Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-2 Palace, A Post Match Thread

It is easy to see why this manager has such a terrible away record in the Premier League.

You can’t invite constant pressure like that and hope to survive. It’s needless and dumb. But above all it just shows that he is a natural born coward.

• Like 1

Just now, Samilktray said:

This is not remotely relevant to anything today, why are you still going on about this lol

Precisely my point.

He's saying it invited pressure upon us. 

What's the alternative? No-one mentioned how we used to constantly invite pressure upon ourselves.

• Like 1

You play the game in their half and they can't score. I know the reality is much more difficult than that, but bringing on purely defensive players won't achieve that. 

It's games like this that will define our season. We need to get everything right and a good manager might make the correct calls to give us that extra 10%.

At the moment I feel we'll be like Luton last season. A plucky underdog, but ultimately without the quality to stay up. 

4 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

who do we blame then?

The player who scythed down a Palace player in the box in the 90th minute maybe? If that doesn’t happen, we win the game 2-1. Would you be giving Cooper the credit then?

It’s a tough one to take – it always is when you concede in the 90th minute – but overall, it was a solid away performance.

We won't stay up with someone like Cooper in charge. His decisions are diabolical compared to the level we aspire to be it, or just to even stay up.

Starting line up is too negative. In-game management is shockingly poor. I get the point of trying to see the game out but there comes a point where you over-compensate, by bringing on too many defensive subs and having absolutely no outlet for attacks or even just to hold up the ball and break momentum.

Let alone doing it too early, too. We went too defensive around 70-75 minutes. It felt like the game was in stoppage time as Palace chased the equaliser then, as opposed to earlier on. There was still time to make at least one attacking chance and bringing on an attacking player as opposed to cramming our team with defenders.

It's just really frustrating. To the point where the inevitability of the equaliser pains more than actually seeing it happen. A time where we could have been on 4 points and not just a miserable 2 considering it feels like we should be holding out for wins.

Coady was of course silly to make such a challenge and almost play lazily when he should be ready, but Cooper has to manage some of the blame overall. 

• Like 2

Beginning to think Cooper is not the right man for the Job he’s more like the awful failings of Bodgers making Cooper Bodgers 2.0, great flair players on the bench not used Vardy on all game Ayew should have come off at 60min why go so defensive inviting palace to dominate us how many points are we going to drop this season ffs ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Genuinely baffles me I get seeing out the game but we went way too defensive had absolutely no outlet when it’s not like we were struggling when we went toe to toe with them. Absolutely moronic, completely on the manager 

He could’ve changed Ayew and Ndidi at 60 mins when they started to make simple mistakes and stop running.  Bring on attacking players to create more energy, like Palace did and he still would have 2 to park the bus late on. 

Out of his depth and is too scared to make a change. I still can’t decide if he’s stupid or stubborn. He looks so emotionless on the side of the pitch. The palace manager was shouting and waving but he was walking around like he was looking for the right bus stop. 

Edited by Richmondfox
  • Like 2

Just now, Matt said:

Gutting to have drawn given the position we were in.

But, where was the hammering everyone was going on about and predicting?

Missed those hammerings by Spurs and Villa too.

Meh.

Not sure it matters about hammering. 2 points lost today,  end of. 

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

To be fair to Cooper, while he shouldn't have brought Coady on, he can't have expected him to do something that ****ing stupid. He should be able to trust a player of that experience not to do something as daft as that. 

I have no issue in that change on its own - other than it was made on it’s own like his other two changes.

But the shape he switched us to meant we couldn’t get near Palace when they had the ball - and couldn’t keep it when we did get it back.

The stark reality is - Cooper’s decisions are hindering the team, not helping it.