Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace, A Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Maybe.

But we all expected hammerings from the Spurs and Villa games.

Kept them tight, got a draw, could have got more out of both games.

I'm not condoning 3 DM's, on the face of set up and selection it does seem negative, however, I don't see how we play any more negative than how we did for the last few years (Barr last year). Infact i've been bouyed, found it more exciting and entertaining than much of the previous years I speak of.

All I will say is, Ndidi's a passenger.

I think the main concern is he isn’t playing 3 DMs, he playing a DM with limited skills as an attacker. If he had them in a line blocking the midfield Ndidi would be useful. In this position he just floats around not tackling and losing the ball. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asha said:

Why are Leicester fans are so strange man. Spend all year supporting them to get promoted, and then hope they lose valuable points against relegation rivals because they don’t like the manager. 

Don't think anyone hopes we lose. I think people expect us to lose because we haven't got a particularly good manager.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Realistically they should've been hammerings if both of them had not squandered plenty of very good chances in just the first half

We were very lucky in both to only be 1 goal behind

Hang on.

We weren't allowed to talk hypotheticals last season.

Thing is, they didn't (hammer us).

I can equally say, we could have beat Spurs and drew with Villa. We didn't.

• Like 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

Realistically they should've been hammerings if both of them had not squandered plenty of very good chances in just the first half

We were very lucky in both to only be 1 goal behind

I'm not sure either create as many good chance as you think Villa had a XG of 2, and Spurs 1.4

Just now, YesNdidi said:

Some people just refuse to call out shit decisions from managers and owners in an attempt to appear “level-headed”. Deeply weird.

On the face of it, this is a dreadful team sheet, and pretending otherwise is just contrarianism. 

or maybe far too many of our fans want the manager sacked simply because he's ex Forest, Jordan Blackwell and OPA have explained why Bounanotte and El Khannouss aren't starting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Having been on here long enough to know the average footballing IQ of most on here I'll go with the opinion of bloke who's in charge.

@Unabomber

I said it would be a matter of time and seen a few posts like this.

Ndidi is washed up and has the first touch of a baby elephant…..he looked ok as an 8 in the Championship when next to KDH but to expect him to do it in the Prem is madness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Ndidi was OK last season. 

He didn’t shine, he was just kinda Meh. 

he still produced, which was the question, like I said he wouldn't be my first choice but given what the reporters have said about the 2 attacking mids we have I'm not sure what else he was going to do

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

or maybe far too many of our fans want the manager sacked simply because he's ex Forest, Jordan Blackwell and OPA have explained why Bounanotte and El Khannouss aren't starting

And Fatawu?

And Ricardo? 

Sorry, but I don’t really care if El Khannouss “hasn”t had enough time”.

He is an attacking midfielder. Ndidi isn’t. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Ndidi was OK last season. 

He didn’t shine, he was just kinda Meh. 

He did two things well last season that Enzo drilled into him. The slot through pass to Fatawu and the cross across the goal face to the back post. 

In this role he is useless and finally showing his ability as a footballer.