Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace, A Match Thread

Another 2pts dropped. 4 now without a win. Have to change that and fast. Everton game pretty huge. If we feck that up I think he's gone at next international window. His brilliant subs cost us, coady is league one at best, has shown nothing since he's been here. Just another on a pay cheque. 

There was some hope out there today, like if we get at teams we can do something. But sit back and hope, we're shite. We just can't defend.  

Look back at that great escape season, when we went for broke we smashed it. Rather than trying to hold on. There lies the key, don't leave it to late.

20 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Oh I agree with you mate. 100% a penno.

My gripe is Coady wasn't needed. We needed a more offensive player to com on, to give us an outlet.  Not change the shape to invite more pressure and give away needless penalties by a player who's ring rusty as hell.

We would have still not had an out ball, as we would have been defending anyway as we were always going to be pressing for an equaliser, so arguably it was the right choice.

(Apart from a Coady error we nearly got away with it!)

16 minutes ago, trooky said:

Having started a defensive line-up Cooper isn't going to bring on attackers to defend a lead.

And that's the problem in a nutshell.

I'm not saying go all out attack but swap tired attacking players for fresh ones, bring on a true AM for Ndidi.

We didn't need to shut up shop even further and invite pressure, we needed to keep on doing what we're were doing, ( until their baffling penalty decision) as it seemed to be working, but with fresher players to execute it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Or he made more Sunday league level decisions.

You can’t say that wasn’t the most obvious outcome when he reacted 1) too slowly (Ayew couldn’t move) and 2) negatively.

Maybe, but we were always going to be the under the cosh for the last 10-15 mins as we were 1-2 up, and they were chasing. One fresh guy up to is not an enough on its own when everybody else is knackered, so better to tighten up and hope nobody fancies giving a penalty away.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe, but we were always going to be the under the cosh for the last 10-15 mins as we were 1-2 up, and they were chasing. One fresh guy up to is not an enough on its own when everybody else is knackered, so better to tighten up and hope nobody fancies giving a penalty away.

Like someone else posted…..we could have made 2 more changes rather than these ridiculous single subs.

Hamza as the 10 was always going to end up with us forfeiting possession and offering zero threat going forward.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I guess on this topic my friend we are going to have a difference of opinion..

Fucando for Ndidi. 

Mav seemed ok so Fatawu for Jordan. 

Just an idea, that's  2/3's of our midfield that's freshened up to give the outlet. A midfield that gives their tired defence something to think about and more importantly deal with  actually up the pitch and away from our goal.

As you posted we were winning and the inevitable being under the cosh for the last 15 mins didn't need an even more defensive posture to invite increasingly more pressure still.  It's a shame someone (who I've previously post I wouldn't have subbed on) did fancy giving away a Penno. 

But as I said it's a matter of opinion 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

And that's the problem in a nutshell.

I'm not saying go all out attack but swap tired attacking players for fresh ones, bring on a true AM for Ndidi.

We didn't need to shut up shop even further and invite pressure, we needed to keep on doing what we're were doing, ( until their baffling penalty decision) as it seemed to be working, but with fresher players to execute it. 

I'm not a Cooper fan or disagree with you.

He's too negative and just a typical predictable boring English manager.

It must have ****ed his game plan up when we took a 2-0 lead and he didn't have enough defensive subs on the bench!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Guppys Love Child said:

I guess on this topic my friend we are going to have a difference of opinion..

Fucando for Ndidi. 

Mav seemed ok so Fatawu for Jordan. 

Just an idea, that's  2/3's of our midfield that's freshened up to give the outlet. A midfield that gives their tired defence something to think about and more importantly deal with  actually up the pitch and away from our goal.

As you posted we were winning and the inevitable being under the cosh for the last 15 mins didn't need an even more defensive posture to invite increasingly more pressure still.  It's a shame someone (who I've previously post I wouldn't have subbed on) did fancy giving away a Penno. 

But as I said it's a matter of opinion 

Don`t get the single sub every time as that seems wasteful, but it did seem clear that Cooper wanted to preserve our defensive discipline that had worked thus far (in this game) but yes, as you say,  we all often see things differently :thumbup:

1 hour ago, CaliFOXnia said:

“Marshaled them brilliantly” 

And yet, somehow, conceded twice and squandered a 2-0 lead. Something tells me that isn’t “brilliantly” at all. Rather the complete wrong game plan, substitutions and all around decision making from a manager a million miles out of his depth. Shocking. 

They had 4 shots on target, 1 being a penalty

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They had 4 shots on target, 1 being a penalty

We allowed them 20 shots on goal, blocking 10 of them. One being a near miraculous recovery from Faes. 

We rode our luck massively. That isn’t “marshaling them brilliantly”. They created chances, we were extremely fortunate they only took 2. 

5 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

You can't blame Cooper for that brain-dead tackle, you can't legislate for that.

Of course you can.

In the last few minutes of a game he brings on a defender in a key position who is not properly warmed up or into the flow of the game.

When faced with non-stop pressure and an attacker who is fast and balanced, in the box,  it is the most likely outcome that he will misjudge the situation and stick out an incautious leg.  An experienced manager should know very well the risk.  It was a most foolhardy substitution.

Edited by deep blue
Misspell

Red flags appeared when Hamza came on 

Ayew was knackered and getting clumsy 

Then Coady being the chosen one to lock up shop (another defensive player) I said to my wife " that's it... game over".. we knew straight away 😭

Seen it too many times

It if doesn't appear on "what happens next" .....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trooky said:

I'm not a Cooper fan or disagree with you.

He's too negative and just a typical predictable boring English manager.

It must have ****ed his game plan up when we took a 2-0 lead and he didn't have enough defensive subs on the bench!!!

He’s Welsh

• Haha 1

A lot of clubs would be happy with a point at Palace accept, so does Cooper, we should have had three, but his job is to keep us up……he did exactly that with Forest…..give the man time….I am sure privately he would accept his signings were more what was available over what wasn’t…….for me so far so good….a win next week would be a reasonable start….

• Like 1

Nigel Pearson always used to bring on attacking players when defending a lead. The idea being that you can defend best from the front and you can be fresh on the counterattack. Even Brendan did before he hit the self destruct button and had checked out. Facundo with his pressing and energy should’ve been on yesterday, it’s criminal and fans should not tolerate weakness like this. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Interesting to hear Trees players. Opposite approach to us. Not scared, no respect  went for Scousers and won. No wonder Trees sacked Cooper.

They played exactly as cooper has against spurs and villa 

defend till the last thirty and then bring some attackers on 

they defended better than we have so were 0-0 at that point 

Omg watching match of the day this morning we can all confirm we got screwed over big time has anyone seen that line they drew with there striker clearly over the line 😳 glad Lineker said it how it was. How can they get away with saying that was onside 

Edited by lcfcdamo
  • Like 3

That 1st Palace goal is clearly offside. The linesman was correct. If as it seems they are justifying the VAR by Justin's foot, then that's complete bollocks. It is clearly raised which from the angle shown any semi intelligent individual would realise gives an illusion of being over the line. Awful decision. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Omg watching match of the day this morning we can all confirm we got screwed over big time has anyone seen that line they drew with there striker clearly over the line 😳 glad Lineker said it how it was. How can they get away with saying that was onside 

It was a scandalous decision to overturn the on-field call. It’s bad enough when VAR fails to overrule incorrect on-field decisions, but when correct on-field decisions are incorrectly overruled, it starts to look very dodgy. Cooper said they’d be seeking an explanation for it from PGMOL. I’d love to know whether they’ve provided one yet. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

If that’s the only angle used to make the call then it’s an absolute scandalous decision. Lines don’t look right on the attacker at all but we know angles can be deceptive but surely there is another view that helps confirm the decision?

I thought we had the new technology this season? Why are we still at the stage where middle aged men are drawing bloody lines on a monitor after them guessing the frame the ball was struck.

This tech has never worked consistently enough. Just bin it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If that’s the only angle used to make the call then it’s an absolute scandalous decision. Lines don’t look right on the attacker at all but we know angles can be deceptive but surely there is another view that helps confirm the decision?

I thought we had the new technology this season? Why are we still at the stage where middle aged men are drawing bloody lines on a monitor after them guessing the frame the ball was struck.

This tech has never worked consistently enough. Just bin it. 

The semi automated tech doesn’t arrive till sometime in November….

but don’t hold your breath because the point that the ball is kicked is still going to be determined by a freeze frame decided by a var.  adidas hold the patent to the chip in the ball that shows exactly when the ball was kicked. 

so we’ll get a 3 D image of the scenario as per the euros but it will take longer cos a bloke still has to work out when the ball was struck - and that can be wring as we saw yesterday where the freeze was a frame too late. (Making JJ’s leg more outstretched)

• Like 1