Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-2 Palace, A Post Match Thread

3 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

COOPER OUT. How dare he tell Coady to give a stupid penalty away. 
Get a grip, all throughout that game the match thread was a cesspit of personal digs at the manager, we are 2-1 up away from home at a very capable palace team and we brought on defensive players to see out the game during a period we were inevitably going to be under pressure, could we have gone about it in a different way to alleviate the pressure, sure, but the vast majority of football managers do this exact thing away from home, it was working until Coady put in a stupid challenge. 
Be constructive, just abusing the manager speaks more about your own intellect than anyone else's. Embarrassing fans.

It wasn't working though.... not tactically anyway. 

We were under pressure the whole second half and an equaliser looked like an inevitability from the 50th minute mark onward. Yet, Cooper done nothing to combat it until the 80th odd minute. His 

3 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

COOPER OUT. How dare he tell Coady to give a stupid penalty away. 
Get a grip, all throughout that game the match thread was a cesspit of personal digs at the manager, we are 2-1 up away from home at a very capable palace team and we brought on defensive players to see out the game during a period we were inevitably going to be under pressure, could we have gone about it in a different way to alleviate the pressure, sure, but the vast majority of football managers do this exact thing away from home, it was working until Coady put in a stupid challenge. 
Be constructive, just abusing the manager speaks more about your own intellect than anyone else's. Embarrassing fans.

It wasn't working though.... not tactically anyway. 

We were under pressure the whole second half and an equaliser looked like an inevitability from the 50th minute mark onward. Yet, Cooper done nothing to combat it until the 80th odd minute. His two subs before that were like for like. 

the only reason we hadn't conceeded was down to the players, both ours and theirs. Just hoping and praying that we don't concede isn't something a PL manager should be opting for, not from the 50th minute anyway. 

He got it wrong, pure and simple. Whether it was Coady making a silly error or someone turning off at the back post, the chances of it happening are much higher if you just invite pressure for a whole half without doing anything to combat it. 

• Like 4

Cooper is an utter disgrace.

The club should give him ten games max. If he continues to be this negative and poor we need to cut our losses. We arent facing a points deduction and under a compentent manager we have a chance of staying up.

This club. What a farce

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Good point away from home. Very disappointing to concede so late, but it happens. I’d rather attack, but he’s not the first manager to do this and he’s not the last… see our previous four or five managers.

I’d rather have him and the group over the shambles of a final season Rodgers presided over. 

For context though he's the worst manager we've had since Sousa in his opening results. We aren't yet as abject as the final throws of regimes such as Rodgers and Puel but so we shouldn't be. 

I think he's got a basic trait that gets this lot scrapping, which we were so bereft of the last time we were in the Prem but that's genuinely not something to really compliment him on. It would be like me patting you on the back for wearing pants and trousers to work. 

There's an alarming pattern emerging already on his team selection and tactics and football is not a game of chance. There's a reason his PL record, especially away from home is this appalling.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

We were under the cosh for most of the 2nd half but I thought we looked comfortable until Coady had a brain fart moment 

Yeah they had more of the ball but never had any real clear cut chances. Never had the thought of “it’s coming” for them. We just made it too easy in the end for them to keep piling on the pressure. 

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For context though he's the worst manager we've had since Sousa in his opening results. We aren't yet as abject as the final throws of regimes such as Rodgers and Puel but so we shouldn't be. 

I think he's got a basic trait that gets this lot scrapping, which we were so bereft of the last time we were in the Prem but that's genuinely not something to really compliment him on. It would be like me patting you on the back for wearing pants and trousers to work. 

There's an alarming pattern emerging already on his team selection and tactics and football is not a game of chance. There's a reason his PL record, especially away from home is this appalling.

Would you have changed the starting 11 today Rick - away from home at a good palace side I thought it was decent - mavididi deserved the start over fatawu-ndidi gives us a hell of a lot charging round - I don’t get the witch hunt mate - you obviously really don’t like him but I think he is setting us up to give us a chance in games - it’s not much more complex than that - I totally understand it - we play maresca ball and we get absolutely battered just like Southampton are - I’m not sure I agree with the narration on tactical weaknesses either- we are solid - we are in games - every game so far we could have got something - open up and we simply wouldn’t be good enough - don’t get me wrong he is human and the choduray and coady subs were poo but looking back is always wonderful- I don’t mind having a tactics debate about it but I’m seeing a Leicester team that are giving their all for each other , the fans and the gaffer - your entitled to your opinion but I think you are being overly harsh on cooper 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For context though he's the worst manager we've had since Sousa in his opening results. 

Doesn’t really add any context considering he’s managing a newly promoted club (one he’s inherited), rather than an expensively assembled championship team or an established premier league team, or a team he’s brought up and been with years. Nobody else has been in this position really, we are expected to return poorer results now than at almost any other time in the last decade or so. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Would you have changed the starting 11 today Rick - away from home at a good palace side I thought it was decent - mavididi deserved the start over fatawu-ndidi gives us a hell of a lot charging round - I don’t get the witch hunt mate - you obviously really don’t like him but I think he is setting us up to give us a chance in games - it’s not much more complex than that - I totally understand it - we play maresca ball and we get absolutely battered just like Southampton are - I’m not sure I agree with the narration on tactical weaknesses either- we are solid - we are in games - every game so far we could have got something - open up and we simply wouldn’t be good enough - don’t get me wrong he is human and the choduray and coady subs were poo but looking back is always wonderful- I don’t mind having a tactics debate about it but I’m seeing a Leicester team that are giving their all for each other , the fans and the gaffer - your entitled to your opinion but I think you are being overly harsh on cooper 

Yes a more positive selection was needed. Cooper is trash and he is showing it game after game. Yes would have brought on one of our AMCs to take some pressure of and give the something to think about. Also would have given Ricky p some game time as he is literally our best player. This was on cooper today again. Wake up Z it was a bad appointment and he is literally performing as expected. We have the players to stay up I wish cooper believed that. 

5 hours ago, Filbert Fireworks said:

It's all a bit negative on here. 

We were favourites for relegation before the season began. 

Everyone bemoaned the signings who have all played fairly well. 

Reasons why the 2 young new CAMs couldn't play today. 

Went away to palace who we have a poor record against away. 

Put in a solid performance took a point away from and were unlucky not to take 3. 

Could have thrown 2 attackers on and conceded 2 goals and lost it. 

Will line up more offensively at home and rightly so. 

Yes because the team was much more attacking against villa at home .... oh wait a second

Just now, DezFox said:

Yes a more positive selection was needed. Cooper is trash and he is showing it game after game. Yes would have brought on one of our AMCs to take some pressure of and give the something to think about. Also would have given Ricky p some game time as he is literally our best player. This was on cooper today again. Wake up Z it was a bad appointment and he is literally performing as expected. We have the players to stay up I wish cooper believed that. 

Couldn’t disagree more but everyone entitled to their opinion mate 

• Like 1