Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broadstone fox

The next four

We can't just draw our way out of this.

Arsenal we will lose without any shadow of a doubt.

From Palace, Everton and Bournemouth I want a minimum of 5.

You just know we'll draw with Everton.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Royston. said:

This is exactly what I fear it'll be. If we're on 2 points from 7 I think Cooper's got to go.

Although it's double the tally we had last time after 7 games and the manager survived that.

17 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

He already has. In fact if there’s something you want to put any hope in Kristansen, it’s the brilliant performance he had v Arsenal and Saka on the last occasion he played them. 

Lets hope you are right and he can stop him playing, Otherwise it's going to be a long afternoon.

44 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

12 points if we are going to stay up comfortably this season.

Yep. We'd be 10 games in and still have to play Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea and even the likes of Newcastle, Brighton and West Ham in those remaining 9 games (for that half of the season). 13 points after 10 games is good isolation but not so much when it's going to be a slog to get to a point a game in the other set of fixtures.

20 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's the next 7, not just 4 that could be crucial

image.png.26eacdc1a81b3491ef78aabb30f8a90c.png

Comfortably beaten against Palace with the scoreline not showing it (I think it'll be another 2-1 defeat).

Really scrappy win against Everton. A bit like the 2-1 against West Ham in the Great Escape season.

Another comfortable defeat that won't look so bad to the neutral against Arsenal. A 2-0 with us registering something like 0.03 xG.

A statement win against Bournemouth. Real masterclass from El Khannouss. Mavididi to score. Something like 3-0.

Borefest at Southampton. 0-0.

Forest to be a barnstorming 2-2. First game on MOTD. Late, late equaliser from Edouard.

Ipswich to be a narrow defeat in a game that could have gone either way. 

8 points from these to leave us on 9 from 10. Probably about 15th.

Edited by AKCJ

Massive run of games. Take away Arsenal, then they are all beatable if we turn up on the day.

It would be nice to think the recent news of our win over the league Re the points deduction will be a massive weight lifted off our shoulders.

We need to beat Everton - Absolutely no two ways about it.

Palace away will be tough, but more than winnable.

23 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's the next 7, not just 4 that could be crucial

image.png.26eacdc1a81b3491ef78aabb30f8a90c.png

Yeah, but I think the reason the OP specifically chose the next 4 is because there's another break after those 4, so do the next 4 results determine Cooper going/staying given the run after the 2 week break before playing some massive games.  If the next 4 are a shit show it makes sense to cut ties with a 2 week break where a new guy can at least have some time before he's going to have to battle through those potential 6 pointers.  So the next 4 should be crucial to Cooper at least.

I think people are underestimating Palace, they were one of the best teams at the back end of last season and didn’t have a lot of their usual XI for pre-season/start of the season. 

I think they will come back firing after the international break. 

Bournemouth too is a tricky game. The 11th-15th section of the Prem has dramatically got better over the last year or so, realistically we need to focus on beating the 4/5 others at the very bottom and then trying to pick up some shock results elsewhere.

that being said, we need minimum 4 points here. Not having a win after 7 games would be incredible demoralising for everyone.