Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

Ricardo

1 hour ago, alfox13 said:

If he's not in the team at Palarse there should be a protest when it's announced, eg chanting his name it's criminal he's not in even Piper and Co. agreed! 

I agree. I’ll boycott the game as a stand. That’ll show um 

6 hours ago, alfox13 said:

If he's not in the team at Palarse there should be a protest when it's announced, eg chanting his name it's criminal he's not in even Piper and Co. agreed! 

As much as I want to see a Ricky playing and either flying down the wing or being a dynamic midfielder, maybe he does not warrant picking at this moment in time due his form?  :dunno:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As much as I want to see a Ricky playing and either flying down the wing or being a dynamic midfielder, maybe he does not warrant picking at this moment in time due his form?  :dunno:

What is his form, we've hardly seen him to judge. Looked a bit rusty but ok against Tranmere, it was his run  into the box that got us the penalty.

Just now, smudger63 said:

What is his form, we've hardly seen him to judge. Looked a bit rusty but ok against Tranmere, it was his run  into the box that got us the penalty.

The manager and staff seem him far more often, if things aren’t sticking, perhaps he needs to improve before selection :dunno:

No idea, but nobody should be picked solely on historic performances, despite how great they once were.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well he was pretty decent as recent as last season.   He isn't being picked because the manager wants to play Kristiansen on the left, and have him bombing on, and he thinks that Justin is more suited than Ricardo to coming inside to make the extra body in the middle when the defence has had to shift over to cover Kristiansen. That's how Cooper wants to play. It's a choice, but not one I agree with.  How he can leave out probably our best technically gifted player is beyond me, but ultimately he will live and die by his choices, as do all managers. 

He was and if Enzo were still here and playing the same/similar system, it seems unthinkable that Ricky would not be playing. As you say, Cooper will bear the cost of this choice should he not deliver survival. One final note, I do think JJ is seen as a little more robust than Ricky, so perhaps this factors into the selection.

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He was and if Enzo were still here and playing the same/similar system, it seems unthinkable that Ricky would not be playing. As you say, Cooper will bear the cost of this choice should he not deliver survival. One final note, I do think JJ is seen as a little more robust than Ricky, so perhaps this factors into the selection.

I also think the reason he hasn't been playing Mavadidi is again because he wants Kristiansen to be bombing on, and his "wide" player to come inside and make the extra man in field, which again is a big change from last season, when our wide players hugged the touch line on both sides to stretch the pitch.

Mavadidi has done well when coming on though, so given Cooper something to think about, but i doubt he will change too much.  Possibly he might play Mavadidi, drop Kristiansen,  and move Justin to the left, and have him do what hes currently doing on the right,, drop Fatawu and play Ricardo and ask him to bomb on, on the right. Again, I want to see both Mavadidi and Fatawu playing, but I'm not convinced that Cooper is going to do that at the moment 

9 hours ago, alfox13 said:

You'll get arrest by Keir for this

Part of this may be:

- whether Cooper prefers Fatawu as the flying winger or Mavididi

- if Cooper prefers Fatawu, it may mean that he prefers the right back to stay behind and mainly defend, in which case he has preferred JJ

- if Cooper prefers Mavididi, then it may be that he could prefer JJ as LB which means that he would need a RB that goes up and down, which is where Ricardo would excel

At the moment, Coopers seems to prefer the Fatawu/JJ combination on the right and Kristiansen on the left all by himself.

I guess the debate is that for some fans, this selection leaves the better player amongst them, ie. Ricardo, on the bench while we have an average player in Kristiansen flying on the left all by himself. The question, is this better? It seems Coopers prefer to supplement through having a creative player around Kristiansen, but I am not sure Kristiansen is a good enough passer to make that work. With Ricardo on the other side, he is not only great at dribbling and roaming forward, he is also a good passer of the ball especially in tight spaces often doing one-twos with other creative passers.

Edited by Tom12345

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

VK set up an overhead kick goal today 

wrong thead… but while i’m here. 

I do strongly believe you could play ricardo anywhere and he’d improve the team. I just can’t wrap my head around why cooper wouldn’t have at least tried him out at cm in pre-season.  He essentially just played there all season.  If he had done, we may not have even signed skipp.