Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

LCFC Fans Consultative Committee Meeting 24/07/24 Minutes

I see the club are falling back on the old ‘benchmarking’ escape clause. Perfect for shitting on the fans, using the average of the other clubs as an excuse and not paving their own way for their supporters.

Let’s be honest, if development of the expansion won’t start even in 2026, the thing is dead and buried 

• Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

Am I wrong here or for someone to "legitimately share their ticket with friends and family", they have to be signed up to be a member which is quite obviously a money-making exercise?

Yep. "Ticket sharing is illegal and we will stamp it out. Unless you pay us £35 then we don't mind".

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Basically saying no safe standing until the stadium development?! 

Consistent with their "kick the can down the road as long as possible" approach. The club don't want it because it doesn't cater to their desired customer base. Eventually though the SGSA will take the decision out of their hands.

• Like 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yep. "Ticket sharing is illegal and we will stamp it out. Unless you pay us £35 then we don't mind".

and am I right in saying that you can only do it so many times a season?

When I was a kid I shared a season ticket with my brother. He'd go one week and then me the next because my family couldn't afford to buy us one each. I'm assuming the club are stamping this out?

• Like 2

I know it's just the minutes and there were some decent questions asked by FCC members but  it seems like they simple accepted any answers without pursuing, persuading a positive outcome. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

and am I right in saying that you can only do it so many times a season?

When I was a kid I shared a season ticket with my brother. He'd go one week and then me the next because my family couldn't afford to buy us one each. I'm assuming the club are stamping this out?

Under 16s get a card so currently there is no way the club could stop it. 

• Like 1

Just now, lfu said:

Bit of a farce that it took 7 weeks to release this

Club doing the bare minimum and then some as usual

Totally unacceptable, it's not as if there's anything controversial from the clubs perspective after all it's this is what we're doing so lump it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Consistent with their "kick the can down the road as long as possible" approach. The club don't want it because it doesn't cater to their desired customer base. Eventually though the SGSA will take the decision out of their hands.

It’s really disappointing 

2 hours ago, lfu said:

Bit of a farce that it took 7 weeks to release this

Club doing the bare minimum and then some as usual

Literally took what I was about to post. 7 weeks for mostly prepared responses. 

Looks we have are going to have the priority system re-done which could be a disaster 

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Literally took what I was about to post. 7 weeks for mostly prepared responses. 

Looks we have are going to have the priority system re-done which could be a disaster 

I really doubt they do anything, knocked into the long grass for a few more years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lfu said:

"Recapping on last season, SW expressed the Club’s appreciation from the fans for their support, despite relegation. The structure and standards of the Club didn’t change, there were no staff redundancies, which means the Club is ready to be back in the Premier League."
I'll put emphasis on "The structure of the Club didn't change": What a great way to admit, over a year since we were relegated, that nobody in the club has been held accountable for being asleep at the while while they steered us on the path to relegation. Thanks for confirming that the make-believe review was exactly that, Sue!

"Digital ticketing conversion wasn’t received as well as the Club had hoped."
Then whoever at the club set the expectations for how fans received the news of digital ticketing needs to be sacked. Anyone with an anounce of professional competence could have seen this coming miles off - do they not know a single thing about matchgoing football fans?

"AH said the Club were aware of some adverse supporter reaction to the announcement of match ticket prices." "Some" adverse supporter reaction lol

Whelan and Herlihy out, both are absolutely stealing a living

These are all corporate responses - what do you expect? He isn't going to say the ticket pricing was a bit of a disaster actually and we've fvcked up.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Am I wrong here or for someone to "legitimately share their ticket with friends and family", they have to be signed up to be a member which is quite obviously a money-making exercise?

No, you can pass your season ticket on to someone in your friends and family up to 5 times per season. They do not need a membership. I did this the other week for Villa, Someone just created an account, I linked it to mine and passed them the ticket for that match.

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

These are all corporate responses - what do you expect? He isn't going to say the ticket pricing was a bit of a disaster actually and we've fvcked up.

Maybe I expect better because the bog standard corporate responses prove that the club give zero ****s about the fans

Maybe I'm a fool for wanting the club that represents my community to hold themselves to higher standards than this, or maybe I should just be happy that they released the meeting minutes at all, let alone 7 weeks later

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lfu said:

Maybe I expect better because the bog standard corporate responses prove that the club give zero ****s about the fans

Maybe I'm a fool for wanting the club that represents my community to hold themselves to higher standards than this, or maybe I should just be happy that they released the meeting minutes at all, let alone 7 weeks later

I don't disagree with you 

3 minutes ago, CH1_Fox said:

“The limit on 5 transactions must stand”

Why? Self imposed and at odds with what every other club is doing. Any challenge on that? 

In my experience it's not. Some clubs are even enforcing that you have to give up your season ticket if you miss more than five games. Not that I think it justifies LCFC's position any better. 

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

In my experience it's not. Some clubs are even enforcing that you have to give up your season ticket if you miss more than five games. Not that I think it justifies LCFC's position any better. 

The supporters club did some analysis in the summer that virtually every club has a simpler or more wide ranging way of doing it. Even those threatening taking of season tickets are only doing it if the seat remains empty.

just feel sorry for those families who have shared for decades, or take it in turns.
I have had instances through illness and working away where this would have impacted me. I want to make sure my 70 yr old father is sat next to a family member, not a stranger, if I can’t make it.

• Like 2