Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

LCFC Fans Consultative Committee Meeting 24/07/24 Minutes

38 minutes ago, Corky said:

The last thing I want to do at football matches is celebrate our great moments and players.

Neither did the club until someone pointed out the lack of LCFC around the stadium.

You'd think the club would want to make more like the home of LCFC rather than KPFC if they want to attract all the tourists queuing up to see whoever we are playing.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, davieG said:

I know it's just the minutes and there were some decent questions asked by FCC members but  it seems like they simple accepted any answers without pursuing, persuading a positive outcome. 

The minutes are written by the club, just give an overview, so do not reflect many of the reactions from FCC members.

As an example the "Sticking to" the limit of 5 games maximum for transfer of season tickets to another registered person, one FCC member gave the example of family sharing which had always taken place for most of their supporting life. We repeated the view that Digital Ticket uptake will not significantly improve until the number of permitted shared games is significantly improved to around half the games. Some clubs permit unlimited ticket sharing, however this is at clubs where digital tickets are mandatory.

The number of matches that could be shared was increased from 4 to 5 following the initial meeting with Fan Groups about the £25 charge and we continued to push for the sharing number to be increased at the second Fan Groups meeting with the club.

To confirm, when sharing, the other person has to be registered on the LCFC database, but does not need to be an LCFC member

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lfu said:

Bit of a farce that it took 7 weeks to release this

Club doing the bare minimum and then some as usual

We did chase the club for them to be issued, as has been the case in the past and have requested more timely release of information following any meetings as part of the new Fan Engagement Framework

13 hours ago, Daggers said:

Same goes for most of the names on that panel - for years and years.

As we mentioned in the article, this was the last Fans Consultative Committee in its current format. The Fan Engagement Framework document which was enclosed in the article gives an overview of the new structure, each Fans Group will be represented across the 3 FCC Working Groups with the addition of the LCFC Women's Supporters Club. as well as Foxes Trust, Union FS, Official Supporters Club, Foxes Pride & DSA), outside of that representation, those involved will be refreshed. With a member of the Fans Advisory Board chairing each of the FCC Working Group sessions.

10 hours ago, CH1_Fox said:

The supporters club did some analysis in the summer that virtually every club has a simpler or more wide ranging way of doing it. Even those threatening taking of season tickets are only doing it if the seat remains empty.

just feel sorry for those families who have shared for decades, or take it in turns.
I have had instances through illness and working away where this would have impacted me. I want to make sure my 70 yr old father is sat next to a family member, not a stranger, if I can’t make it.

We agree and intend to continue to pursue a more flexible approach

10 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

I've glanced at a few points on here that I was keen to see action on.

re: general sale "We aren't doing anything" but pads out the comment with half excuses such as identifying "some" fixtures with the "potential" to go to general sale.

re: safe standing "We aren't doing anything" but pads it out with it will be "revisited"

re: stadium expansion "we need to establish value in the budget" - what does this even mean?

re: a disgusting company such as BC Game on the shirts "Extensive due diligence was undertaken to ensure suitability with the Club’s values". No attempt to go further on what this due diligence was. This only makes sense if the club's values are in the gutter.

This is basically sticking two fingers up to the fans by pretending to answer questions but not actually doing anything. Would love to hear from anyone at the meeting if any of this garbage was questioned. I've tried to defend the club and the Foxes Trust on occasion, but neither side come out of this with any credit.

Its just so depressing what has happened to our club.

General Sale - the club stated the potential fixtures at the meeting and its in the document released "The Club has provisionally identified the following games: AFC Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Brentford, Southampton."

The first of those games is AFC Bournemouth and that goes on general sale on 16 September (unless sold out prior)

10 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I will be interested in see these premier league rules that they claim they are pre-empting by the conversation to digital

It has subsequently been published elsewhere that the Premier League want all clubs to comply to a minimum take up of 70% of match attendances being via digital tickets (that's match & season tickets combined)

6 hours ago, RYM said:

Agree to an extent but he will have absolutely been encouraged to go to flatter those there considering the issues we had over the summer. It’s a distraction technique.

If I ever had a complaint at Brentford I’d invite them in and hold the meeting in the dugout or training ground when all of a sudden Thomas Frank would appear… and then the issue would mostly go away or be softened.

Trust seemed blinded by it TBH which is a shame but the reason clubs do it. 

We certainly weren't blinded by Steve Coppers appearance and while it is genuinely true he wants to engage directly more with fans (as a Trust Board member discussed it directly with him at the open Q & A session the club subsequently ran), we were not aware of his appearance at the FCC until we arrived and our initial reaction was that it would limit the amount of time available to discuss other items given we already knew that a significant amount of time of that evening would be taken up discussing the Fan Engagement Framework, so agree with your point above

It's striking to me not just in these meetings but in general, the lack of opposition to clappers. They would never have taken off at other clubs because they have more pride in their reputation. Add to that those who complain about the Tifo's, and it builds a picture of the match-going fanbase, which has been in a sorry state for years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

It has subsequently been published elsewhere that the Premier League want all clubs to comply to a minimum take up of 70% of match attendances being via digital tickets (that's match & season tickets combined)

Has anyone asked them why?

• Like 1

The minutes are written by the club, just give an overview, so do not reflect many of the reactions from FCC members.

As an example the "Sticking to" the limit of 5 games maximum for transfer of season tickets to another registered person, one FCC member gave the example of family sharing which had always taken place for most of their supporting life. We repeated the view that Digital Ticket uptake will not significantly improve until the number of permitted shared games is significantly improved to around half the games. Some clubs permit unlimited ticket sharing, however this is at clubs where digital tickets are mandatory.

The number of matches that could be shared was increased from 4 to 5 following the initial meeting with Fan Groups about the £25 charge and we continued to push for the sharing number to be increased at the second Fan Groups meeting with the club.

To confirm, when sharing, the other person has to be registered on the LCFC database, but does not need to be an LCFC member

I may have missed them but do you produce your own minutes, if not you should tell the club if they're not published within 2 weeks say you'll produce your own.

Better still the minutes could and maybe should be written alternatively by the club and the fan's groups.

• Like 1

It does, I'm 50:50 with my brother and have been for 10 years so I wont go digital untl they can assure we can split the games 50:50.

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

...if not you should tell the club if they're not published within 2 weeks say you'll ...

write another meekly worded letter.

The notion that Bason (and thereby the current iteration of the Trust) has a spine and can insist on anything is for the birds.

1 hour ago, FoxesTalker said:

It's striking to me not just in these meetings but in general, the lack of opposition to clappers. They would never have taken off at other clubs because they have more pride in their reputation. Add to that those who complain about the Tifo's, and it builds a picture of the match-going fanbase, which has been in a sorry state for years.

It's because those who generally opt to attend the club's 'Your 90 minutes' etc are generally of the demographic that like the clappers more/dislike some UFS tifos and it gives the club a warped view of fans opinions. 

Those meetings aren't the most fun to attend but they really need a better cross section of our fan base attending them. 

• Like 1

We certainly weren't blinded by Steve Coppers appearance and while it is genuinely true he wants to engage directly more with fans (as a Trust Board member discussed it directly with him at the open Q & A session the club subsequently ran), we were not aware of his appearance at the FCC until we arrived and our initial reaction was that it would limit the amount of time available to discuss other items given we already knew that a significant amount of time of that evening would be taken up discussing the Fan Engagement Framework, so agree with your point above

Yeah throwing things like a Cooper visit to fill the time means they can avoid challenging conversations.

You continue to get played, you could’ve said actually can we discuss the issues in hand because Steve’s media trained chit chat is not an agenda item. Totally within your rights to do that. 

Until the ego, desire and fear of not being ITK goes away you’re an incredibly easy man / group to play. Anthony isn’t a friend (maybe he is, maybe that’s the issue? Or a route to being on the FAB) he’s not going to put his neck on the line for you or for any fans. He’s there to hit his KPI’s, to hire staff that won’t challenge him, to throw word soup at you knowing that you’ll never challenge them properly or have him held accountable for the previous failings. You had a chance with the Fan Engagement plan mess up but shot me down and then stood back and let them do what they want….again.

They have you on strings. It’s horrendous to see.

As for agreeing with my point, I know, you agreed with many of them because I am fortunate enough to have done what I’ve done. The issues arise when it comes to raising those points and making the club sweat or having any sort of clout because it’s much easier to hide behind late night emails and then wait for the club to come back in their own time. 

The below just doesn’t happen 

• To hold Leicester City Football Club and its owners to account for the highest standards of business management, and operational and commercial decisions that directly affect Foxes Trust members and the wider supporter base.

• Like 4

Something the clubs voted for. Shouldn't let the club hide behind the narrative that this is coming from the Premier league - it's untrue and misleading. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jackubu said:

Something the clubs voted for. Shouldn't let the club hide behind the narrative that this is coming from the Premier league - it's untrue and misleading. 

They do it with PSR though, so why wouldn't they with this. PL are the front face for the shitshow of decision making that member clubs make. Astonishing really.

14 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

We did chase the club for them to be issued, as has been the case in the past and have requested more timely release of information following any meetings as part of the new Fan Engagement Framework

What was the timing of your asking for the minutes to be released, and how sternly did you communicate it?

There's a world of difference between waiting 6 weeks to send the comms director a friendly "oh, by the way, whenever you get a chance could you please release the minutes from the FCC meeting, ta", and writing within a fortnight to ask why they haven't been released, a hard date for they do plan to release them, what the comms team plan to do in the future to ensure minutes are released in a timely fashion, and (as davieG mentioned above), if the club fail to release the minutes within a certain time period then you will release your own minutes.

You really must force the club's hand, because to those outside the trust it's clear that the club just do not respect your position and know they can get away with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lfu said:

What was the timing of your asking for the minutes to be released, and how sternly did you communicate it?

There's a world of difference between waiting 6 weeks to send the comms director a friendly "oh, by the way, whenever you get a chance could you please release the minutes from the FCC meeting, ta", and writing within a fortnight to ask why they haven't been released, a hard date for they do plan to release them, what the comms team plan to do in the future to ensure minutes are released in a timely fashion, and (as davieG mentioned above), if the club fail to release the minutes within a certain time period then you will release your own minutes.

You really must force the club's hand, because to those outside the trust it's clear that the club just do not respect your position and know they can get away with it.

No point telling them this - they don’t have it in them, or the capacity to listen. A bunch of feckless, spineless incompetents. It’s time for change.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, davieG said:

Has anyone asked them why?

OK don’t shoot the messenger but I believe and to some degree know that these discussions take place outside of a single clubs influence. The police and safety authorities nationally point to an uptick in criminality at football and often those caught are not first purchasers (owners) of tickets and our own banning list supports this to some extent, Second big clubs see thousands of tickets per game on the secondary market at huge prices. Digital overall as we see with flights, trains, supermarkets and a wide array of others reduces the need for human staff so reduces costs. Our world has changed do I agree that digital will solve all these issues no but I am a realist the train has left the station and it’s not returning the only thing is pace of change. I shared a while ago that the EPL wanted all away tickets to be digital very soon guess what it’s mentioned, I shared that the wanted 70% by the end of the 25/26 season if not faster. Clubs are adapting individually but mark my words 100% digital not far away and if they can get face recognition to work your photo to buy and auto comparison at turnstile is not far away.

8 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

OK don’t shoot the messenger but I believe and to some degree know that these discussions take place outside of a single clubs influence. The police and safety authorities nationally point to an uptick in criminality at football and often those caught are not first purchasers (owners) of tickets and our own banning list supports this to some extent, Second big clubs see thousands of tickets per game on the secondary market at huge prices. Digital overall as we see with flights, trains, supermarkets and a wide array of others reduces the need for human staff so reduces costs. Our world has changed do I agree that digital will solve all these issues no but I am a realist the train has left the station and it’s not returning the only thing is pace of change. I shared a while ago that the EPL wanted all away tickets to be digital very soon guess what it’s mentioned, I shared that the wanted 70% by the end of the 25/26 season if not faster. Clubs are adapting individually but mark my words 100% digital not far away and if they can get face recognition to work your photo to buy and auto comparison at turnstile is not far away.

So fundamentally a money saving device because I'm sure they can trace who bought tickets if they wanted to.

As if they haven't got enough money flowing into clubs at PL level as it is.

Another route would be to stop paying scandalous transfer fees and wages and they'd have enough money to start treating fans with some consideration and respect.