Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-2 Palace, A Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, moseeds said:

At this point we can only assume Cooper has fallen out with Ricardo?

2 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

That’s pretty obvious, 

Nonsense

If this were the case he would not be on the bench

• Like 1

Impressed with Skipp today. Two centre halves defended well. Full backs the weak link even more. Hope Justin isn’t cheating on his missus because he keeps getting caught out playing football so fear for him if he is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jakemoore said:

LOADS of positives today. In fact, there have been positives in every game so far. We’ll be ok. I really believe we’ll be ok.

Not sure how the negative Nelly's on this forum will cope if we stay up. 

Loads of positives yeah, but the negative outweighs the positive when you are 2-0 up away from home and 2-1 up in injury time. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm confused. Retaining the ball yet doing nothing with it is all Southgate was bothered about, point being the problem. I don't see the comparison.

You serious??

Did you watch us in the final Vs Italy or against Croatia in the semis? Took the lead then sat back waiting for them to score

• Like 1

Conceded too soon after the second, then we dropped deeper as the half wore on and were blowing out our backsides last 15 minutes. Was crying out for Buonanotte to come on, someone who can take the ball up the pitch, turn in a tight space. The subs for me just invited them on further. Vardy was isolated and tiring, ball just kept coming back at us. 

Otherwise encouraged. Would’ve taken the point pre game, but very disappointed to drop two points at the end. Draw was probably the right result overall. Have to learn quickly and move on. Big game next Saturday 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Loads of cooper out brigade in Full force on this forum.  Truth be told loads would have snatched your hand off for a point before the game.  We are 15th in the table end of season snatch your hand off for that too.

Yeah before the game. But when the game pans out the way it did today with some of the decisions made I think everyone one has a right to be aggrieved. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We won't stay up with someone like Cooper in charge. His decisions are diabolical compared to the level we aspire to be it, or just to even stay up.

Starting line up is too negative. In-game management is shockingly poor. I get the point of trying to see the game out but there comes a point where you over-compensate, by bringing on too many defensive subs and having absolutely no outlet for attacks or even just to hold up the ball and break momentum.

Let alone doing it too early, too. We went too defensive around 70-75 minutes. It felt like the game was in stoppage time as Palace chased the equaliser then, as opposed to earlier on. There was still time to make at least one attacking chance and bringing on an attacking player as opposed to cramming our team with defenders.

It's just really frustrating. To the point where the inevitability of the equaliser pains more than actually seeing it happen. A time where we could have been on 4 points and not just a miserable 2 considering it feels like we should be holding out for wins.

Coady was of course silly to make such a challenge and almost play lazily when he should be ready, but Cooper has to manage some of the blame overall. 

Well said.

My worry for the season overall is that Cooper is so naturally inclined towards caution that given the same circumstances in another game he would do exactly the same thing again…

…and, more than likely, pay the same costly price in terms of surrendering precious Premier League points.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Loads of cooper out brigade in Full force on this forum.  Truth be told loads would have snatched your hand off for a point before the game.  We are 15th in the table end of season snatch your hand off for that 

Coopers away record in the Premier League is shocking. Today was an example of why his away record is so poor. 

I'd have snapped your hand off for a point before the game because I saw how negative the starting 11 was. We managed to get into a 2 goal lead and somehow managed to get even more negative as the game progressed. 

Palace have been poor so far this season. Today was a great chance for our first 3 points. We blew it with stupid decision making (Coady) but mainly due to poor tactics at 2-1. 

It's still early days and I want him to succeed. But so far I don't think he's got his starting 11 right nor has he made changes at the right time and ultimately he'll be judged on that. 

• Like 1