Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-2 Palace, A Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

You play the game in their half and they can't score. I know the reality is much more difficult than that, but bringing on purely defensive players won't achieve that. 

It's games like this that will define our season. We need to get everything right and a good manager might make the correct calls to give us that extra 10%.

At the moment I feel we'll be like Luton last season. A plucky underdog, but ultimately without the quality to stay up. 

Agree with your post.

But unlike Luton I think we do have just about enough quality to stay up.

But I know for sure we can do better still,  but what we need is a manager who isn't ... Well Steve Cooper.

I bet the club wishes it spent some of the Enzo compensation on Corberan now.

• Like 2

One that got away. Negative subs killed us big time. Really poor from Cooper. Didn’t need to go that bad. We were so deep and had very little outlet because we couldn’t do anything but pump it away. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

There is a massive difference between seeing a game out defensively and doing what Cooper did today

Ricardo, El Khannous, Buonanotte and even Bobby Reid were all on the bench and would be able to help you defend but can also give you something going forward and be able to relieve the pressure you are going to be under

Bringing on Coady and Choudhury just meant Palace knew they could ramp up the pressure even more without having to worry about having to do any defending at all, meaning they can commit everyone forward

Spot on and for that decision he should be shot.

Cooper tactically looks inept. 

Couldn't keep the ball all second half so decided to sit back and not try and retain the ball, was like having Southgate in charge. 

Was crying out for Buonanotte or El K to come on and keep it and pick up cheap fouls. All we did was sit back and allow them to recycle the ball and invite more pressure 

Cooper cost us the game

• Like 4

Manager is the weak point but I’m starting to have more belief that we can be better than at least 3 teams this season even if we stick with Cooper.

If we address the manager situation early I genuinely feel comfortable mid table is well within us.

Just now, dobbylcfc said:

Point gained imo. Yes I’m pi$$ed off it wasn’t 3 but will take the 1pt. Debatable onside for there 1st and a coday masterclass in fups. On the plus side it was good to see mav get a start and the goat scoring again at least it show we can be competitive in the prem.

How is it a point gained? Because expectations are low?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The saddest thing about that will be our clown of a manager will be even more convinced of the difficulty in winning PL football games and that it's got to be an all out attritional battle with a team filled with blood and thunder.

Can't stop giggling at how much of a pillocks he's just made of that. Embarrassing Steve.

It’s going to be a season of what ifs.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 - 0 up with the crowd ready to turn on the home team and we end up with a point, that's 2 points lost. We needed to keep possession rather than putting on an extra defender and camping in and around our own area. The inevitable happened and we all saw it coming. Cooper's negative subs cost us today. 5 points would have given us a massive psychological boost going forward. A massive opportunity missed!  

I wonder how our best attacking player this year, Bounanotte , feels about being left on the bench?

Or how about Bilal, one of the most promising players in his position in the world and starter for his NT, to see a guy who’s top level is the Championship (at best) coming in instead of him.

Don’t get me started on Alves not even making the squad…

Just now, bmt said:

How is it a point gained? Because expectations are low?

Because we didn’t have a point before we got there lol 

But in all seriousness as much as it’s a point gained, it’s more 2 points lost. 

• Like 1