Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-2 Palace, A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

We won't stay up with someone like Cooper in charge. His decisions are diabolical compared to the level we aspire to be it, or just to even stay up.

Starting line up is too negative. In-game management is shockingly poor. I get the point of trying to see the game out but there comes a point where you over-compensate, by bringing on too many defensive subs and having absolutely no outlet for attacks or even just to hold up the ball and break momentum.

Let alone doing it too early, too. We went too defensive around 70-75 minutes. It felt like the game was in stoppage time as Palace chased the equaliser then, as opposed to earlier on. There was still time to make at least one attacking chance and bringing on an attacking player as opposed to cramming our team with defenders.

It's just really frustrating. To the point where the inevitability of the equaliser pains more than actually seeing it happen. A time where we could have been on 4 points and not just a miserable 2 considering it feels like we should be holding out for wins.

Coady was of course silly to make such a challenge and almost play lazily when he should be ready, but Cooper has to manage some of the blame overall. 

The Hamza sub made no sense.  All he and JJ did was point at a player and space that neither of them occupied.  Hamza was standing off watching them walk the ball into our half, he was fresh in so could’ve tried to apply pressure from the front. 

2 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

The player who scythed down a Palace player in the box in the 90th minute maybe? If that doesn’t happen, we win the game 2-1. Would you be giving Cooper the credit then?

It’s a tough one to take – it always is when you concede in the 90th minute – but overall, it was a solid away performance.

No. Like I said in a previous comment, just praying we can hold on for 40 minutes instead of working out and addressing why we were being tactically humped isn't worthy of any credit. 

Had we won that game, it would have been in spite of Cooper, not because of him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

You play the game in their half and they can't score. I know the reality is much more difficult than that, but bringing on purely defensive players won't achieve that. 

It's games like this that will define our season. We need to get everything right and a good manager might make the correct calls to give us that extra 10%.

At the moment I feel we'll be like Luton last season. A plucky underdog, but ultimately without the quality to stay up. 

The only sub that was an issue for me was Choudhury, he should have brought on Buoanotte or Pereira into midfield. Bringing on Coady wasn't an issue for me, and bringing on our most raw attacking talent in Fatawu was also fine. 
I think in the end it was more the fact that we invited pressure and dropped way too deep where we should have been pushing out a bit and pressuring them. I don't think Cooper is going to last long.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

The player who scythed down a Palace player in the box in the 90th minute maybe? If that doesn’t happen, we win the game 2-1. Would you be giving Cooper the credit then?

It’s a tough one to take – it always is when you concede in the 90th minute – but overall, it was a solid away performance.

how do you know if that doesnt happen then we win the game? they always looked like they were going to score. poor subs, poor manager

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

At this level, choosing not to use 2 of your permitted changes is a waste.

Energy levels when trying to close a game out is vitally important.

He made changes on the 72nd, 76th and 83rd.

Make just one of those together, you then have the further option to make a 4th and 5th change.

To tie your hands in such a way - makes no sense.

This 

it’s not complicated - if the manager is showing such poor game management then what chance do the players have 

7 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

So PGMOL saying he was behind the ball when played??? Bollocks

that can’t be genuine 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richmondfox said:

The Hamza sub made no sense.  All he and JJ did was point at a player and space that neither of them occupied.  Hamza was standing off watching them walk the ball into our half, he was fresh in so could’ve tried to apply pressure from the front. 

I'd genuinely have preferred us to bring on El Khannous or Buonanotte to give some outlet at the front and then if they equalised I'd have been less angry (but still annoyed at not winning!). 

Choudhury isn't up to the standard we need. The game has moved on from what he can do and what we need players to do. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

Agree.

Also I hope we aren't going to have this Premier League against Leicester nonsense spouted all season. I presume their first goal was onside because of Justin's leg. No doubt MOTD will confirm tonight. If he was off, it's a mistake. Nothing more. I think Coady's reaction confirms the penalty.

Anyone who seriously thinks all the ref's. will have been given a directive to punish Leicester really does need therapy.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I'd genuinely have preferred us to bring on El Khannous or Buonanotte to give some outlet at the front and then if they equalised I'd have been less angry (but still annoyed at not winning!). 

Choudhury isn't up to the standard we need. The game has moved on from what he can do and what we need players to do. 

And when Hamza got the ball he ran to the corner like he was killing time, only for Justin to lose it and we get countered. 

Well we've gone from sitting back at the start of games, hoping for the best and conceding to doing it at the end of the game instead so you can't say he's not willing to mix it up. Nobody can have been the least bit surprised by that ending when our plan to secure the win was to bring on ****ing Coady and Hamza and get everyone behind the ball.

• Like 1