Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-2 Palace, A Post Match Thread

5 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

IMG_1386.thumb.jpeg.ca504ff58d8194b33b190b5ae5ccc8b3.jpeg

IMG_1387.thumb.jpeg.6ce5ed524d70bfc41845a97d7c3e7254.jpeg

The attacking momentum chart makes for interesting reading, literally nothing from us after Cooper made his first sub. Wonderful game management 

lol **** me that's woeful. just desperately bad football, nothing but hoping to shithouse a win where a team can't finish for toffee. But it's pragmatic right?

Didn’t check the score as I was out for personal reasons to full time, 2-2 away at a good side is a cracking result and that goal looks onside, we should take a lot of positives that we got to the point of 2-0 up, think today is a good result, and I’m generally very pessimistic, have to understand that we aren’t going to have the same results we did when we were a top ten side

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Very odd game management from Cooper. Absolutely invited pressure on us. Fatawu a bomb scare as he had no idea where he was playing, Coady even before the pen getting in the way of a decent performing back 4, Hamza again just meh. He’s a destroyer but seemed to be playing higher up the pitch where he just cannot play. All on the Manager this one. Don’t moan about not having enough creative players when you then don’t play them. What we needed last 20 was to keep the ball, get up the pitch. Literally had no set up or personnel to be able to do that thanks to Cooper. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AaronH said:

All these berating bringing Hamza and Coady on…. The midfield looked knackered after 65 minutes who else does he bring on?

Players who can keep the ball , especially in tight spaces. Namely, Buonanotte or Bilal for a start. Mavidivi wasn’t knackered either, just leave him on. He’s an outlet to get us up the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, AaronH said:

All these berating bringing Hamza and Coady on…. The midfield looked knackered after 65 minutes who else does he bring on?

He could have just put BDR in the mix to play the Ndidi role as it’s more advanced. And there was no need to drop to a back three…. He could have put on Bounanotte to stretch their defence a little bit and relieve a bit of pressure. 

It’s clear Cooper can’t get the balance of the team right…. It was just plain inevitable that Palace would equalise, and not because they deserved it, because we gave them all of their momentum by being so ****ing negative. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AaronH said:

good question, we've taken off an attacking mid and a winger, not as if we had Buonanotte, El Khanouss or even Bobby ****ing Reid on the bench...

• Like 1

there were a lot of obvious subs today that were just ignored. Personally i was expecting bdr to come on for vardy just for a bit more energy… but instead we had vardy just jogging around not effecting much.  

Did hamza touch the ball?  i’m not so sure but as always a bit of positivity gets a result today. 

15 minutes ago, AaronH said:

Ok, I’ll bite.

Let’s say you’re right with Hamza for a high pressing but technically challenged high 8, sadly Hamza just looked clueless and whether that was due to everyone else being shattered or him not knowing the trigger when to press…in hindsight it didn’t work and only compounds the memo, Hamza isn’t PL quality.

As for the Coady sub, he changed shape and effectively wanted to “hit them on the counter” with an aging and knackered 37 year old Vardy and Fatawu.

If he brought on Bilal or Facundo as a like for like, we’d have actually offered an outlet.

Whether the Cooper fans can admit it or not, we effectively gave Palace the initiative to consistently attack a defence that hasn’t shown up for being particularly great at defending.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes I would have changed the way we set up. I understand some of what he's trying to do, even if I don't necessarily agree with it but he's doing too much of one and not enough of the other.

For example, going with that central three is extremely cautious, but if you do then you ensure you have the explosive pace either side with attacking wingers in Mavididi and Fatawu, ala recent years Liverpool if you like. Incidentally both are very good defensively as well, which ought to get Cooper's ticker going anyway.

The danger of setting up the way we did today with the further workmanlike protection of Ayew is, he's the player we were told is such a weapon  at seeing out games and protecting the points. But you diminish that by starting him in such a negative set up and not having his guile at the end. But to make the subs he has done today was asking for trouble. Blatant disregard for any attempt to put the game beyond Palace and so could surely have no surprise when they got something out the game.

How can you gob off all summer about not getting creative players in and then getting some in and in the first 4 games showing you'll only use them when chasing a game. It's pathetic and this isn't bad luck why he's such an appalling manager at this level. His away record summed up by today's sorry end, he's a master at being unable to win football matches.

I'm not interested in giving my backing to a manager who thinks we need to play 7 or 8 defensive players a game to try and nick results. We're still averaging 2 goals against a game an'all which is awkward for those who are able to not want to do yourself over the head with a snooker ball in a sock.

Roll on the next international break.

As well as being a rancid tactic playing three CDM’s, it also leaves Cooper with nowhere to go, Hamza is bollocks and needs binning, so what are his other options? Ndidi played well today, granted but there’s no consistency to his him game in that position, plus Palace left massive gaps all over the pitch today that he was able to run into, a more technically gifted player may have made a better job of the chances we got. 

Surely it would be better to drop El Khannouss into the CM three so when we have to e ball he can push forward into a high 8, play Buonanotte on the right and Mavadidi on the left, and then Ricardo as a full back pushing into the right wing when we have possession. 

Kristiensen lacks quality at either end of the pitch, he just looks impressive because he plays with an angry expression and appears to work hard, but the lads ****ing rubbish….. so it further makes the situation with Ricardo even more bizarre, as he does have that quality. 

Cooper just seems to be making a host of poor decisions, because he’s out of his depth as a coach at this level…. I bet if we had Corberan for example, we wouldn’t be setting up like we are doing…. There’s a pragmatic approach, and then there’s just throwing on defensive players and hoping you hold out……. It’s just plain, poor coaching the blokes inept. 

• Like 2