next summer. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I just meant training with them to be honest. Not playing yet :) 

I know there’s lots of difficulty around this too. I remember the Watford FA Cup game we had to have two dressing rooms or something for safeguarding? 

im not expecting him to have minutes… but we should be showing him how highly we rate him by getting him involved in training and maybe the odd cup sub appearance

• Like 1

I think there does need to be better protection for clubs who develop these youngsters. We haven't seen the fee for Nyoni yet but it won't be substantial and it makes it so much harder for clubs like us to improve, especially given the caps and restrictions on spending money ourselves. Feels like the club should have some claim to future transfer fees.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

I think there does need to be better protection for clubs who develop these youngsters. We haven't seen the fee for Nyoni yet but it won't be substantial and it makes it so much harder for clubs like us to improve, especially given the caps and restrictions on spending money ourselves. Feels like the club should have some claim to future transfer fees.

We do the same to clubs in the lower echelons. We nab a lot of talent from Northampton Town, Lincoln City, Peterborough United to name a few. Kasey Mcateer, Ben Chillwell, Ivan Toney are a few examples of this. How much money did Rushden and Diamonds get from the sale of Chillwell?

Can’t complain, were small fry to the big clubs as are the lower league teams to us. It’s just the football food chain!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Supposedly a Chelsea fan so you can predict what happens next summer.

He doesn’t even follow Leicester on his instagram. Just Chelsea.

And reposted a clip with the hint that big 6 teams will make a bid soon.

I think it’s certain he’ll leave when he can.

I also think every kid from Leicestershire should support the city. If not, they should get chucked out to Nottingham. See how they like that shithole.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, niyaminski said:

I also think every kid from Leicestershire should support the city. If not, they should get chucked out to Nottingham. See how they like that shithole.

The majority of our squad and our manager live in “that shithole” just fyi lol 

17 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

He doesn’t even follow Leicester on his instagram. Just Chelsea.

And reposted a clip with the hint that big 6 teams will make a bid soon.

I think it’s certain he’ll leave when he can.

His a 15 year old kid, I'm not sure you can judge whether he stays over things he reposted.

I think that a typical kid reaction 

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Don't worry, this thread will have 58 pages on how absurd it is Cooper isn't playing him by next summer. 

Interesting. You expect Cooper to be making such a decision next summer? 

I actually hope you're right as it means he's turned things around and kept the club up.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2024 at 09:36, shailen said:

Agreed he's got no loyalties to us but his best chance imo to play for one of the top clubs at senior level is to prove himself here first and then get a big move when he's established. I always think it's a harder route to come through a big clubs academy and into the first team. 

I’m failing to see how this is our problem? If they want to leave then bollox to them whoever it is 

3 hours ago, Saxondale said:

My wife teaches this lad! 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't it automatic detention every day for a year if you leave your boyhood clubs academy to sign for one of the greedy 6?

Next week's maths homework:

Joromy is a young footballer and has moved to Chasea football club. Chasea have 9000 other boys in their academy who are the same age. All the boys are equally talented, as Chasea are a soulless corporate scum hole who relentlessly steal youths from all around the world.

If 2 players from the academy make it to the first team per season, express as a fraction the chances of Joromy getting into the first team squad at Chasea.

45 academy players are sold to shitholes like Overton and Florest every season for PSR related money laundering reasons. Express as a percentage the probability that Joromy will be turned into a left back and told to "hit it down the channels to the big lad" by Shaun Derch.

All the other Chasea youths are released and sent to the job centre and end up working at DcMonalds restaurant for minimum wage. If the minimum wage is £10 an hour, and a Gucci backpack costs £50000, work out how many hours Joromy will need to work to look as stylish as he could have done if he stayed where he was at a proper club with all his mates and top gave him a PS5 pro and a copy of Fc25 chucked in and ignored the horrible American hedge fund man and his tinpot plastic moneybags football club that only nerds would want to go to.