Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

LCFC Fans Consultative Committee Meeting 24/07/24 Minutes

2 hours ago, lfu said:

"Digital ticketing conversion wasn’t received as well as the Club had hoped."
Then whoever at the club set the expectations for how fans received the news of digital ticketing needs to be sacked. Anyone with an anounce of professional competence could have seen this coming miles off - do they not know a single thing about matchgoing football fans?

I will be interested in see these premier league rules that they claim they are pre-empting by the conversation to digital

Really am fed up with the way the suits at our club are treating us. They really don't care about us our thought's and feelings.

They have forgotten or don't care and realise the club only exists because of fans over the last 140yrs.

You've been here 14yrs. Show some fvcking respect to us and all the thousands that made this club and now sadly passed away. Without fans new old or sadly passed you would have fvck all.

It's a way of life for us not a business. Stop playing with us and our emotions.

Sadly since the passing of Vichai we have the owners I expected them to be to start with. 

Top just sell up and fvck off. Yes the next lot might be as bad but they won't be tainting everything Vichai did for us like his son is.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CH1_Fox said:

The supporters club did some analysis in the summer that virtually every club has a simpler or more wide ranging way of doing it. Even those threatening taking of season tickets are only doing it if the seat remains empty.

just feel sorry for those families who have shared for decades, or take it in turns.
I have had instances through illness and working away where this would have impacted me. I want to make sure my 70 yr old father is sat next to a family member, not a stranger, if I can’t make it.

Which is actually a good thing, provided there are avenues to share it and let the club resell the seat if you can't go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

I've glanced at a few points on here that I was keen to see action on.

re: general sale "We aren't doing anything" but pads out the comment with half excuses such as identifying "some" fixtures with the "potential" to go to general sale.

re: safe standing "We aren't doing anything" but pads it out with it will be "revisited"

re: stadium expansion "we need to establish value in the budget" - what does this even mean?

re: a disgusting company such as BC Game on the shirts "Extensive due diligence was undertaken to ensure suitability with the Club’s values". No attempt to go further on what this due diligence was. This only makes sense if the club's values are in the gutter.

This is basically sticking two fingers up to the fans by pretending to answer questions but not actually doing anything. Would love to hear from anyone at the meeting if any of this garbage was questioned. I've tried to defend the club and the Foxes Trust on occasion, but neither side come out of this with any credit.

Its just so depressing what has happened to our club.

It means ''we thought it would cost £150m but in reality since we put the budget together witl escalating labour costs and material prices this is looking more like £175m. So we are looking at things we can do to mitigate the £25m increase such as a slight redesign, different contractors, make it out of plasticine etc''

3 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

image.png.72d65e435a955639da16fa91eba93fe4.png

And whilst out owners and senior management treat us as they want to, our own supporters continue to be a hindrance to the very notion of creating some kind of atmosphere or appreciation for our players

I wonder how many complaints there was about the tribute flag for Shakey 

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

And whilst out owners and senior management treat us as they want to, our own supporters continue to be a hindrance to the very notion of creating some kind of atmosphere or appreciation for our players

Imagine being one of those fans that raised concerns...pity them.

47 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Blocking the view that we've all seen hundred times before and which is rehearsed and standard for almost every game these days.  ie players running out shaking hands and all that bollox.  Jeez I bet it's full on fighting if someone blocks their view of a throw in, in our own half

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Absolutely. 

Id wager it was those at the front of SK3/SK4 calling us ***** or the front rows of the east stand who were lobbing their paper at the lads holding the banners back.

Supporter team should do some mediation. Bring both in and say look if you can't see and would you can do X Y Z and lads do you want to show these people some of the work that goes into them and possibly get them involved so they can both see the hard work. Maybe get stuck in themselves to see first hand how it plays out and build from there.

But they wont will they. 

Absolutely not. The club should be celebrating the “carnival fans” (that’s the FSA term) as much as they do other groups. Showcasing how they help the group, how a matchday comes together when there’s a display etc. Ask players how it helps and start to get more people involved and others relocated. Would be a great piece of media that. I know there’s an element of cringe when the club push stuff like that but they could use it to showcase to other clubs on best practice etc. Hell will freeze over first I know!

They have to understand that you’ll always get a bit of mischief with any group like UFS but with that comes a better atmosphere as we saw last season. Plus, as you know, trust and the self policing stops any real issues.

The club have started sending emails if you miss a game now as I got one for missing Villa but the angle was more about the resell platforms than anything else. I’m not sure what they’d do if I said the bloke next to me is an issue or the atmosphere wasn’t very good last game etc!

It’s so annoying that any fan consultation is just for the KPI’s and not for the betterment of the game and atmosphere.

Edited by RYM
  • Like 2

Views on Cooper as a manager aside, it's good that he's willing to attend these meetings. In that respect, it's one of the benefits of having him here and what makes him different to most managers.

Edited by FoxesTalker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesTalker said:

Views on Cooper as a manager aside, it's good that he's willing to attend these meetings. In that respect, it's one of the benefits of having him here and what makes him different to most managers.

Agree to an extent but he will have absolutely been encouraged to go to flatter those there considering the issues we had over the summer. It’s a distraction technique.

If I ever had a complaint at Brentford I’d invite them in and hold the meeting in the dugout or training ground when all of a sudden Thomas Frank would appear… and then the issue would mostly go away or be softened.

Trust seemed blinded by it TBH which is a shame but the reason clubs do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Imagine being one of those fans that raised concerns...pity them.

At least four of them sit on that panel. Probably the only complaints they got.

Far from representative of the fanbase, just self-interested pillocks.

So no expansion then, the longer they leave it the more expensive it’s going to be, because NEWSFLASH things do get more expensive year on year, so basically it’s not gonna happen. 40,000 ain’t enough anyway, should at least be the same as the stadium of light, because Sunderland ain’t bigger than Leicester, more on par 

28 minutes ago, FoxesTalker said:

Off topic really but he can attend all the meetings he wants with the fans but if he's not playing our best players he's never going to build any rapport. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Anyone complaining about a tifo to say thanks to the greatest player in the club's history when we were not even certain whether he would be a Leicester player after the game really should **** off and play bowls or go to the Highcross on a Saturday. 

Some of our fanbase ought to be euthanized to put us all out of our misery.

Exactly this - disgusting behaviour

2 hours ago, Bilo said:

Anyone complaining about a tifo to say thanks to the greatest player in the club's history when we were not even certain whether he would be a Leicester player after the game really should **** off and play bowls or go to the Highcross on a Saturday. 

Some of our fanbase ought to be euthanized to put us all out of our misery.

He doesn't belong in this sanitised era- the fans 30 years ago would have been carrying him off the pitch.

• Like 1