Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-2 Palace, A Post Match Thread

33 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I’m sure I read a  stat that said Cooper is now about 18 games without a win in the EPL ?? 🤔 🤷

Doesn’t surprise me. He was a diabolically choice of manager and is showing exactly that. Every game with him in charge is closer to relegation. He. Will be here for the foreseeable aswell. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Winks anonymous yet again. Don't think he's cut out for the prem sadly

It’s funny but I thought it was the complete opposite, I think he looks brilliant even at this level. Compare him with wharton and it’s obvious why the top 6 are chasing him, he’s really good. But winks is a really solid player too, very good option for the clubs outside the top 6. Him and skipp are a good duo imo and keep hold of the ball really well, but they’re not creative which is why we need players around them that are. Neither of the full backs create, ndidi doesn’t create and nor does ayew so I think that’s why we look so blunt. If you put buenanotte in front of them and ricky at rb I think we can really dominate a lot of teams in this division - Palace were there for the taking today for example.

Just now, Dusty said:

It’s funny but I thought it was the complete opposite, I think he looks brilliant even at this level. Compare him with wharton and it’s obvious why the top 6 are chasing him, he’s really good. But winks is a really solid player too, very good option for the clubs outside the top 6. Him and skipp are a good duo imo and keep hold of the ball really well, but they’re not creative which is why we need players around them that are. Neither of the full backs create, ndidi doesn’t create and nor does ayew so I think that’s why we look so blunt. If you put buenanotte in front of them and ricky at rb I think we can really dominate a lot of teams in this division - Palace were there for the taking today for example.

I loved him last season but haven't been impressed one bit by him in our opening few games. Seems too slight and passive 

3 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Justin needs to be dropped. Liability at this level 

Also not sure I agree with this. Both Justin and Kristiansen have surprised me with how well they’ve done. Thought they both won the majority of their duels and had skme nice touches on the ball. Neither of them are brilliant and if you’re a side above 15th then you’d want to upgrade them, but for a side aiming for 17th then they’re what we have to expect - they aren’t the problems with this team/tactic.

Let’s get real with this.
It was a decent performance with a shit house VAR decision and a Sunday league challenge from Coady.

Ironically Cooper has more than likely put Coady on for a bit of experience to help see the game out. I really don’t expect that to happen again any time soon!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I loved him last season but haven't been impressed one bit by him in our opening few games. Seems too slight and passive 

I think passive is a little unfair, most passes for us today and most tackles. The tactic doesn’t suit him, and that’s partly because he has a very defined way of playing, but I think he’s a really important, composed player in the middle of the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Also not sure I agree with this. Both Justin and Kristiansen have surprised me with how well they’ve done. Thought they both won the majority of their duels and had skme nice touches on the ball. Neither of them are brilliant and if you’re a side above 15th then you’d want to upgrade them, but for a side aiming for 17th then they’re what we have to expect - they aren’t the problems with this team/tactic.

Fine but Ricardo is on the bench

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

well the line we saw somehow showed Mateta miles onside, yet we didnt see Justin in the frame. Cooper is saying the club will be demanding the image as they havent seen it and are suspecting foul play

the premier league will try and defend it to the hilt,

surely they can add a 2 more each end and work it out that way, but no, purely going on side views