Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace, A Match Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

Helped out defensively a few times but yeah, when you want a winger attacking their defence to help out Vardy and Mavididi, he's not the answer. 

And Fatawu is the best defensive winger in the squad, but has pace and creativity too. With this central three, you have to have two explosive wingers. It's how Liverpool used to set up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They've influenced that changed a bit - Wharton playing further afield and playing the ball quicker forward. 

Gotta hold on til half time, or nab a second... 

I assume Cooper has instructed Ndidi to sit closer to him without the ball - we’re coping a tad better towards the end of the half.

Got to say - Palace look devoid of confidence - like a side that have seen several players leave.

• Like 1

I think that Justin is preferred to Ricardo defensively as his role is to sit in, in possession and form a three with Faes and Okoli with Kristiansen given licence to bomb forward and the left winger tucks in as a 10.

That is how I understand it anyway, for the benefit of everyone questioning Justin's position.  

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not one for conspiracy theories (Why does Cooper have to gain by not picking a full form Ricky? Its nonsense) so suspect he is just not up to his usual his standard tbh.

I’d honestly agree if he had even had a single Prem minute so far this season.. The Villa game being the most baffling for me when we looked on top and needed something to get back into the game and he just ignored him.. 

I hope you’re right and we see him today at some point! 

We’ve been excellent. Palace are huffing and puffing but don’t really look like scoring.

the commentators on my stream are making out like Nketiah has reached peak Thierry Henry levels in the first half, for me he’s been useless. 

Plaudits to Cooper, I’ve enjoyed watching us this first half. Playing like this, we’ll be comfortably mid-table 

Edited by Asha
  • Like 1