Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-2 Palace, A Post Match Thread

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The biggest issue we have is the inevitability of conceding goals. We’re soft, and that’s very much a Cooper issue. 

It seems a very, very long time since I can remember us not being soft. That's not me saying it isn't a Cooper issue but we've been soft long before Cooper arrived.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

The green line is parallel with their green line. 
The red is parallel with the byline. 

Take your pick, either way, he’s still massively offside. 

That goal shouldn’t have stood and if we could have ridden out 10 mins after our 2nd, I’m sure we’d have seen a different result. 

For me, we’re playing with more desire and energy than the start of the relegation season. But when decisions like this go against you, it’ll always change the game. 

Need a big win against Everton now. 

IMG_2748.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Palace had no attacking rhythm until we had 9 subs on and we couldn’t string a passes together. 

Hamza is so crap at this level he should really not play anymore. Did nothing.

Then after Coady came on, Palace was attacking us left right and center. Coady giving away the penalty is just a symptom of very poor tactically mindset. Defend 20 mins with 8/9 defenders is never going to work. Palace had nothing other than the one goal before that.

Very poor subs and very poor mindset. This is all on Cooper.

How did you think Ndidi did, out of interest?

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I fail to believe he seriously thought we could get up the pitch on a counter-attack when the only attacking players he left on the pitch were Fatawu and a likely tired Vardy

Look at the match momentum ffs

image.png.e2abfed5e03723ab914e9f36c946d984.png

"....and I thought the best way to do this was to reduce our counter attacking options massively."

• Like 1

Good point away from home. Very disappointing to concede so late, but it happens. I’d rather attack, but he’s not the first manager to do this and he’s not the last… see our previous four or five managers.

I’d rather have him and the group over the shambles of a final season Rodgers presided over. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I fail to believe he seriously wanted us to try and get up the pitch on a counter-attack when the only attacking players he left on the pitch were Fatawu and a likely tired Vardy

It’s only a ‘normal thing’ if your default strategy is caution and cowardice, Steve.

Or your name is Gareth Southgate.

He’s not taking any blame, is he? Which reinforces the very worrying view that he would do exactly the same again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

How did you think Ndidi did, out of interest?

I didn’t watch the first half.

But from all accounts Ndidi did well. Please read my posts. I said playing him as a DM is a mistake and handicaps the team - Cooper had Skipp and Winks there. I said however I can have Ndidi play AM.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

It’s only a ‘normal thing’ if your default strategy is caution and cowardice, Steve.

Or your name is Gareth Southgate.

He’s not taking any blame, is he? Which reinforces the very worrying view that he would do exactly the same again.

I’ve been saying this for weeks.  He’s an excuse maker, nothing is ever his fault. 

We were 2 nil up and conceded within a couple of minutes which was sloppy.... then giving away a stupid penalty, even sloppier.

I am surprised there aren't more people here eating more humble pie given the state of the match thread before KO.

If there are people on here not earning good money as professional moaners, they are really doing themselves a disservice!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Loads of cooper out brigade in Full force on this forum.  Truth be told loads would have snatched your hand off for a point before the game.  We are 15th in the table end of season snatch your hand off for that too.

Let’s not even watch the games or care anything about what happened between kick off and the final whistle. 

To be fair, that’s probably the healthiest way to follow along this season. lol

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Good point away from home. Very disappointing to concede so late, but it happens. I’d rather attack, but he’s not the first manager to do this and he’s not the last… see our previous four or five managers.

I’d rather have him and the group over the shambles of a final season Rodgers presided over. 

I'm not really sure why Rodgers or that team are relevant to anything today? 

Can't deny it, I was expecting 0 pts from all these games so far and we have 2 pts. I've already posted my thoughts about Cooper before the appointment. If anybody thinks Cooper is a football manager I will gladly sell you some castles (2 of them) I have in Pluto. If you don't like castles I have 3 fields for sale in Venus and a farm with a pub in Mars. For the latter you need to be quick before Jeremy Clarkson makes an offer. 

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

I wonder how our best attacking player this year, Bounanotte , feels about being left on the bench?

Or how about Bilal, one of the most promising players in his position in the world and starter for his NT, to see a guy who’s top level is the Championship (at best) coming in instead of him.

Don’t get me started on Alves not even making the squad…

It's reported that Bounanotte is recovering from a groin strain, so maybe just a case of saving him for games to come?